melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:42:57

经典绘本的英文原文

-
Smelly Bill Stinks Again臭臭的比尔

Smelly Bill Stinks Again. by Daniel PostgateBill loved to climb in rubbish bins and so he smelt of many things,
And I can tell you none of those was very pleasant on the nose.
Bill was clever, tricky, tough, and nobody was smart enough
To get that rascal in the tub and give his fur a soapy scrub.
Nobody, except for one........

There was only one who could, A legend in the neighbourhood.
Her name was Great Aunt Bleach, and she, was every stinkers enemy.
One day Bill's folks went on a trip and Bleach came round to doggie-sit,
Bill heard the rubber gloves go snap... its scrubber-dubber time dear chap.

Up the garden path Bill fled, and jumped up on the garden shed,
With bark and growl and howl and yelp he called around the town for help.
From far and wide, in leaps and bounds, there came Bill's band of loyal hounds.
A shocking bunch of filthy freaks who hadn't had a bath in weeks.

Stagnant Stan, who stank of cheese and was a happy home for fleas
Putrid Pete, a creature who just loved to roll in his own pooh.
Filthy Fred, his favourite dish? It was a bag of rotting fish.
and Rancid Ron, with pong so strong that they could smell him in Hong Kong.

In a whirl of fur and fleas, they dashed around Aunt Bleach snapping at her heels and knees, which made the old girl screech:"Please dont bite me, please dont eat me, go inside you'll see
My shopping bag's full to the brim with sausages and chicken wings and lots of other yummy things, Much tastier than me"

In they ran each greedy mutt, expecting something lovely but
instead they found four ladies who, with hair of purple, pink and blue,
were waiting for them with shampoo!
Bill's flea-bag bunch turned tail to make a desperate effort to escape.
But no! Bleach blocked their way completely. "Bathtime boys" she whispered sweetly.

Then dogs and Aunties went to war, fighting bravely tooth and claw...
Auntie Florence grappled Stan round and round the room they span.
Putrid Pete fought Aunt Jemima, watch out for the priceless china!
Rancid Ron and Auntie Glynn both determined they would win.
Filthy Fred on Auntie Dee... now that was quite a sight to see!

The dogs fought till they could no more, then fell exhausted on the floor.
The aunties all let out a roar and danced around victorious... triumphant, proud and glorious.
Then they took those filthy pets slowly up the creaking steps,
Up to where no dog would dare to dream of his worst nightmare.

When they came home Bill's family were really quite surprised to see
Not one clean dog.. but five no less! Shame the house was such a mess!

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:43:48

MADELINE's Christmas 玛德琳的圣诞节

She was not afraid of mice she loved winter, snow and ice and ice and to the tiger in the zoo Madeline just said Pooh, pooh!
It was the night before Christmas and all through the house Not a creature was stirring not even the mouse.
For like everyone else in that house which was old the poor mouse was in bed with a miserable cold.
And only our brave little Madline.
Was up and about and feeling jut fine. Suddenly came a knock which made her pause-
Could it perhaps be Santa claus? But no…
A rug merchant was at the door. He had 12 rugs, he had no more.
Why these, said Madeline, would be so neat for our ice-cold in the morning feet.
It seems to me, said miss clavel, that you have chosen very well.
Without the rugs which he had sold the rug merchant got awfully cold.
To sell my rugs, he cried, was silly! Without them I am very chilly.
He wants to get them back- but will he ?
He made it- back to Madeline’s door- he couldn’t take one footstep more.
And little Madeline set about to find a way to thaw him out.
The merchant , who was tall and thin (and also a ma-gi-ci-an) Bravely took his medicine.
The magician, as he took his pill, said, ask me , Madeline, what you will.
Said she, I’ve cooked a dinner nutritious, will you please help me with these dishes?
If you’ll clear up I’ll go and see if I can find a Christmas tree.
His magic ring he gave a glance and went into a special trance- the dirty dishes washed themselves and jumped right back upon the shelves.
And jumped right back upon the shelves.
And then he mumbled words profound
That made the carpets leve the ground- and 12 little girls were on their way-
To surprise their parents on Christmas day.
Miss Clavel again quite well thought it time to ring her bell which quickly broke the magic spell.
And now we’re back, all 12 right here to wish our friends a happy new year!

