含宝妈 发表于 2013-6-25 16:23:52

Best Books for 3 Year Olds (有图片有介绍,本本经典)

http://www.squidoo.com/books-3-year-olds
图片不能贴过来,请各位移步此链接

Best Books for 3 Year Olds
Great Books For 3 Year Olds.

Reading with a 3 year old is great. They have gone past the stage of books with one or two sentences and have graduated onto proper storytelling. This means you can choose books that you will both enjoy and you will not mind reading them again and again.

Books open up another world at this age. You can read books about different places, subjects, animals and interests. They are great for communicating with a young child. You can talk about the story and any feelings and emotions that it bought up. Books can help explain different situations. They help widen vocabulary and studies show that young children who are read to at home have a better start at school.

Best of all reading means that parents, carers and grandparents can sit down with a child and enjoy spending quality time together. Make the most of this special age where children are inquisitive and open to learning and reading. Buy or borrow lots of books, don\'t get bored with the same stories over and over again and enjoy reading with a 3 year old. Here are a few suggestions of what I think are the best books for 3 year olds to get you started. Explore what\'s available and choose books that you think both you and the 3 year old will enjoy.
Classic Books For 3 Year Olds
If you\'re looking for books that have stood the test of time or those you remember from your own childhood, here is a selection that you may like.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Big Books)
by Eric Carle
If you haven\'t introduced your 3 year old to The Hungry Caterpillar yet - it\'s not too late.
At age 3, my son loved this book.

We\'re Going on a Bear Hunt: Anniversary Edition of a Modern Classic
by Michael Rosen
We\'re Going on a Bear Hunt is a modern classic. Lots of use of repetitive language and rhythm to help improve vocabulary and language.

It\'s a great book to act out as you read it, moving through the long grass, the deep cold river and squelching through the swamp. And then you can do the actions faster when you\'re running away from the bear at the end.

Harold and the Purple Crayon 50th Anniversary Edition (Purple Crayon Books)
by Crockett Johnson
\"One night, after thinking it over for some time, Harold decided to go for a walk in the moonlight.\" So begins this gentle story that shows just how far your imagination can take you. Armed only with an oversized purple crayon, young Harold draws himself a landscape full of beauty and excitement.

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish Book & CD (Book and CD)
by Dr. Seuss
There\'s lots of classic Dr Seuss books that you can read to 3 year old children and One Fish, Two Fish etc is just one of them.

The book features lots of ridiculous rhymes to ignite a child\'s imagination! The rhymes also explore simple concepts such as color, numbers and opposites,

Where the Wild Things Are
by Maurice Sendak
Max gets sent to bed without anything to eat for misbehaving. But once in his room, he travels to the imaginary land of the Wild Things, where he meets a crowd of wild beasts and is crowned as their King.
The color illustrations are beautiful and the story has already been enjoyed by many children before.

Interactive Books for 3 Year Olds
There are lots of books available where 3 year olds can interact with the book and the story. Ideas include lift the flap books, puppet books and books where you can make decisions. My son used to love these types of books when he was three and they are great fun for adults to read and join in with too.

You\'re Not So Scary, Sid! (Puppet Pop Ups)
by Sam Lloyd
This tells the story of Sid, who\'s a monster but not a very scary one!
The adult can use the puppet in the front of the book to tell a story and then the child can have a go too.
Lots of fun!

You Choose!
by Pippa Goodhart
You Choose lets the child decide about what they would choose to be, have or do on each page.
From the numerous options available on the page you can choose where to live, where to sleep, who to have as your friends or what games you would play.
This was a favorite with my 3 year old son and the book is a great starting point for lots of discussions too.

Where\'s Spot?
by Eric Hill
Lift the flap books are very popular with 3 year olds and you can\'t go wrong with the classic hide and seek tale of Where\'s Spot.

What\'s in the Witch\'s Kitchen?
by Nick Sharratt
This is a lift the flap book that my son absolutely loved. It was his favorite book for ages. It\'s a lift the flap book with a difference. Each flap has the option of opening a different item in the witch\'s kitchen to discover either a yummy or yucky thing.
The only thing I would warn it does contain some toilet humor so if that\'s not your thing - avoid. But if that doesn\'t bother you I would highy recommend.

