本帖最后由 pph0259 于 2014-11-20 17:57 编辑

此书论坛有http://www.ebama.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=204687&highlight=island
我打印了,画风很漂亮,想象力十足!
问题是最后2页,我无法理解。
倒数第二页,来了很多企鹅(应该不是前面那些幻想中的动物),包围小岛
文字是“and nothing, absolutely nothing ever happens”
最后一页岛不见了,小孩的脑袋变成了岛,上面顶着他的朋友,
文字是接上页的“on my island”.
我想,难道是:前面出现的动物是孩子幻想的,最后的企鹅应该是真的。企鹅抢走了孩子的岛???
天啦,谁来告诉我,到底是什么意思?

google来的书评:
Originally published in France, this minimal tale centers on a boy who announces, ""I live alone on my island,"" a small semi-sphere in the middle of the sea, which he goes on to say he actually shares with a wolf, two cats, three ants and a bat. The illustrations belie the text and convey the irony that, while the child and his menagerie loll about entirely bored, they are oblivious to the bizarre happenings around them. The illustrations do not make clear what separates the boy from the goings-on; a sea serpent encircles the island, cowboys ride on the backs of dolphins and elephants parachute into the sea, as a volcano erupts in the distance. Creatively textured, Gay's offbeat, collage-like art displays some comical images and the variable type sizes take on inventive configurations. Yet the goings-on here may well puzzle rather than entertain youngsters. Although they are meant to scoff at the narrator's lament that ""nothing, absolutely nothing ever happens on my island"" (revealed on a final spread to be the boy's brain), children are apt to identify with the islander; it's the parents who may appreciate the irony. Ages 3-9. (Apr.)

但是,我还是不怎么理解!
我能理解是孩子的想象力,但是具体怎么说呢?
我觉得还是: 企鹅抢走了男孩的岛,孩子都只能自己顶着朋友们了。发生了如此巨变的事件,但是在大人眼中却依然是nothing happens”.
不知道可通顺?
呵呵,我的这个理解,在群里被网友点评为“好雷人”。:L

xiaolinz 发表于 2015-8-2 00:37:58

我觉得根本就没有'岛',所谓的'岛'是孩子渴望交流又无法突破屏障的内心世界。

整个绘本读下来,有一种孤独,隔离,力不从心的感觉。孩子觉得自己与周边环境格格不入,完全不在一个频道上,他想走出去加入多彩的世界,又力不从心,不同的动物也许代表了孩子性格中不同的方面,他在自己的世界里,于自己的不同人格共存,彼此影响。他们看着外部世界纷繁变化,也会想像一下如果加入后的精彩。而实际情况却是不论外面是怎样变化,对于这个孩子,他都只是个旁观者,无法融入,所以,在一系列的巨变与繁华过后,他的'岛'上,还是什么也没有发生。

随便说说,不知道对不对。不过如果真是这个解释的话,适合读给孩子吗?
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 谁能告诉我《on my island》结局是什么含义?