typed by Melanie Zeng 2011/7/18

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:44:31

Nana upstairs& nana downstairs 樓上外婆樓下外婆

Nana upstairs& nana downstairs
When tommy was a little boy, he had a grandmother and a great-grandmother. He loved both of them very much.
He and his family would go to visit every Sunday afternoon. His grandmother always seemed to be standing by the big black stove in the kitten.
His great grandmother was always in bed upstairs because she was 94 years old.
So Tommy called them Nana downstairs and nana upstairs.
Almost every Sunday was the same. Tommy would run into the house , say hello to his Grandfather Tom and Nana downstairs, and then go up the back stairway to the bedroom where Nana upstairs was.
Get some candy, Nana upstairs would say. And he would open the lid of the sewing box on the dresser, and there would be candy mints.
Once Nana Downstairs came into the bedroom and helped Nana upstairs to the big morris chair and tied her in so she wouldn’t fall out.
Why will Nana upstairs fall out ? Tommy asked.
Because she is 94 years old, NANA DOWNSTAIRS said.
I’m 4 years old, Tommy said. Tie me in a chair too!
So every Sunday, after he found the candy mints in the sewing box on the dresser, Nana Downstairs would come up the back stairway and tie Nana upstairs and Tommy in their chairs, and then they could eat their candy and talk.
Nana upstairs told him about the little people. Watch out for the fresh one with the hat with the red feather in it. He plays with matches, she said. I will , said Tommy. There he is! She said. Over by the brush and comb. See him? Tommy nodded.
When NANA DOWNSTAIRS had finished her work by the big black stove and baked a cake to eat before tommy went home, she could come back upstairs.
Now, NANA DOWNSTAIRS would say as she untied Tommy from his chair. We must all take our naps.
After their naps, Nana downstairs would comb out NANA UPSTAIRS beautiful silver white hair. Then Nana downstairs would comb and brush her own hair.
Now make the cow’s tail! Tommy would say. And she could twist her hair and pin it up on top of her head.
One time tommy’s older brother came into the bedroom and saw NANA UPSTAIRS with her hair all down around her shoulders and he ran away. She looks like a witch! He said. She does not! Tommy said, she’s beautiful.
Time for ice cream! Shouted Grandfather tom. And Tommy and his brother went with him, and sometimes their father and their uncle Charles, down to the ice cream store.
When they got back, it was time for NUS to have a snack, and tommy would help carry the tray of milk and crackers up the back stairway.
Once Tommy’s father took movies of the whole family. He took movies of NANA DOWNSTAIRS and NANA UPSTAIRS . and tommy stood in the middle.
One morning when Tommy woke up at his own house, his mother came in to talk to him.
NANA UPSTAIRS died last night, she said. What’s died? Tommy asked. Died means that NANA UPSTAIRS won’t be her anymore, Mother answered.
They went to Tom and NANA DOWNSTAIRS house, even though it wasn’t Sunday. Tommy ran up the back stairway before he’d even said hello. He ran into Nana Upstairs’ room. The bed was empty.
Tommy began to cry. Won’t she ever come back? He asked. No,dear, mother said softly. Except in your memory. She will come back in your memory whenever you think about her. From then on he called NANA DOWNSTAIRS just plain Nana.
A few nights later, Tommy woke up and looked out his bedroom window at the stars.
All of a sudden, a star fell through the sky. He got up and ran to his mother and father’s bedroom.
I just saw a falling star, he said. Perhaps that was a kiss from Nana Upstairs, said mother.
A long time later, when Tommy had grown up, NANA DOWNSTAIRS was old and in bed just like NANA UPSTAIRS, then she died too. And one night, when he looked out his bedroom window, Tommy saw another star fall gently through the sky.
Now you are both Nana upstairs, he thought.
Typed by Melanie Zeng 2011/9/20

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:44:57

Zin! Zin! Zin! A violin 大家来听音乐会

Zin! Zin! Zin! A violin
With mournful moan and silken tone, Itself alone comes one trombone. Gliding, sliding, high notes go low; one trombones is playing solo.
Next , a trumpet comes along, and sings and stings its swinging song. It joins trombone, no more alone, and one and two-o, they’re a duo.
Fine French horn, its valves all oiled, bright and brassy, loops all coiled, golden yellow; joins its fellows. Two , now three-o, what a trio!
Now , a mellow friend, the cello, next extended, bow a hello, end pin set upon the floor, it makes up a quartet- that’s four.
And soaring high and moving in, with Zin! Zin! Zin! A violin, stroking strings that come alive; now quintet. Let’s count them; five.
Flute, that senana downstairs our soul a –shiver; Flute, that slender, silver sliver. A place among the set it picks to make a young sextet- that’s six.
With steely keys that softly click, its breezy notes so darkly slick,A sleek, black, woody clarinet. It number seven-now septet.
Gleeful, bleating, sobbing, pleading, through its throbbing double-reeding; oboe, please don’t hesitate: come, make it an octet- that’s eight.
That lazy clown, the big bassoon! He plays low down, we’re laughing soon. Here , Grumpy, get your place in line, and give us a nonet- that’s nine.
The Harp descenana downstairs with angel’s wings, a heaven’s blend through magic strings, and when it joins the others, then behold! A chamber group of ten.
The orchestra comes in the hall. They’re on the stage; we see them all: the cello, harp, and clarinet, the trumpet, whom we’ve also met, the oboe, flute, and big bassoon, all eager to get started soon, all eager to get started soon. Trombone, French horn, and violin, all poised and ready. Now, begin!
The strings all soar, the reeds implore, the brasses roar with notes galore. It’s music that we all adore. It’s what we go to concerts for .
The minutes fly, the music enana downstairs, and so, good-bye to our new frienana downstairs. But when they’ve bowed and left the floor, if we clap loud and shout, encore! They may come our and play once more.
And that would give us great delight before we say a late good night.
Typed by Melanie Zeng 2011/9/12