Rigby Literacy: Student Reader Grade 1 Shark In The Park
by RIGBY
A perfect peep hole book for 3 year olds. Timothy Pope looks through is telescope and keeps seeing a shark in the park which you see through the hole peeping through to the next page. But when you look through the onto the next page you see it wasn\'t a shark after all.
See the video below for a reading of the book. Both my boys love it (my elder boy and my 18 month old) and shout out \"There\'s a shark in the park\" along with me as I\'m reading it.

Julia Donaldson Books
Julia Donaldson books are brilliant for 3 year olds. The books are really well illustrated. The rhymes are clever and lovely to read. I don\'t get tired of reading her books to my little boy over and over again. Our favorites are The Gruffalo and Room on a Broom.

Room on the Broom
by Julia Donaldson
The witch and her cat are flying on the broom. But they lose her hat, the bow from her hair and then her wand. Luckily some helpful animals find and return the items but they also want a ride on the broom. But is there room for all of them? And can they save the witch from a hungry dragon?

The Gruffalo
by Julia Donaldson
A mouse is taking a stroll through the deep, dark wood when along comes a hungry fox, then an owl, and then a snake. The mouse is good enough to eat but smart enough to know this, so he invents . . . the gruffalo! As Mouse explains, the gruffalo is a creature with terrible claws, and terrible tusks in its terrible jaws, and knobbly knees and turned-out toes, and a poisonous wart at the end of its nose. But Mouse has no worry to show. After all, there\'s no such thing as a gruffalo. . . .

The Snail and the Whale
by Julia Donaldson
When a tiny snail meets a humpback whale, the two travel together to far-off lands. It\'s a dream come true for the snail, who has never left home before. But when the whale swims too close to shore, will the snail be able to save her new friend?

Books for 3 Year Old Boys
Check out the ideas below of the best books for 3 year old boys. Boys at this age especially love trucks and trains.

My Truck is Stuck!
by Kevin Lewis
3 year old boys will love My Truck is Stuck. Great illustration, rhyming and funny too. This book has everything a young boy will love.

The Goodnight Train
by June Sobel
The Goodnight Train is a great bedtime books for little boys who love trains. It\'s another rhyming book with some magical words and illustrations.
Choo Choo - grab your teddy, climb aboard the goodnight train is of to dreamland station. And whatever you do don\'t close your eyes!

Thomas the Tank Engine\'s Big Lift - And - Look Book
The Thomas book is a great book for 3 year old boys. There\'s lots to see and do with this book, flaps to lift, numbers to count and colors to name.

How I Became a Pirate
by Melinda Long
Pirate lovers will enjoy the excellent illustrations and wonderful story of \"How I Became a Pirate\". Great for doing voices and acting out.

Richard Scarry\'s Cars and Trucks and Things That Go
by Richard Scarry
Lots of detail, vocabulary and fun in this book about things that go. There is lots going on in each page for 3 year olds such as finding the hidden \"Goldbug\" on each spread. The great thing about this book is that it will be a favorite with children for many years.

Books for 3 Year Old Girls
For 3 year old girls who love traditional girly stories about princesses, fairies and other girls, here are a few top choices.

Princess Mix & Match
by Carol Monica
This princess mix and match book allows little girls to mix and match different princess outfits. There is fabric embedded into the different designs so its a good touch and feel book too. A story accompanies the different creations too.

Dora\'s Storytime Collection (Dora the Explorer)
by Various
Dora the Explorer fans will love this storytime collection of 7 stories in 1

Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?
by Carmela LaVigna Coyle, Mike Gordon
A princess story but not as we normally know it.
This princess has hiking boots and lots of questions for her daddy. As this princess and her daddy wander through the woods, all kinds of wonders reveal themselves. She discovers that no matter who you are, a princess lies inside of us.
A great book for daddy\'s to read with their daughters.

The Very Fairy Princess
by Julie Andrews, Emma Walton Hamilton
Geraldine knows, deep down, that she is a VERY fairy princess. From morning to night, Gerry does everything that fairy princesses do: she dresses in her royal attire, practices her flying skills, and she is always on the lookout for problems to solve. But it isn\'t all twirls and tiaras - as every fairy princess knows, dirty fingernails and scabby knees are just the price you pay for a perfect day!

