melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:33:38

The Three Little Pigs

There was once a family of pigs. The mother pig was very poor, and so she sent her three little pigs out to seek their fortunes. The first that went off met a man with a bundle of straw, and said to him:

“Please, man, give me that straw to build me a house.”

Which the man did, and the little pig built a house with it. Presently came along a wolf, and knocked at the door, and said:

“Little pig, little pig, let me come in.”

To which the pig answered:

“No, no, by the hair of my chiny chin chin.”

The wolf then answered to that:

“Then I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow your house in.”

So he huffed, and he puffed, and he blew his house in, and ate up the little pig.

The second little pig met a man with a bundle of furze, and said:

“Please, man, give me that furze to build a house.”

Which the man did, and the pig built his house. Then along came the wolf, and said:

“Then I’ll puff, and I’ll huff, and I’ll blow your house in.”

So he huffed, and he puffed, and he puffed, and he huffed, and at last he blew the house down, and he ate up the little pig.

The third little pig met a man with a load of bricks, and said:

“Please, man, give me those bricks to build a house with.”

So the man gave him the bricks, and he built his house with them. So the wolf came, as he did to the other little pigs, and said:

“Then I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll blow your house in.”

Well, he huffed, and he puffed, and he huffed and he puffed, and he puffed and huffed; but he could not get the house down. When he found that he could not, with all his huffing and puffing, blow the house down, he said:

“Little pig, I know where there is a nice field of turnips.”

“Where?” said the little pig.

“Oh, in Mr. Smith’s Home-field, and if you will be ready tomorrow morning I will call for you, and we will go together, and get some for dinner.”

“Very well,” said the little pig, “I will be ready. What time do you mean to go?”

“Oh, at six o’clock.”

Well, the little pig got up at five, and got the turnips before the wolf came (which he did about six) and who said:

“Little Pig, are you ready?”

The little pig said: “Ready! I have been and come back again, and got a nice potful for dinner.”

The wolf felt very angry at this, but thought that he would be up to the little pig somehow or other, so he said:

“Little pig, I know where there is a nice apple-tree.”

“Where?” said the pig.

“Down at Merry-garden,” replied the wolf, “and if you will not deceive me I will come for you, at five o’clock tomorrow and get some apples.”

Well, the little pig bustled up the next morning at four o’clock, and went off for the apples, hoping to get back before the wolf came; but he had further to go, and had to climb the tree, so that just as he was coming down from it, he saw the wolf coming, which, as you may suppose, frightened him very much. When the wolf came up he said:

“Little pig, what! are you here before me? Are they nice apples?”

“Yes, very,” said the little pig. “I will throw you down one.”

And he threw it so far, that, while the wolf was gone to pick it up, the little pig jumped down and ran home. The next day the wolf came again, and said to the little pig:

“Little pig, there is a fair at Shanklin this afternoon, will you go?”

“Oh yes,” said the pig, “I will go; what time shall you be ready?”

“At three,” said the wolf. So the little pig went off before the time as usual, and got to the fair, and bought a butter-churn, which he was going home with, when he saw the wolf coming. Then he could not tell what to do. So he got into the churn to hide, and by so doing turned it round, and it rolled down the hill with the pig in it, which frightened the wolf so much, that he ran home without going to the fair. He went to the little pig’s house, and told him how frightened he had been by a great round thing which came down the hill past him. Then the little pig said:

“Hah, I frightened you, then. I had been to the fair and bought a butter-churn, and when I saw you, I got into it, and rolled down the hill.”

Then the wolf was very angry indeed, and declared he would eat up the little pig, and that he would get down the chimney after him. When the little pig saw what he was about, he hung on the pot full of water, and made up a blazing fire, and, just as the wolf was coming down, took off the cover, and in fell the wolf; so the little pig put on the cover again in an instant, boiled him up, and ate him for supper, and lived happy ever afterwards.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:33:58

The Town Musicians of Breman

A certain man had a donkey, which had carried the corn-sacks to the mill loyally for many a long year; but his strength was going, and he was growing more and more unfit for work. Then his master began to wonder if it was worth his while keeping this old donkey much longer.

The donkey, seeing that no good wind was blowing, ran away and set out on the road to Bremen. “There,” he thought, “I can surely be town-musician.”

When he had walked some distance, he found a dog lying on the road, gasping like one who had run till he was tired. “What are you gasping so for, you big fellow?” asked the donkey.

“Ah,” replied the dog, “as I am old, and daily grow weaker, and no longer can hunt, my master wanted to kill me, so I ran away, but now how am I to earn my bread?”