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:45:19

Alice the Fairy 小仙女愛莉絲

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:45:40

Alice the Fairy 小仙女愛莉絲

Alice the fairy
My name is Alice. I’m a fairy!
I’m not a permanent fairy. I’m a temporary fairy. You have to pass a lot of tests to be a permanent fairy.
I have wings so I can fly! I can’t fly very high yet, but I can fly really fast!
This is my magic wand. This my blanket. Fairies us magic wands to change frogs into princes and things like that. I changed my dad into a horse.
One time my mom made cookies for my dad. So I turned them into mine.
I felt bad about the cookies , so I thought I’d whip up a new outfit for my day. Did I tell you he’s the duke of morning side drive? Well, he is !
Golden sparkley pants. Purplish- pinkish shoes (my favorite color.)
But clothes were too hard, so I made him a new crown instead.
With my magic wand, I can make leaves fll from trees. And I can draw pictures on water.
Sometimes I us my wand to disappear. But that’s kind of scary.
I’d rather use my blanket!      
Of course, I also have a magic Mirror. Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairiest of them all?
Well, what do you know- it’s me, alice! Thank you , mirror!
Fairy dust is very useful. I use it to turn oatmeal into cake.
Casting spells is antoher important part of being a fairy. Wathc me make my dog float on the ceiling.
Hocus Pocus croakin Docus!
Howkin towkin Riggin Fowlkin!
Doggin Floggin biddle Noggin!!
Okay.. that one needs a little work.
But , a fairy must be very careful with magic. Once I accidently turned my white dress into a red one.
That made the Duchess so mad she locked me in the tower forever! (I got away, though)
A fairy’s life is filled with danger. Broccoli is often poisoned by the wicked duchess and should never be eaten.
Fairies also hate baths. I’d like to turn my bathwater into strawberry jell-o. That would be fun! But , I don’t know how yet.
You have to be a permanent fairy to do tricks like that.
They go to advanced fairy school to learn how.
I’m supposed to learn how to make clothes get up off the floor and dance around and line up in the closet.
I’m not very good at that , though.
I’ll probably be a temporary fairy forever.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:45:49

Ella Sarah gets Dressed
One morning, Ella Sarah got up and said, I want to wear my pink polka-dot pants my dress with orange and green flowers, my purple and blue striped socks, my yellow shoes, and my red hat.
Her mother said, that outfit is too dressy. Whey don’t you wear your nice blue dress with matching socks, and your white sandals?
But Ella Sarah said ,no. I want to wear my pink polka-dot pants, my dress with orange and green flowers, my purple and blue striped socks, my yellow shoes, and my red hat.
Her father said, that outfit is too fancy. Why don’t you wear your yellow T-shirt with white shorts, and your tennis shoes?
But Ella Sarah said, no .I want to wear my pink polka-dot pants, my dress with orange and green flowers, my purple and blue striped socks, my yellow shoes, and my red hat!
Her big sister said, that outfit is too silly. You should wear these overalls, that are too small for me , and my old boots.
But Ella Sarah said, no .I want to wear my pink polka-dot pants, my dress with orange and green flowers, my purple and blue striped socks, my yellow shoes, and my red hat!
So…
She put on her pink polka-dot pants, her dress with orange and green flowers, her purple and blue striped socks, her yellow shoes, and her red hat!
Ella Sarah thought her outfit was just right.
Ding dong!
And so did her friends.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:46:01

A Dark, Dark Tale

Once upon a time
there was a dark, dark moor.
On the moor there was a dark, dark wood.
In the wood there was a dark, dark house.
At the front of the house
there was a dark, dark door.
Behind the door there was a dark, dark hall.
In the hall there were some dark, dark stairs.
Up the stairs there was a dark, dark passage.
Across the passage
there was a dark, dark curtain.
Behind the curtain was a dark, dark room.
In the room was a dark, dark cupboard.
In the cupboard was a dark, dark corner.
In the corner was a dark, dark box.
And in the box there was…
A MOUSE!

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:46:13

The Three Robbers 三个强盗 (完整版)

Once upon a time there were three fierce robbers. They went about hidden under large black capes and tall black hats.

The first had a blunderbuss. The second had a pepper-blower. And the third had a huge red axe. In the dark of night they walked the roads, searching for victims.
They terrified everyone. Brave women fainted. Brave men ran. Dogs fled.

To stop carriages, the robbers blew pepper in the horses' eyes. With the axe, they smashed the carriage wheels. And with the blunderbuss, they threatened the passengers and plundered them.

The robbers' hide-out was a cave high up in the mountains. There they carried their loot. They had trunks full of gold, jewels, money, watches, wedding rings, and precious stones.
But one bitter, black night the robbers stopped a carriage that had but one passenger, an orphan named Tiffany. She was on her way to live with a wicked aunt.
Tiffany was delighted to meet the robbers. Since there was no treasure but Tiffany, the thieves bundled her in a warm cape and carried her away.
They made up a soft bed for her in a corner of the cave. And there she slept. The next morning she awoke a find herself surrounded by trunks of glittering riches.

"What is all this for?" she asked. The robbers choked and sputtered. They had never thought of spending their wealth. So to use their treasure they gathered up
all the lost, unhappy, and abandoned children they could find. They bought a beautiful castle where all of them could live.
Dressed in red caps and capes, the children moved into their new house. Stories of the castle spread throughout the land. New children came or were brought each day
to the doorsteps of the three robbers. The children grew until they were old enough to marry. Then they built houses around the castle. A village grew up,
full of people dressed in red caps and capes. These people, in memory of their kind foster fathers, built three tall, high-roofed towers.
One for each of the three robbers.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:46:26

晚安猫头鹰

Owl tried to sleep.

The bees buzzed,
buzz, buzz,
and Owl tried to sleep.

The squirrel cracked nuts.
crunch, crunch,
and Owl tried to sleep.

The crows croaked,
caw, caw,
and Owl tried to sleep.

The woodpecker pecked,
rat-a-tat! rat-a-tat!
and Owl tried to sleep.

The starlings chittered,
twit-twit, twit-twit,
and Owl tried to sleep.

The jays screamed,
ark, ark,
and Owl tried to sleep.

The cuckoo called,
cuckoo, cuckoo,
and Owl tried to sleep.

The robin peeped.
pip, pip,
and Owl tried to sleep.

The sparrows chirped,
cheep, cheep,
and Owl tried to sleep.

The doves cooed,
croo, croo,
and Owl tried to sleep.