Sofia the First
by Cathy Hapka
Meet Sofia, a little girl who lives a rather ordinary life. But everything changes when her mother, Miranda, marries the king. Overnight, Sofia becomes a princess, moves into the castle, gains a step-brother, a step-sister... and the ability to talk to her new animal friends thanks to a magical amulet! Now, life is anything but ordinary for Sofia the First!

Dinosaur Books for 3 Year Olds
There are some great dinosaur books perfect for preschoolers. Even if your little one isn\'t dinosaur mad, they will still love some of the books below.

How Do Dinosaurs Play with Their Friends?
by Jane Yolen
This is one of an excellent series of books by Jane Yolen. Others include How Do Dinosaurs Clean their Rooms? and How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?

In this book we find out how do dinosaurs play with their friends? What if a dinosaur\'s friends come to play? Does he mope, does he pout if he can\'t get his way? Does he hide all his dump trucks, refusing to share? Does he throw his friends\' coloring books up in the air? This book teaches very young children how to play nicely with their friends and shows them how to share.

How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?
by Jane Yolen
Another in the series by Jane Yolen.

\"How does a dinosaur say good night when Papa comes in to turn off the light? Does a dinosaur slam his tail and pout? Does he throw his teddy bear all about? Does a dinosaur stomp his feet on the floor and shout: \'I want to hear one book more!\'? DOES A DINOSAUR ROAR?\" Most certainly not. Dinosaurs give their mommies and daddies big hugs and kisses, tuck their tales in, and whisper \"Good night!\"

Dinosaurumpus!
by Tony Mitton
\"Shake, shake, shudder . . . near the sludgy old swamp. The dinosaurs are coming. Get ready to romp.\"
This is a really fun book about dinosaurs who come to the swamp for a really fun party.The rhyming is brilliant. It\'s quite catchy so your little ones can read along with you after they\'ve heard it a few times. They can also add their own wiggles and shakes as they listen!

Bedtime Stories and Books for 3 Year Olds
There have been lots of books already mentioned that would make great bedtime stories for 3 year olds. But here are a few more books with going to bed and goodnight themes to encourage your 3 year old to want that bedtime story and go to bed afterwards.

The Going-To-Bed Book
by Sandra Boynton
This book will help encourage reluctant 3 year olds to go to bed. It\'s silliness will real appeal to this age group. In The Going to Bed Book, the animals watch the sun go down and then prepare for bed. They take a bath (\"in one big tub\"), find pajamas, brush their teeth, do exercises up on deck (imagine an elephant jumping rope, a moose lifting weights, and a pig doing handstands), and finally say good night.

Goodnight Moon Big Book
by Margaret Wise Brown
A classic book perfect for bedtime, with lovely poetry and calming illustrations.

In a great green room, tucked away in bed, is a little bunny. \"Goodnight room, goodnight moon.\" And to all the familiar things in the softly lit room-to the picture of the three little bears sitting in chairs, to the clocks and his socks, to the mittens and the kittens, to everything one by one-he says goodnight.

Good Night, Gorilla
by Peggy Rathmann
It\'s a story about a gorilla who isn\'t ready for bed yet so lets himself out of his cage when he is meant to be asleep and follows the zoo keeper on his rounds of the zoo. But the gorilla lets all the animals out! This is well illustrated and will make a great bedtime story. Good fun.

Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site
by Sherri Duskey Rinker
Lovely illustrations and soothing rhyming make this a perfect bedtime book.
\"As the sun sets behind the big construction site, all the hardworking trucks get ready to say goodnight.\"

Llama Llama Red Pajama
by Anna Dewdney
A lovely bedtime rhyming book. An enjoyable read at bedtime for both carer and child. Addresses the concerns children get when they\'re left alone in their bed when their parent goes downstairs.

Bestselling Picture Books for 3 Year Olds 2013
There are some great new picture books that have been recently released and are on or have been on the New York Bestseller List as well as on bestseller list on amazon. They include some that have already been mentioned in the article such as the book \"Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site\".
Here are a selection of a few more which are perfect for 3 year olds.

Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons
by Eric Litwin
Following the success of Pete the Cat: I Love My Shoes, the author wrote Pete the Cat and his Four Groovy Buttons. Released in May 2012 this is still in April 2013 on the New York Times Bestseller List for Picture Books and has excellent reviews. Adults enjoy reading this as much as the kids enjoy listening.

Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as we steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are are, Pete keeps movin\' and groovin\' and singing his song...because it\'s all good.

Llama Llama Time to Share
by Anna Dewdney
This was selected as one of the best picture books in 2012 on amazon. It is still in the New York Times Bestseller List for Picture books in 2013 and has excellent reviews.

Llama Llama has new neighbors! Nelly Gnu and her mama stop by for a play date, but Llama\'s not so sure it\'s time to share all his toys. Maybe just his blocks? It could be fun to make a castle with Nelly . . . But wait--Nelly has Llama\'s little Fuzzy Llama! The fun turns to tears when Fuzzy Llama is ripped in two, \"all because of Nelly Gnu!\"

Press Here
by Herve Tullet
Press here - this is a really unusual idea for a book. It has excellent reviews and again is on the New York Bestseller book.
Open the first page to see a yellow dot. \"Ready\", says the narrator, \"Press here and turn the page\". On the next page as if by magic, a second yellow dot appears.
Each page of the book instructs the reader to press the dots, shake the pages, tilt the book and then see what happens next.

The Very Fairy Princess Follows Her Heart
by Julie Andrews, Emma Walton Hamilton
Just in time for Valentines Day! This is number 2 on the New York Bestseller List for Picture Books this week.

Tea Time with Sophia Grace and Rosie
by Sophia Grace Brownlee, Rosie McClelland
The precocious cousins from the ELLEN show host a princess tea party!

More Recommended Story Books
Here are some book ideas with great reviews over on amazon.

Bear Snores On
by Karma Wilson
This is a wonderful book which is beautifully illustrated. Lots of different animals arrive in bear\'s cave but Bear Snores On. It\'s fun to read and will become a favorite with many kids. Highly recommended.

Jamberry
by Bruce Degen
A book with silly but great rhyming about a boy and a bear who go on a romp through Berryland. The illustrations are outstanding and this book is great to be read aloud. Your child can accompany the narrative with their own dance moves.

Whoever You Are (Reading Rainbow Books)
by Mem Fox
This is a lovely book which introduces children to the idea that there are lots of different children all over the world who look different and speak different languages but inside we\'re all the same.

The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear
by Don Wood
A classic - first published in 1984.
A cute story with fantastic illustrations.
The Little Mouse will do all he can to save his strawberry from the Big, Hungry Bear, even if it means sharing it with the reader.

Corduroy (40th Anniversary Edition)
by Don Freeman
Another classic!
A stuffed bear waiting hopefully in a toy department finds a home with a little girl. Endearing, brightly colored pictures.

More Top Books for 3 Year Olds
Still not found a book that appeals to you?

Here are a few more ideas...

Owl Babies: Candlewick Storybook Animations
by Martin Waddell
I used to love reading this to my son when he was 3.

It tells the story of 3 owl babies who wake up to discover their mother has gone. But where? And when will she be back?

My son was wide eyed when I first told him this story of the owl babies. A good story to let them know that mommies always come back!

Little Rabbit Foo Foo
by Michael Rosen
I love this odd tale about naughty little rabbit foo foo.

Little Rabbit Foo Foo,
Riding through the forest
Scooping up the field mice
And boppin\' \'em on the head

Makes me and my son laugh every time!

Handa\'s Surprise: Read and Share (Reading and Math Together)
by Eileen Browne
Handa\'s surprise is a sweet, simple tale about a girl who\'s giving a gift of fruit to a friend in another village.

It is set in Kenya and is great for promoting awareness about more exotic fruits, different cultures, various animals and counting too.

On the Night You Were Born
by Nancy Tillman
On the night you were born,
the moon smiled with such wonder
that the stars peeked in to see you
and the night wind whispered.
\"Life will never be the same.\"

Guess How Much I Love You
by Sam McBratney
Little Nut Brown Hare and Big Nut Brown Hare play a game making attempts to show how much they love each other.
\"I love you right up to the moon - and back\".
Really cute and a game you can play with your own child after reading the story.

Learning Books for 3 Year Olds
Many 3 year olds love books which teach them about numbers, letters, colors and other concepts.

My son used to love doing activity books at this age. It\'s important not to push them to do activity books and read learning books that they don\'t enjoy. This will just build up a reluctance to books and it\'s important at this age they learn to love books and reading.