“I tell you what,” said the donkey, “I am going to Bremen, and shall be a town-musician there; go with me and work also as a musician. I will play the lute, and you shall beat the kettledrum.”

The dog agreed, and on they went. Before long they came to a cat, sitting on the path, with a face like three rainy days! “Now then, old fluff and claws, what gone all wrong with you?” asked the donkey.

“Who can be merry when his neck is in danger?” answered the cat. “Because I am now getting old, and my teeth are worn to stumps, and I prefer to sit by the fire and spin, rather than hunt about after mice, my mistress wanted to drown me, so I ran away. But now good advice is scarce. Where am I to go?”

“Go with us to Bremen. You understand night-music, you can be a town-musician.”

The cat thought well of it, and went with them. After this the three runaways came to a farm-yard, where the cockerel was sitting upon the gate, cock-a-doodle-doing with all his might. “Your cock-a-doodle-do goes through and through my skull” said the donkey. “What is the matter?”

` Guests are coming for Sunday and the housewife has no pity,’ said the cockerel, ‘ And has told the cook that she intends to eat me in the soup to-morrow, and this evening I am to have my head cut off. Now I am cock-a-doodle-doing at full pitch while I can.”

“Ah you red-headed bird” said the donkey, “you had better come away with us. We are going to Bremen; you can find something better than death everywhere: you have a good voice, and if we make music together it must have some quality!”

The cockerel agreed to this plan, and all four went on together. They could not, however, reach the city of Bremen in one day, and in the evening they came to a forest where they meant to pass the night. The donkey and the dog laid themselves down under a large tree, the cat and the cockerel settled themselves in the branches; but the cockerel flew right to the top, where he was most safe. Before he went to sleep, he called out to his companions that there must be a house not far off, for he saw a light. The donkey said, “If so, we had better get up and go on, for the shelter here is bad.” The dog thought that a few bones with some meat on would do him good too!

So they moved further on, and soon saw the light shine brighter and grow larger, until they came to a well-lit robber’s house. The donkey, as the biggest, went to the window and looked in. “What do you see, my grey-horse?” asked the cockerel. “What do I see?” answered the donkey; “a table covered with good things to eat and drink, and robbers sitting at it enjoying themselves.” “That would be the sort of thing for us,” said the cockerel. “Yes, yes; ah, how I wish we were there!” said the donkey.

Then the animals put their heads together and schemed how to best win an invitation to come inside and join the robbers at the table.

“Come, come my friends,,” said the donkey, “We are musicians, so let us sing for our supper.”

And so they began to perform their music together: the donkey brayed, the dog barked, the cat mewed, and the cockerel cock-a-doodle-doed; then they burst through the window into the room, so that the glass clattered! At this horrible din, the robbers sprang up, thinking no otherwise than that a ghost had come in, and fled in a great fright out into the forest. The four companions now sat down at the table, well content with what was left, and ate as if they were going to fast for a month.

As soon as the four musicians had done, they put out the light, and each found a sleeping-place according to his nature and to what suited him. The donkey laid himself down upon some straw in the yard, the dog behind the door, the cat upon the hearth near the warm ashes, and the cockrel perched himself upon a beam of the roof; and being tired from their long walk, they soon went to sleep.

When it was past midnight, and the robbers saw from afar that the light was no longer burning in their house, and all appeared quiet, the captain said, “We ought not to have let ourselves be frightened out of our wits;” and ordered one of them to go and examine the house.

The messenger finding all still, went into the kitchen to light a candle, and, taking the glistening fiery eyes of the cat for burning coals, he held the candle to them to light it. But the cat did not understand what he meant to do, and flew in his face, spitting and scratching. He was dreadfully frightened, and ran to the back-door, but the dog, who lay there sprang up and bit his leg; and as he ran across the yard by the straw-heap, the donkey gave him a smart kick with its hind foot. The cockerel, too, who had been awakened by the noise, and had become lively, cried down from the beam, “cock-a-doodle-doo!”

Then the robber ran back as fast as he could to his captain, and said, “Ah, there is a horrible witch sitting in the house, who spat on me and scratched my face with her long claws; and by the door stands a man with a knife, who stabbed me in the leg; and in the yard there lies a black monster, who beat me with a wooden club; and above, upon the roof, sits the judge, who called out, `Bring the rogue here to me!’ so I got away as well as I could.”