The bees buzzed,
buzz, buzz.
The squirrel cracked nuts.
crunch, crunch.
The crows croaked,
caw, caw.
The woodpecker pecked,
rat-a-tat! rat-a-tat!
The starlings chittered,
twit-twit, twit-twit.
The jays screamed,
ark, ark.
The cuckoo called,
cuckoo, cuckoo.
The robin peeped.
pip, pip.
The sparrows chirped,
cheep, cheep.
The doves cooed,
croo, croo.
and Owl tried to sleep.

Then darkness fell
and the moon came up.
And there wasn't a sound.

Owl screeched.
screech, screech
and woke everyone up.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:46:37

Millions of Cats 100万只猫 by Wanda Gag (完整版)

Once upon a time there was a very old man and a very old woman. They lived in a nice clean house which had flowers all around it, except where the door was. But they couldn’t be happy because they were very lonely (1).
‘If only we had a cat!’ sighed the very old woman.
'A cat?’ asked the very old man.
‘Yes, a sweet little fluffy cat,’ said the very old woman.
‘I will get you a cat, my dear,’ said the very old man.
And he set out over the hills to look for one… and at last he came to a hill which was quite covered with cats.
Cats here, cats there,
Cats and kittens everywhere,
Hundreds of cats,
Thousands of cats,
Millions and billions and trillions of cats.
'Oh,’ cried the man joyfully, ‘now I can choose the prettiest cat and take it home with me!’ So he chose one. It was white.
But just as he was about to leave, he saw another one all black and white and it seemed just as pretty… So he took this one also.
But then he saw a fuzzy gray kitten… so he took it too.
And now he saw one way down in a corner…
And just then, over here, the very old man found a kitten which was black and very beautiful…
And now, over there, he saw a cat which had brown and yellow stripes…
So it happened that every time the very old man looked up, he saw another cat which was so pretty he could not bear to leave it… (2) efore he knew it he had chosen them all.
And so he went back over the sunny hills and down through the cool valleys…
It was very funny to see those hundreds of cats, thousands of cats, millions and billions and trillions of cats following him.
They came to a pond.
‘Mew, mew! We are thirsty’ cried the
Hundreds of cats,
Thousands of cats,
Millions and billions and trillions of cats…
Each cat took a sip of water, and the pond was gone!
‘Mew, mew! Now we are hungry’ cried the
Hundreds of cats,
Thousands of cats,
Millions and billions and trillions of cats…Each cat ate a mouthful of grass and not a blade was left!
Pretty soon the very old woman saw them coming.
‘My dear!’ she cried. ‘What are you doing? I asked for one little cat, and what do I see-
'Cats here, cats there,
Cats and kittens everywhere,
Hundreds of cats,
Thousands of cats,
Millions and billions and trillions of cats.
But we can never feed them all,’ said the very old woman. ‘They will eat us out of house and home.’
‘I never thought of that,’ said the very old man. (3)
The very old woman thought for awhile…
‘I know! We will let the cats decide which one we should keep.’
‘Oh yes… Which one of you is the prettiest?
‘I am!’
‘No, I am!’
‘No, I am the prettiest…’ cried the ‘Mew, mew! We are thirsty’ cried the hundreds and thousands and millions and billions and trillions of voices, for each cat thought itself the prettiest.
And they began to quarrel. (4)
They bit and scratched and clawed… But after awhile, the noise stopped… They could not see a single cat!
‘I think they must have eaten each other all up,’ said the very old woman…
‘But look!’ said the very old man, and he pointed to a bunch of high grass. In it sat one little frightened kitten. They went out and picked it up. It was thin and scraggly…
‘ow did it happen that you were not eaten up…’
‘Oh, I am just a very homely little cat,’ said the kitten. (5) ‘So when you asked who was the prettiest, I didn’t say anything. So nobody bothered about me.’
They took the kitten into the house, where the very old woman gave it a warm bath and brushed its fur until it was soft and shiny.
Every day they gave it plenty of milk–and soon it grew nice and plump.
‘And it is a very pretty cat, after all!’ said the very old woman.
‘It is the most beautiful cat in the whole world, said the very old man. ‘I ought to know for I’ve seen–
Hundreds of cats,
Thousands of cats,
Millions and billions and trillions of cats–
And not one was as pretty as this one.’"