As well as activity books there are lots of books that teach children about the outside world and more.

If they are interested check out some ideas below.

Sticker Activity ABC (Early Learning: Sticker Activity)
by Roger Priddy
Learn the alphabet as children find the stickers, answer the questions and color the pictures.

Sticker Activity Numbers (Early Learning: Sticker Activity)
by Roger Priddy
Combination of puzzles, coloring, activities and over 100 stickers

Wipe Clean Early Learning Activity Book
by Roger Priddy
This book contains over 200 learning activities teaching letters, animals, time & numbers. They pages are wipe clean so you can do them over and over again. It comes with 2 wipe clean pens.

Big Preschool Workbook
by School Zone Staff
This Big Preschool Workbook combines popular 32-page School Zone workbooks into one convenient 320-page volume. #
Contents include: Same or Different, Mazes, Does It Belong, Uppercase Alphabet, Lowercase Alphabet, Thinking Skills, Preschool Basics, and Preschool Scholar.

Richard Scarry\'s What Do People Do All Day?
by Richard Scarry
Shows and tells what busy people do every day to build houses, sail ships, fly planes, keep house, and grow food.

Kindle Ebooks for 3 Year Olds
You can buy many versions of stories and books suitable for 3 year olds to read on the kindle. Bear in mind, a color device will display any illustrations better.
The good thing about kindle versions of books is that you can read them straight away to your child. This is especially good if you want something new to read for bedtime tonight!
The other good thing is that they often tend to be cheaper. You can even get free books.
Find a some ebooks suitable for 3 year olds below.

Children\'s Ebook-\"Sparkly Me\" (Children\'s Books Collection \"Sparkly Me\")
by Ally Nathaniel
Emma likes sparkly things.
But what happens when she can\'t use them anymore, is she going to lose her sparkle?

There\'s No Such Thing As Monsters (A Gorgeous Illustrated Children\'s Picture Book)
by Michael Yu
Our little sleepy head sees monsters everywhere in his house. He sees them under his bed, in the closet, and under the house. His mother tries to reassure him that there is no such thing as monsters and it\'s all in his imagination.

If You Have A Hat. A Silly Rhyming Children\'s Picture Book
by Gerald Hawksley
\"If you have a hat - put it on your head. If you have a bed bug - tuck him up in bed.\" A silly rhyming picture book created especially for Kindle by children\'s author/illustrator Gerald Hawksley. Simple silly rhyming text and jolly pictures make this an ideal Kindle experience for sharing with children.

There Was an Old Pirate Who Swallowed a Fish
by Jennifer Ward
An adaptation of the nursery rhyme there was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly.
Great illustrations.

Jake Bakes Cakes. A Silly Rhyming Children\'s Picture Book
by Gerald Hawksley
Another rhyming book by Gerald Hawksley who wrote \"If You Have a Hat\" featured above.

Books for 3 Year Olds in the UK
Here are two websites that suggest good books for 3 year old boys and girls in the UK
Best books for 3 year olds in the UK
If you\'re looking for good books for 3 year olds in the UK, check out this website which has some excellent suggestions.
Best books for 3 year old girls in the UK
Good suggestions of books for 3 year old girls in the UK. Ideas include princess books, classic books and modern picture books.

liuliz 发表于 2013-6-25 17:03:44

很多好书啊,谢谢分享。

wangshangkan 发表于 2013-6-30 18:53:20

谢谢分享了 看看 学习医学

cobra_zhy 发表于 2013-11-25 19:21:41

遗憾了 图文更好

riona_gigi 发表于 2014-1-8 15:55:01

可以参考一下。谢谢了。

陈小鲁 发表于 2014-1-9 09:08:15

好饿好饿的毛毛虫 HOW DO DINOSAURS 系列不错~

zqaw 发表于 2014-1-9 09:18:57

去看看啊 !!!!!

koolaysun 发表于 2014-3-25 19:17:30

谢谢去看看啊 !!!!!
本文摘自: 爸妈网(www.ebama.net) 详细出处请参考:http://www.ebama.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=161592

DankaPrincess 发表于 2017-1-26 03:14:50

Thank you for book list
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Best Books for 3 Year Olds (有图片有介绍,本本经典)