After this the robbers did not trust themselves in the house again; but it suited the four musicians of Bremen so well that they did not care to leave it any more.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:34:23

Little Red Riding Hood

Once upon a time there lived in a certain village a little country girl, the prettiest creature who was ever seen. Her mother was excessively fond of her; and her grandmother doted on her still more. This good woman had a little red riding hood made for her. It suited the girl so extremely well that everybody called her Little Red Riding Hood.
One day her mother, having made some cakes, said to her, “Go, my dear, and see how your grandmother is doing, for I hear she has been very ill. Take her a cake, and this little pot of butter.”
The wolf, seeing her come in, said to her, hiding himself under the bedclothes, “Put the cake and the little pot of butter upon the stool, and come sit on the bed with me.”

Little Red Riding Hood sat on the bed. She was greatly amazed to see how her grandmother looked in her nightclothes, and said to her, “Grandmother, what big arms you have!”

“All the better to hug you with, my dear.”

“Grandmother, what big legs you have!”

“All the better to run with, my child.”

“Grandmother, what big ears you have!”

“All the better to hear with, my child.”

“Grandmother, what big eyes you have!”

“All the better to see with, my child.”

“Grandmother, what big teeth you have got!”

“All the better to eat you up with.”

And, saying these words, this wicked wolf fell upon Little Red Riding Hood, and ate her all up.

Little Red Riding Hood set out immediately to go to her grandmother, who lived in another village.

As she was going through the wood, she met with a wolf, who had a very great mind to eat her up, but he dared not, because of some woodcutters working nearby in the forest. He asked her where she was going. The poor child, who did not know that it was dangerous to stay and talk to a wolf, said to him, “I am going to see my grandmother and carry her a cake and a little pot of butter from my mother.”

“Does she live far off?” said the wolf

“Oh I say,” answered Little Red Riding Hood; “it is beyond that mill you see there, at the first house in the village.”

“Well,” said the wolf, “and I’ll go and see her too. I’ll go this way and go you that, and we shall see who will be there first.”

The wolf ran as fast as he could, taking the shortest path, and the little girl took a roundabout way, entertaining herself by gathering nuts, running after butterflies, and gathering bouquets of little flowers. It was not long before the wolf arrived at the old woman’s house. He knocked at the door: tap, tap.

“Who’s there?”

“Your grandchild, Little Red Riding Hood,” replied the wolf, counterfeiting her voice; “who has brought you a cake and a little pot of butter sent you by mother.”

The good grandmother, who was in bed, because she was somewhat ill, cried out, “Pull the string, and the latch will go up.”

The wolf pulled the string n, and the door opened, and then he immediately fell upon the good woman and ate her up in a moment, for it been more than three days since he had eaten. He then shut the door and got into the grandmother’s bed, expecting Little Red Riding Hood, who came some time afterwards and knocked at the door: tap, tap.

“Who’s there?”

Little Red Riding Hood, hearing the big voice of the wolf, was at first afraid; but believing her grandmother had a cold and was hoarse, answered, “It is your grandchild Little Red Riding Hood, who has brought you a cake and a little pot of butter mother sends you.”

The wolf cried out to her, softening his voice as much as he could, “Pull the string, and the latch will go up.”

Little Red Riding Hood pulled the string, and the door opened.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:35:11

Little Red Riding Hood

Once upon a time there lived in a certain village a little country girl, the prettiest creature who was ever seen. Her mother was excessively fond of her; and her grandmother doted on her still more. This good woman had a little red riding hood made for her. It suited the girl so extremely well that everybody called her Little Red Riding Hood.
One day her mother, having made some cakes, said to her, “Go, my dear, and see how your grandmother is doing, for I hear she has been very ill. Take her a cake, and this little pot of butter.”
The wolf, seeing her come in, said to her, hiding himself under the bedclothes, “Put the cake and the little pot of butter upon the stool, and come sit on the bed with me.”

Little Red Riding Hood sat on the bed. She was greatly amazed to see how her grandmother looked in her nightclothes, and said to her, “Grandmother, what big arms you have!”

“All the better to hug you with, my dear.”

“Grandmother, what big legs you have!”

“All the better to run with, my child.”

“Grandmother, what big ears you have!”

“All the better to hear with, my child.”

“Grandmother, what big eyes you have!”

“All the better to see with, my child.”

“Grandmother, what big teeth you have got!”

“All the better to eat you up with.”

And, saying these words, this wicked wolf fell upon Little Red Riding Hood, and ate her all up.

Little Red Riding Hood set out immediately to go to her grandmother, who lived in another village.