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:46:48

The Story of Ferdinand 爱花的牛

The Story of Ferdinand
by Munro Leaf

Once upon a time in Spain there was a little bull and his name was Ferdinand. All the other little bulls he lived with would run and jump and butt their heads together, but not Ferdinand. He liked to sit just quietly and smell the flowers. He had a favorite spot out in the pasture under a cork tree. It was his favorite tree and he would sit in its shade all day and smell the flowers.   
    Sometimes his mother, who was a cow, would worry about him. She was afraid he would be lonesome all by himself. "Why don't you run and play with the other little bulls and skip and butt your head?" she would say. But Ferdinand would shake his head. "I like it better here where I can sit just quietly and smell the flowers." His mother saw that he was not lonesome, and because she was an understanding mother, even though she was a cow, she let him just sit there and be happy.
    As the years went by Ferdinand grew and grew until he was very big and strong. All the other bulls who had grown up with him in the same pasture would fight each other all day. They would butt each other and stick each other with their horns. What they wanted most of all was to be picked to fight at the bull fights in Madrid. But not Ferdinand--he still liked to sit just quietly under the cork tree and smell the flowers.
    One day five men came in very funny hats to pick the biggest, fastest roughest bull to fight in the bull fights in Madrid. All the other bulls ran around snorting and butting, leaping and jumping so the men would think that they were very very strong and fierce and pick them. Ferdinand knew that they wouldn't pick him and he didn't care.
    So he went out to his favorite cork tree to sit down. He didn't look where he was sitting and instead of sitting on the nice cool grass in the shade he sat on a bumble bee. Well, if you were a bumble bee and a bull sat on you what would you do? You would sting him. And that is just what this bee did to Ferdinand. Wow! Did it hurt! Ferdinand jumped up with a snort. he ran around puffing and snorting, butting and pawing the ground as if he were crazy.
    The five men saw him and they all shouted with joy. here was the largest and fiercest bull of all. Just the one for the bull fights in Madrid! So they took him away for the bullfight day in a cart.
    What a day it was! Flags were flying, bands were playing...and all the lovely ladies had flowers in their hair. They had a parade ino the bull ring. First came the Banderilleros with long sharp pins with ribbins on them to stick in the bull and make him mad. Next came the Picadores who rode skinny horses and they had long spears to stick in the bull and make him madder. Then came the Matador, the proudest of all--he thought he was very handsome, and bowed to the ladies. He had a red cape and a sword and was supposed to stick the bull last of all. Then came the bull, and you know who that was don't you? --FERDINAND.
    They called him Ferdinand the Fierce and all of the Banderilleros were afraid of him and the Picadores were afraid of him and the Matador was scared stiff. Ferdinand ran to the middle of the ring and everyone shouted and clapped because they thought he was going to fight fiercely and butt and snort and stick his horns around. But not ferdinand. When he got to the middle of the ring he saw the flowers in all the lovely ladies' hair and he just sat down quietly and smelled.
    He wouldn't fight and be fierce no matter what they did. He just sat and smelled. And the Banderilleros were mad and the Picadores were madder and the Matador was so mad he
cried because he couldn't show off with his cape and sword. So they had to take Ferdinand home.
    And for all I know he is sitting there still, under his favorite cork tree, smelling the flowers just quietly.
    He is very happy.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:47:04

The Tiny Seed 小种子

It is Autumn.
A strong wind is blowing. It blows flower seeds high in the
air and carries them far across the land. one of the seeds
is tiny, smaller than any of the others. Will it be able to
Keep up with the others? And where are they all going?

One of the seeds flies higher than the others. Up, up it
goes! It flies too high and the sun's hot rays burn it up.
But the tiny seed sails on with the others.

Another Seed Lands on a tall and icy mountain.
The ice never melts, and the seed cannot grow.
The rest of the seeds fly on. But the tiny seed
does not go as fast as the others.

Now they fly over the ocean. One seed falls into the water
and drowns. The others sail on with the wind. But the tiny
seed does not go as high as the others.

One seed drift down onto the desert. It is hot and dry,
and the seed cannot grow. Now the tiny seed is flying
very low, but the wind pushes it on with the others.

Finally the wind stops and the seeds fall gently down
on the ground. A bird comes by and eats one seed.
The tiny seed is not eaten. It is so small that the bird
does not see it.

Now it is Winter.
After their long trip the seeds settle down. They look just
as if they are going to sleep in the earth. Snow falls and
covers them like a soft white blanket. A hungry mouse
that also lives in the ground eats a seed for his lunch. But
the tiny seed lies very still and the mouse does not see it.

Now it is spring.
After a few months the snow has melted. It is really spring!
Birds fly by. The sun shines. Rain falls. The seeds grow so
round and full they start to burst open a little.
Now they are not seeds any more. they are plants. First
they send roots down into the earth. Then their little stems
and leaves begin to grow up toward the sun and air.
There is another plant that grows much faster than the
new little plants. It is a big fat weed. And it takes all the
sunlight and the rain away from one of the small new
plants. And that little plant dies.

The tiny seeds hasn't begun to grow yet. It will be too late!
Hurry! But finally it too start to grow into a plant.

The warm weather also brings the children out to play.
They too have been waiting for the sun and spring time.
One child doesn't see the plants as he run along and -
Oh! He break one! Now it cannot grow any more.

The tiny plant that grew from the tiny seed is growing fast,
but its neighbour grows even faster. Before the tiny plant has
three leaves the other plant has seven! And look! A bud!
And now even a flower!

But what is happening? First there are footsteps. Then
a shadow looms over them. Then a hand reaches down
and breaks off the flower.

A boy has picked the flower to give to a friend.

It is Summer.
Now the tiny plant from the tiny seed is all alone.
It grows on and on. It doesn't stop. The sun shines
on it and the rain waters it. It has many leaves.
It grows taller and taller. It is taller than the people.
It is taller than the trees. It is taller than the houses.
And now a flower grows on it. People come from
far and near to look at this flower. It is the tallest
flower they have ever seen. It is a giant flower.

All summer long the birds and bees and butterflies
come visiting. They have never seen such a big and
beautiful flower.

Now it is Autumn again.
The days grow shorter. The nights grow cooler. And
the wind carries yellow and red leaves past the flower.
Some petals drop from the giant flower and they sail
along with the bright leaves over the land and down
to the ground.

The wind blows harder. Then flower has lost almost all of
its petals. It sways and bends away from the wind. But the
wind grows stronger and shakes the flower. Once more
the wind shakes the flower, and this time the flower's
seed pod opens. Out come many tiny seeds that quickly
sail far away on the wind.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:47:18

The Cat in the Hat

The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house all that cold, cold, wet day. I sat there with Sally. We sat there, we two. And I said, "how I wish we had something to do!" Too wet to go out and too cold to play ball. So we sat in the house. We did nothing at all. So all we could do was to sit! sit! sit! sit! And we did not like it. Not one little bit. And then something went BUMP! How that bump made us jump!

We looked! Then we saw him step in on the mat! We looked! And we saw him! The cat in the hat! and he said to us, " why do you sit there like that?" "I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny.But we can have lots of good fun that is funny!" "I know some good game we could play," said the cat.

"I konw some new tricks," said the cat in the hat. "A lot of good tricks. I will show then to you. your mother will not mind at all if I do." Then Sally and I did not know what to say. Our mother was out of the house for the day.

BUt our fish said, "NO! No! Make that cat go away! Tell that cat in the Hat you do not want to play. He should not be here. He should not be about. He should not be here when your mother is out!"

"Now! Now! Have no fear. Have no fear!" said the cat. "My tricks are not bad," said the cat in the hat. "Why, we can have lots of good fun, if you wish, with a game that I call Up-up-up with a fish!"

"put me down!" said the fish. "This is no fun at all! Put me down!" said the fish. "I do not wish to fall!"

"Have no fear!" said the cat. "I will not let you fall. I will hold you up high as I stand on a ball. With a book on one hand! And a cup on my hat! But that is not all I can do!" said the cat...

"Look at me! Look at me now!" said the cat. "With a cup and a cake on the top of my hat I can hold up two books! I can hold up the fish! And a little toy ship! And some milk on a dish! And look! I can hop up and down on the ball! But that is not all! Oh, no. That is not all..."

"Look at me, Look at me ,Look at me now! It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how. I can hold up the cup and the milk and the cake! I can hold up ghese books and the fish on a rake! I can hold the toy ship and a little toy man! And look! With my tail I can hold a red fan! I can fan with the fan as I hop on the ball! But that is not all. Oh, no. That is not all.."

That is what the cat said...

Then he fell on his head! He came down with a bump from up there on the ball. And Sally and I, We saw all the things fall!

And our fish came down, too. He fell into a pot! He said, "Do I like this? Oh, no! I do not. This is not a good game," said our fish as he lit. "No, I do not like it, not one little bit!"

"Now look what you did!" said the fish to the cat.

"Now look at this house! Look at this! Look at that! you sank our toy ship, sand it deep in the cake. You shook up our house and you bent our new rake. You should not be here when our mother is not. You get out of this house!" said the fish in the pot.

"But I like to be here. Oh, I like it a lot!" said the can in the hat to the fish in the pot. "I will not go away. I do not wish to go! And so," said the cat in the hat "so so so ... I will show you another good game that I know!"

And then he ran out. And then, fast as a fox, the cat in the hat came back in with a box. A big red wood box. It was shut with a hook. "now look at this trick," said the cat.

"Take a look!" Then he got up on top with a tip of his hat. "I call this game FUN-IN -A -BOX" said the cat. "In this box are two things. I will show to you now. you will like these two things," said the cat with a bow.

"I will pick up the hook. You will see something new. Two things. And I call them Thing One and Thing Two. These Things will not bite you.They want to have fun." Then, our of the box came Thing Two and Thing One! And they run to us fast. They said, "How do you do? would you like to shake hands with Thing One and Thing Two?"

And Sally and I did not know what to do. So we had to shake hands with Thing One and Thing Two. We shook their two hands. But our fish said, "No! No! Those Things should not be in this house! Make them go! They should not be here when your mother is not! Put them out! Put them out!" said the fish in the pot.

"Have no fear, little fish," said the cat in the hat. "They are tame. Oh, so tame!They have come here to play. They will give you some fun on this wet, wet, wet day."

"Now, here is a game that they like," said the cat. "they like to fly kites," said the cat in the hat.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:47:46

The Cat In The Hat Comes Back

Setting: outside a house- Mom has gone to town and the narrator and Sally
have to clean all the snow.
Narrator:
This was no time for play.
This was not time for fun.
This was no time for games.
There was work to be done.
All that deep,
Deep, deep snow,
All that snow had to go.
When our mother went
Down to the town for the day,
She said,
Mother: Somebody has to clean all this away.
         Somebody, somebody
         Has to, you see.
Narrator: Then she picked out two Somebodies.
             Sally and me.
             Well…
             There we were.
             We were working like that
             And then who should come up
             But the CAT IN THE HAT!
Sally:Oh-oh!
      Don’t you talk to that cat.
      That cat is a bad one,
      That Cat in the Hat.
      He plays lots of bad tricks.
      Don’t you let him come near.
      You know what he did
      The last time he was here.
The Cat: (laughing) Play tricks?
      Oh, my my! No, no, no!
      I just want to go in
      To get out of the snow.
      Keep your mind on your work.
      You just stay there, you two.
      I will go in the house
      And find something to do.
Narrator: Then the cat went right in!
    He was up to no good!
            So I ran in after
            As fast as I could!
            Do you know where I found him?
            You know where he was?
            He was eating a cake in the tub!
         Yes he was!
         The hot water was on
         And the cold water, too.
         And I said to the cat,
         “What a bad thing to do!”
The Cat: But I like to eat cake
            In a tub
            You should try it sometime.
Narrator: And then I got mad.
             This was no time for fun.
             I said, “Cat! You get out!
             There is work to be done.
             I have no time for tricks.
             I must go back and dig.
             I can’t have you in here
             Eating cake like a pig!
            You get out of this house!
            We don’t want you about!
            Then I shut off the water
            And let it run out.
            The water ran out.
            And then I saw THE RING!
         A ring in the tub!
         And, oh boy! What a thing!
         A big long pink cat ring!
         It looked like pink ink!
         And I said, ‘Will this ever
         Come off? I don’t think!”
The Cat: (laughing) Have no fear of that ring,
            Why, I can take cat rings
            Off tubs.Just like that!
Narrator: Do you know how he did it?
            WITH MOTHER’S WHITE DRESS!
               Now the tub was all clean,
               But her dress was a mess!
               Then Sally looked in.
               Sally saw the dress, too!
               And Sally and I
               Did not know what to do
               We should work in the snow.
               But that dress! What a spot!
Sally: It may never come off!
          It may not!
The Cat: (laughing) Ho Ho
      I can make the spot go.
      The way I take spots off a dress
      Is just so!
      See here!
      It is not hard at all.
      The thing that takes spots
      Off a dress is a wall!
Narrator: Then we saw the cat wipe
      The spot off the dress.
      Now the dress was all clean.
      But the wall! What a mess!
The Cat: (laughing) Oh, wall spots!
      Let me tell you some news.
      To take spots off a wall,
      All I need is two shoes!
Narrator: Whose shoes did he use?
            I looked and saw whose!
             And I said to the cat,
            “ This is very bad news.
            Now the spot is all over
            DAD’S $10 SHOES!”