As she was going through the wood, she met with a wolf, who had a very great mind to eat her up, but he dared not, because of some woodcutters working nearby in the forest. He asked her where she was going. The poor child, who did not know that it was dangerous to stay and talk to a wolf, said to him, “I am going to see my grandmother and carry her a cake and a little pot of butter from my mother.”

“Does she live far off?” said the wolf

“Oh I say,” answered Little Red Riding Hood; “it is beyond that mill you see there, at the first house in the village.”

“Well,” said the wolf, “and I’ll go and see her too. I’ll go this way and go you that, and we shall see who will be there first.”

The wolf ran as fast as he could, taking the shortest path, and the little girl took a roundabout way, entertaining herself by gathering nuts, running after butterflies, and gathering bouquets of little flowers. It was not long before the wolf arrived at the old woman’s house. He knocked at the door: tap, tap.

“Who’s there?”

“Your grandchild, Little Red Riding Hood,” replied the wolf, counterfeiting her voice; “who has brought you a cake and a little pot of butter sent you by mother.”

The good grandmother, who was in bed, because she was somewhat ill, cried out, “Pull the string, and the latch will go up.”

The wolf pulled the string n, and the door opened, and then he immediately fell upon the good woman and ate her up in a moment, for it been more than three days since he had eaten. He then shut the door and got into the grandmother’s bed, expecting Little Red Riding Hood, who came some time afterwards and knocked at the door: tap, tap.

“Who’s there?”

Little Red Riding Hood, hearing the big voice of the wolf, was at first afraid; but believing her grandmother had a cold and was hoarse, answered, “It is your grandchild Little Red Riding Hood, who has brought you a cake and a little pot of butter mother sends you.”

The wolf cried out to her, softening his voice as much as he could, “Pull the string, and the latch will go up.”

Little Red Riding Hood pulled the string, and the door opened.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:35:43

Freight Train by Donald Crews
A train runs across this track.
Red caboose at the back
Orange tank car next
Yellow hopper car
Green cattle car
Blue gondola car
Purple box car
A black tender and
A black steam engine.
Freight train.
Moving
Going through tunnel
Going by cities
Crossing trestles.
Moving in darkness.
Moving in daylight .
Going , going
Gone.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:36:10

I Love You with All MY Heart

One brisk morning, Polo ambled down to the shore to fish. While he was in the water his friend Walter came along.
"Polo, the water is cold. Be careful not to get sick or you will worry your mother who loves you with all her heart." Walter said.
Polo was curious. What did Walter mean?
"How can my mother love me with all her heart?" Polo wondered.
He decided to find out.
He splashed out of his fishing hole and headed home.
On his way, Polo met his fried Pinpin.
"Pinpin, how does your mother love you?" asked Polo.
Pinpin thought for a moment.
"My mother loves me with all her wings," he said. Then he picked up a snowball and cuddled it under his wings, "Like this!" he said.
"Hmm," thought Polo, "My mother doesn't love me with wings." So Polo continued on his way. Soon he met Felix.
"Felix, how does your mother love you?" asked Polo.
"She loves me with all her flippers." Felix replied.
Felix picked up Pinpin and gave him a big flippery squeeze."Hmm," thought Polo. "My mother doesn't love me with flippers." So Polo continued on his way. Soon Jessie bounded up. "Jessie," Polo asked, "How does your mother love you?"
Jessie was surprised. "What a funny question. My mother loves me with all her teeth." replied Jessie.
Then he gave Polo a playful nibble.
Polo giggled, "My mother doesn't love me with teeth."
So Pinpin, Felix, and Jessie all set out to find Polo's mother.
When Polo saw his mother, he crawled on her back and snuggled against her warm fur.
"Your fur is soft," he said to his mother. "Does that mean that you love me with all your fur?"
"Yes, I love you with all my fur," she replied. "But that's not all."
"I love you with my eyes that shine when I see you."
"I love you with my nose because you smell so sweet. I love you with my mouth when I kiss kiss kiss you."
"I love you with my paws when I tickle you and lift you in the air above me.
I love you with my back when you ride upon it. And, I love you with my belly when you hug me tight."
"Polo, I love you with all my heart." she said.
Polo gave his mother a big hug. It had been a long day, and he was ready to crawl into bed.
"You know, I love you with all my heart, too." said Polo. And he curled up to his mother and fell fast asleep.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:36:53

Mummy Laid an Egg

"Right," said mum and dad.
"We think it's time we told you how babies are made."

"OK," we said.

"Girl babies are made from sugar and spice and all things nice," said mum.

"Boy babies are made from slugs and snails and puppy dogs' tails," said dad.
"Sometimes you just find them under stones," said dad.