The Cat: (laughing) But your dad will not
            Know about that,
                He will never find out,
            His $10 shoes will have
            No spots at all.
            I will rub them right off
            On this rug in the hall.
Narrator: (yelling) But now we have rug spots!
             What a day!
             Rug spots! What next?
             Can you take them away?
The Cat: (laughing) Don’t ask me
             Why, you know that I can!
Narrator: Then he picked up the rug
            And away he ran.
The Cat: I can clean up these rug spots
            Before you count three!
            No spots are too hard
            For a Hat Cat like me!
Narrator: He ran into Dad’s bedroom
             And then the cat said,
The Cat: It is good that your dad
            Has the right kind of bed.
Narrator: Then he shook the rug!
             CRACK!
             Now the bed had the spot!
             And all I could say was,
            “Now what, Cat?
            Now what?”
             But the cat stood still.
             He just looked at the bed.
The Cat: This is not the right kind of bed.
             To take spots off THIS bed
            Will be hard.
             I can’t do it alone.
            It is good I have some one
            To help me.
            Right here in my hat
      On the top of my head!
      It is good that I have him
      Here with me today.
      He helps me a lot.
      This is Little Cat A.
Narrator: And then Little Cat A
            Took the hat off HIS head.
The Cat: This is Little Cat B.
            And I keep him about,
         And when I need help,
            Then I let him out.
Little Cat B: I think we need Little Cat C.
               That spot is too much
         For the A cat and me.
         But now, have no fear!
         We will clean it away!
         The three of us! Little Cats B, C, and A!
Little Cat A: Come on! Take it away!
            I will hit that old spot
         With this broom! Do you see?
         It comes off the bed!
         It goes on the T.V.
Narrator: And then Little Cat B
             Cleaned up the T.V.
             He cleaned it with milk,
             Put the spot in a pan!
             And then C blew it out
            Of the house with a fan!
            “But look where it went!
            Look where it blew!
            You blew the mess
            Out of the house.That is true.
            But now you made Snow Spots!
            You can’t let THEM stay!
Little Cats A, B, C: Let us think about that now.
Little Cat C: With some help, we can do it!

Narrator: Then POP! On his head
            We saw Little Cat D!
            Then, POP! POP! POP!
            Little Cats E, F, and G!
Little Cats A, B, C, D, E, F, G: We will clean up that snow
                                                   If it takes us all day!
                                     If it takes us all night,
                                     We will clean it away!
Narrator: They ran out of the house then
            And we ran out, too.
Narrator and Sally: Your cats are no good.
                        Put them back in your hat.
                        Take your Little Cats G,
                        F, E, D, C, B, A,
                        Put them back in your hat
                        And take them away!
The Cat: Oh, no!
            All they need is more help.
            Help is all that they need.
            So stay still and don’t yelp.
Narrator: Then Little G
             Took the hat off his head.
Little Cat G: I have Little Cat H
                   Here to help us.
                   Little Cats H, I, J
                K, L, M.
                But our work is so hard
                We must have more than them.
                We need Little Cat N.
                We need O. We need P.
                We need Little Cats Q, R, S, T,
                U and V.
All the Cats: Come on!Get rid of those spots!
                Get rid of the mess!
Narrator: And they jumped at the snow
                With long rakes and red bats.
                They put it in pails
                And they made high pink hills!
                Pink snow men! Pink snow balls!
                And little pink pills!
                Oh, the things that they did!
                And they did them so hard,
                It was all one big spot now
                All over the yard!
                But the Big Cat stood there
                And he said,
Big Cat: This is good.
            This is what they should do
            And I knew that they would.
            With a little more help
            All the work will be done.
            They need one more cat.
            And I know just the one.
         Look close! In my hand
         I have Little Cat V.
         On his head are Cats W,
         X, Y and Z.
         Z is too small to see.
         So don’t try.You can not.
         But Z is the cat
         Who will clean up the spot!
Narrator: Then the Voom…
             It went VOOM!
             And, oh boy!What a VOOM!
             Now don’t ask me what Voom is.
            I never will know.
            But, boy! Let me tell you
            It DOES clean up snow!
The Cat: (laughing) So you see!
            Now your snow is all white!
            Now your work is all done!
            Now your house is all right!
            And you know where my little cats are?
            That Voom blew my little cats
            Back in my hat.
         And so, if you ever
         Have spots, now and then,
         I will be happy
         To come here again…
         With Little Cats A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, and O, P,
         Q, R, S, T,
         And Little Cats W, X, Y and Z.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:48:00

winnie the witch--winnie's new computer

Winnie the witch had a new computer.

She was very excited.

Her cat, Wilbur, was excited too.

He thought something interesting might happen.

And he didn’t want to miss it.

Winnie plugged in the computer, turned it on, and clicked the mouse.

“Come on, mouse,” she said.

“Is that a mouse?” thought Wilbur.

It doesn’t look like one.

Winnie went on to the internet.

Wilbur wanted a closer look at the mouse.

He patted it.

“Don’t touch the mouse, Wilbur,” said Winnie,

“I want to order a new wand.”

Wilbur patted the mouse again.
Pat, pat.

Winnie was cross.

She put Wilbur outside.

She didn’t notice it was raining.

Wilbur noticed it was raining.

He was getting wet.

He watched Winnie through the window.

She was having a good time.

She ordered her new wand.

Then she visited some websites for witches.

They had some very funny jokes.

“Hahaha,” laughed Winnie.

Wilbur wasn’t laughing.

The rain was dripping off his whiskers.

“Meow,” he cried, “Meow.”

But Winnie didn’t hear him.

“That mouse has put a spell on her,” thought Wilbur.

PLOP, PLOP, PLOP.

“What’s that noise?” asked Winnie.

It was the rain.

It was coming through the roof.

“Oh, no!” said Winnie,

“The rain will ruin my new computer.

I need the roof repair spell.”

But she couldn’t find her book of spells or her magic wand anywhere.

“Oh, where are they?” she cried as the rain plopped down.

At last she found them.

She waved her wand seven times at the roof and shouted,

“ABRACADABRA!”

The roof stopped leaking.

“Thank goodness,” Winnie said.

Then she had a wonderful idea.

“If I scan all my spell things into computer,” she said,

“I won’t need my book of spells any more.

I won’t need to wave my magic wand.

I just use the computer.

One click will do the trick.”

So Winnie loaded all her spells into the new computer.

“I’d better try it out,” she said, “What shall I do?”
That night, Wilbur waited until he could hear Winnie snoring.
Then he crept downstairs.
He was going to see about that mouse.
He patted it.
Nothing happened.
“Meow, Grrr,” he snarled.
He grabbed the mouse, tossed it into the air, and rolled onto his back.
ZAP!The computer came on.
ZAP!Wilbur turned bright blue.
Winnie had a lovely sleep.
In the morning she came downstairs for her breakfast.
“Breakfast, Wilbur,” she called.
“Where are you, Wilbur?”
She looked in the garden, in the bathroom, in all the cupboards.
No Wilbur.
Then she looked in the computer room.
“Oh, no!” cried Winnie, “Wilbur, where are you?And where is the computer?”
She reached into the cupboard for her book of spells.
She put her hand in her pocket for her magic wand.
Then she remembered.
She ran to the window.
The dustman was tipping her rubbish into his truck.
“Stop!” shouted Winnie, “Stop, stop!”
But it was too late.
The dustman couldn’t hear her.
He jumped into his truck and drove away.
“What shall I do?” cried Winnie.
Then another truck came through the gate.
“My new wand,” said Winnie, “It’s arrived.Thank goodness.”
She grabbed the new wand, waved it once and shouted,
“ABRACADABRA!”
The book of spells flew out of the rubbish truck, up into the air, and dropped into her arms.
Winnie rushed inside, and looked up the spell to make things back.
Then she shut her eyes, waved her wand four times, and shouted,
“ABRACADABRA!”
The computer and Wilbur came back.
“Oh, Wilbur,” said Winnie, “You’re bright blue.
Whatever happened?Never mind, I’ll change you back to black again.”
She went to the computer, and clicked the mouse.
Wilbur was a black cat again.
“Good,” said Winnie, “It still works.
But I think I’ll keep my book of spells and my magic wand.
I might need them one day.”“I know, I’ll turn Wilbur into a blue cat.”

She let Wilbur inside.

She went to the computer, clicked the mouse, and Wilbur was bright blue.

“Good,” said Winnie, “It works.”

She clicked the mouse, and Wilbur was a black cat again, an angry wet black cat.

“Well, Wilbur,” said Winnie, “I won’t need my book of spells or my magic wand any more.”

And she put them out for the dustman to take away.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-8 16:48:43

《穿雨靴的小鹅》系列
Ollie
This is Ollie.
Ollie is waiting.
He won't come out.
Gossie and Gertie have been waiting for weeks for Ollie to come out.
"I won't come out,"says Ollie.
He rolls to the left.
He rolls to the right.
He stands on his head.
He hides in the straw.He won't come out.
Gossie pokes Ollie with her bill.
Gertie listens to Ollie with her ear.
"I won't come out!"says Ollie.
He holds his breath.
He rolls out of the nest.
He rolls over the stones.
He rools under the sheep.He won't come out.
Gossie runs after Ollie.
Gertie runs after Ollie.
"I won't come out!"says Ollie.
Gossie and Gertie sit on top of Ollie.
"Don't come out,"says Gossie.
"Don't come out,"says Gertie.
Ollie waits.
Then he begins cracking!
"I'm Out"he says.

smhily1016 发表于 2012-2-9 10:46:42

楼主真厉害,请教下你都是从哪弄的这么多的英文呢,呵呵,500本,你不会都买了吧。或者你是在图书馆工作,{:soso_e113:}

小不点波波妈 发表于 2012-2-10 01:07:47