"You can grow them from seeds in pots in the greenhouse," said mum.

"Or just squidge them out of tubes."
"Some babies are delivered by dinosaurs."

"You can make them out of gingerbread," said mum.

"Mummy laid an egg on the safa," said dad.
"It...

...exploded.
And you shot out."

"Hee hee hee, ha ha ha, hoo hoo hoo. What a load of rubbish," we laughed.
"But you were nearly right about the SEEDs, the TUBE and the EGG."

"We don't think you know how babies are really made. So we're doing some drawings to show you."

"Mummy does have eggs. They are inside her tummy."
"And daddy has seeds in seed pods outside his bady."

"Daddy also has a tube. The seeds from the pods come out of it."
"The tube goes into mummy's tummy through a little hole. Then the seeeds swim inside using their tails."

"Here are some ways mummies and daddies fit together."

"When the seeds are inside mummy's tummy they start The Great Egg Race."
"The winner gets the egg and it starts to grow into a very small baby."

"the baby gets bigger and Bigger and BIGGER. Mummy gets fatter and Fatter and FATTER."

"When it's ready, out pops the baby."
"So now YOU know...

...and so does everyone else!"

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:37:22

Tadpole's Promise

Where the willow meets the water a tadpole met a caterpillar.
They gazed into each other's tiny eyes...
...and fell in love.
She was his beautiful rainbow, and he was her shiny black pearl. "I love everything about you," said the tadpole.

"I love everything about you," said the caterpillar.
"Promise you'll never change."
"I promise," he said.

But as sure as the weather changes, the tadpole could not keep his promise.
Next time they met, he had grown two legs.
"You've broken your promise," said the caterpillar.
"Forgive me," begged the tadpole.
"I couldn't help it. I don't want these legs...All I want is my beautiful rainbow."

"All I want is my shiny black pearl. Promise me you'll never change," said the caterpillar.
"I promise," he said.
But as sure as the seasons change, the next time they met - he had grown arms.

"That's twice you've broken your promise," cried the caterpillar.
"Forgive me," begged the tadpole. "I could not help it. I do not want these arms...
All I want is my beautiful rainbow."

"And all I want is my shiny black pearl. I will give you one last chance," said the caterpillar.
But as surely as the world changes, the tadpole could not keep his promise. The next time they met - he had no tail.

"You have broken your promise three times, and now you have broken my heart," said the caterpillar.
"But you are my beautiful rainbow," said the tadpole.

"Yes, but you are not my shiny black pearl. Goodbye."
She crawled up the willow branch, and cried herself to sleep.

One warm moonlit night, she woke up.
The sky had changed,
The trees had changed.
Everything had changed...
...except for her love for the tadpole.
Ever though he'd broken his promise, she decided to forgive him.

She dried her wings and fluttered down to look for him.
Where the willow meets the water, a frog was sitting on a lily pad.

"Excuse me," she said.
"Have you seen my shiny black..."

But faster than she could say 'pearl,' the frog leapt up and swallowed her,

in one great gulp.

And there he waits...

...thinking fondly of his beautiful rainbow...

...wondering where she went.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:37:38

Five Little Monkeys Play hide-and-seek

Five Little Monkeys Play hide-and-seek
The five little monkeys are ready for bed. Their mama’s going dancing. She’s dressed in a bright red.
“Lulu’s the sitter. You’d better be good. No tricks! No silliness!” Is that understood?”
We’ll be good! Shout the monkeys. We’ll play hide and seek!
Hey , lulu, you’re it! And you’d better not peek!
Just one game, says Lulu.Then it’s right off to the bed.
Your bedtime is at eight. That’s what your mama said.
Ready or not here I come!Lulu stops counting.
Where are those monkeys?Where did they go?
Where are they hiding?I really don’t know!
But wait!...I see some fingers.I see some toes.
I see some eyes.I see a nose.
No fair, shout the monkeys.You found us too fast!
Let’s play another game.And this will be the last.
Hold on! Says Lulu.It’s past time for bed.No tricks! No silliness.
That’s what your mama said.
Please ,said the monkeys, just one gamemore,,
And this time you can count to at least24..
Ok .sighs lulu ,she’s counting to four,
The five little monkeys sneaking right our from door.
Where are those monkeys?Where did they go?
Where are they hiding?I really don’t know!
But wait!...I see some fingers.I see some toes.
I see some eyes.I see a nose.
No fair, shout the monkeys.You found us too fast!
Let’s play another game.And this will be the last.
Hold on! Says Lulu.It’s past time for bed.No tricks! No silliness.
That’s what your mama said.
But the monkeys convinced her,She’ll play one game more.
And lulu has to count to 100 and 4.
Quick, said the monkeys ,we have to hide,
In a place she won’t think of ,somewhere inside,
Let’s hide in the closet ,No ,behind the chair,
No .under the table She will find there..
Wait ,said one monkey,
She run to the corridor,
I know a place ,She won’t think it all
Ready or not here I come!Lulu stops counting.
She looks all around.Where are those monkeys?
There isn’t a sound!
She looked behind the bushes,She searches the tree,
She opens the closet,Where can they be?
under the table behind the chair,
five little monkeys ,aren’t anywhere,
come on ,you monkeys,it’s pass time for bed,
no tricks ,no silliness..that’s what your mama said.
Lulu is worried, Where can they be?
If they will not go to bed,And their mother will blame me,
Then in came mama : how do the children behave?
They are gone , Lulu said ,she tried to be brave,
Gone ,said mama, she scratched her head,
I peeked through the window and found they are in bed
We fooled you! Shout the monkeys. Now , let’s play again.
Lulu, you hide. And we’ll count to ten.
No way ! says Lulu.You’ve got to go to sleep .
But if you want to count. I’ll help you count…Sheep
And so they start counting. They’re up to thirty four.
When those five little monkeys all start to snore.
Melanie Zeng 录入

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:39:00

Five little Monkey with Nothing to do
It’s summer . There is no school, Five little monkeys tell their mama.
We’re bored. There is nothing to do !”
"Oh yes, there is," says Mama. "Grandma Bessie is coming for lunch, and the house must be neat and clean."
“so… you can pick up your room.”
Five little monkeys pick up and pick up and pick up…
Until everything is put away.
Good job! Says Mama.
But we’re bored again, says five little monkeys.
There is nothing to do !”
"Oh yes, there is," says Mama.
You can scrub the bathroom. The house must be neat and clean for Grandma Bessie.
So five little monkeys scrub and scrub and scrub until the bathroom shines.
Five little monkeys beat and beat and beat the rugs until there is not a speck of dirt left.
Five little monkeys run down to the muddy, muddy swamp.
They pick and pick and pick berries until Mama calls, “it’s time to come home!”
, and pick berries for dessert. But then . . . Children will welcome the return of the five little monkeys, who make the same kinds of messes they do.  
They hug and kiss Gramda Bessie. We’ve been busy all day! They say.
We cleaned the house and picked berries just for you.
I love berries, says grandma Bessie.
And I love a clean house, too. They all go inside.
Oh my, says grandma Bessie.
Oh dear !,says Mama.
Oh no, says five little monkeys.
Who messed up our nice , clean house?
I can’t imagine, says mama.
But whoever did has plenty to do !”
Melanie Zeng 录入

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:39:24

是谁嗯嗯在我的头上的英文版

the Story of the Little Mole Who went in Search of Who dunit
as quick as a flash little Mole, climbed on top of Henry;s doghouse.
(Pling!- a little brown crescent landed slap-dab in the middle of Henry’s forehead.)
The deed done, a happy and satisfied Little Mole disappeared back into his mole hole.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:39:51

Five little ducks

Five little ducks went out one day (to play)
Over the hills and far away
Mother duck said
"Quack, quack, quack, quack."
But only four little ducks came back.

Four little ducks went out one day (to play)
Mother duck said
But only three little ducks came back.

Three little ducks went out one day (to play)
Mother duck said
But only two little ducks came back.

Two little ducks went out one day (to play)
Mother duck said
But only one little duck came back.

One little duck went out one day (to play)
Mother duck said
But none of those little ducks came back.

Mother duck she went out one day
Mother duck said
And all of those little ducks came back.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:40:17

Five Little Monkeys Bake a Birthday Cake

Five Little Monkeys Bake a Birthday Cake
Five Little Monkeys wake up with the sun. Today is Mama’s birthday!
Five Little Monkeys tiptoe past Mama sleeping.
Let’s bake a birthday cake!
One little monkey reads the recipe.
Two cups of flour. Three teaspoons of baking power
Sift everything together. But don’t sneeze! You’ll wake up Mama!

Five Little Monkeys, two firemen, and Mama think the birthday cake is delicious.
One little monkey whispers, we can back another cake tomorrow.
Another little monkey says, “Sh-h-h! Don’t tell Mama! ”

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:40:40

When I was Young in the Mountains 山中记事

When I was Young in the Mountains
By Cynthia Rylant
Illustrated by Diane Goode

When I was young in the mountains, Grandfather came home in the evening covered with the black dust of a coal mine. Only his lips were clean, and he used them to kiss the top of my head.
小时候住在山里,祖父每天晚上回到家,浑身都落满了黑煤灰,只有嘴唇是干净的。他就用它们在我的头上亲一下。

When I was young in the mountains, Grandmother spread the table with hot corn bread, pinto beans and fried okra.
小时候住在山里,祖母会为我们张罗一桌子好吃的,有热乎乎的玉米面包、油煎秋葵和斑豆。

Later, in the middle of the night, she walked through the grass with me to johnny-house and held my hand in the dark. I promise never to eat more than one serving of okra again.
后来,半夜的时候,祖母牵着我的手,带我穿过草地到户外厕所。我保证我以后最多就只吃一份秋葵。

When I was young in the mountains, we walked across the cow pasture and through the woods, carried our towels. The swimming hole was dark and muddy, and we sometimes saw snakes, but we jumped in anyway.
小时候住在山里,我们挎着毛巾,越过牧场,穿过森林,来到游泳洞。游泳洞又暗又滑。有时候还会有蛇出没,但我们还是义无返顾地跳入水中。

On our way home, we stopped at Mr. Crawford’s for a mound of white butter. Mr. Crawford and Mrs. Crawford looked alike and always smelled of sweet milk.
回家的路上,路过在克劳福德的店铺,我们就停下来买一大堆的白色奶油。克劳福德先生和克劳福德太太长得真像,而且在他们身上总能闻到一股甜甜的牛奶香味。   

When I was young in the mountains, we pumped pails of water from the well at the bottom of the hill, and heated the water to fill round tin tubs for our baths.
小时候住在山里,我们从山顶的水井里抽起一桶桶水,然后把水加热,倒入圆形的锡制澡盆里,这样就可以舒舒服服地洗个澡了。

Afterwards, we stood in front of the old black stove, shivering and giggling, while Grandmother heated cocoa on top.
洗完后,我们就站在早已被熏黑的火炉前取暖,虽然冷得直打哆嗦,可还是一个劲地咯咯笑。祖母站在一旁,在炉子上煮可可豆。

When I was young in the mountains, we went to church in the schoolhouse on Sundays, and sometimes walked with the congregation through the cow pasture to the dark swimming pole, for baptisms.
小时候住在山里,每周日我们都会到校舍做礼拜。有时候会跟着会众穿过牧场到那黑乎乎的游泳洞去,观看洗礼。   

My cousin Peter was laid back into the water, and his white shirt stuck to him, and my Grandmother cried.
人们将表弟彼特背靠后放入水中。他的白衬衫紧贴在身上。祖母哭了。   

When I was young in the mountains, we listened to frogs sing at dusk and awoke to cowbells outside our windows. Sometimes a black snake came in the yard, and my Grandmother would threaten it with a hoe.
小时候住在山里,我们听青蛙在薄暮中呱呱叫,听牛铃在窗外叮当响。有时还会有黑蛇溜进小院里,祖母就会拿锄子把它吓跑。

If it did not leave, she used the hoe to kill it. Four of us once draped a very long snake, dead of course, across our necks for a photograph.
如果它执意不走的话,祖母就不得不用锄子把它打死了。我们四个小孩儿有次就把一条很长的蛇,当然是死的,绕在脖子上,拍了张照片。   

When I was young in the mountains, we sat on the porch swing in the evenings, and Grandfather sharpened my pencils with his pocketknife. Grandmother sometimes shelled beans and sometimes braided my hairs. The dogs lay around us, and the stars sparkled in the sky. A bobwhite whistled in the forest.
Bob-bob-bobwhite!
小时候住在山里,晚上我们坐在门廊的秋千上。祖父用他的小折刀帮我削铅笔。祖母有时候剥豆荚,有时候给我编麻花辫。小狗趴在我们身边,星星在天上闪耀,鹑在森林里鸣叫。

When I was young in the mountains, I never wanted to go to the ocean, and I never wanted to go to the desert. I never wanted to go anywhere else in the world, for I was in the mountains. And that was always enough.
小时候住在山里,我没憧憬过大海,也没向往过沙漠。我从没想过到世界的任何其他地方去,因为我住在山里,一切都已足矣。

smhily1016 发表于 2012-2-9 10:40:51

看着都累,楼主真是辛苦了

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:41:01

If kisses were colors ...

If kisses were colors ...

written by Janet Lawlerillustrated by Alison Jay

If kisses were colors, you'd see every one of the bands of a rainbow that shines in the sun.

If kisses were pebbles, your beach would be lined with stones by the millions, of all shapes and kinds.

If kisses were comets, the sky would be bright with flashes of fire that streak through the night.

If kisses were flowers, you'd have huge bouquets of roses and daisies picked fresh every day.

If kisses were raindrops, a sea would appear, created by showers that fall far and near.

If kisses were acorns, a forest would grow of beautiful oak trees, in row after row.

If kisses were snowflakes, your world would be light, sparkling with crystals of silver and white.

If kisses were blankets, you'd always be warm, wrapped up from the cold during winter's worst storm.

My kisses are colors, and raindrops that flow, and pebbles, and acorns, and comets that glow, and flowers, and snowflakes that fall from above; they're my way, sweet baby, to give you my love.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:41:35

Because I love you so much

Because I love you so much
西纳顿p.6
Oh yes, Snowy was very smart.
He knew where the yummy fishes hid,
and how to catch them.

p.8
He knew how a snowflake tasted,
before melting on his tongue.
p.10
He knew how the wind could bite and stroke
(or was it mommy’s fondling smell?).
p.12
He knew how to climb an iceberg.
And he knew how to slide it down safely.
p.14
He knew that ice could crack
till it split and cut him off from mommy.
p.16
He knew the sun shone during daytime
and the moon took over all night long.
p.19
All these things (anda lot more, of course),
Snowy knew…
but there were some teeny-weeny mere trifles
he couldn’t understand that well…
p.20
‘Where does snow come from, mommy?’
’See, Snowy,’ mommy started,’ very far from here the sun warms up the sea.
Quite a lot of droplets float by that warmth and gather in a cloud.
The wind blows that cloud all the way over here.
And here the cloud shivers with cold.
If the cloud shakes, it is snowing!’
(That’s why Snowy understood why a snowflake tasted that lovely: he smelled the sea in it.)

p.22

‘But why is the snow white and
not blue like the sea?’
That was a difficult one.
‘Hmm…’ mommy answered,
(Mommy doesn’t always know all the answers),
’snow is always white,
like polar bears are always white.’
p.24
And why are polar bears always white?’
Snowy wanted to know.

‘Because white is the most beautiful and sweetest, bearest colour for a polar bear,’
mommy said.

p.26
‘And if I were yellow,’ Snowy asked,
‘would you still think me sweet and dear?’
‘Of course,’ mommy said.

‘And if I were red or green,
or blue all over?
Would you still…?’
‘Sure I would,’ mommy smiled.
‘Why?’ Snowy asked.

p.28-29

‘Because I love you so much,’ mommy said.
But that, Snowy already knew.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:41:59

Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale 古纳什小兔

KNUFFLE BUNNY
A CAUTIONARY TALE BY MO WILLEMS
Not so long ago, before she
could even speak words,
Trixie went on an errand
with her daddy....
Trixie and her daddy went down the block,
through the park,
past the school,
and into the Laundromat.
Trixie helped her daddy put the laundry into the machine.
She even got to
put the money
into the machine.
Then they left.
But a block or so later...
Trixie realized
something.
Trixie turned to her daddy and said,
Aggle flaggle Klabble!
"That's right,"
replied her daddy.
"We're going home."
AGGLE FLAGGLE KLABBLE!
said Trixie again.
Blaggle plabble!
Wumby flappy?! Snurp.
"Now, please don't get fussy."
said her daddy.
Well, she had no choice...
Trixie bawled. WAAAA!
She went boneless.
She did everything she could to show how unhappy she was.
By the time they got
home, her daddy was unhappy, too.
As soon as Trixie's mommy opened the door, she asked,
Where's Knuffle Bunny?
The whole family ran down the block.
And they ran through the park.
They zoomed past the school,
and into the Laundromat.
Trixie's daddy looked for Knuffle Bunny.
And looked...
and looked...
and looked..
But Knuffle Bunny was nowhere to be found....
So Trixie's daddy
decided to look harder.
Until...
KNUFFLE BUNNY!!!
And those were the first words Trixie ever said.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:42:19

My Favorite Things 我最喜欢的东西

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.
Brown Paper packages tied up with strings,
There are a few of my favorite things.
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels,
Doorbell and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles,
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings, p
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes,
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,
Silver white winters that melt into springs,
When the dog bites ,when the bee stings ,when I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things And then I don't feel so bad.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:42:37

The trouble with Gran

The trouble with Gran
The trouble with Gran is...Secretly
She's an alien!
None of the other OAP's suspected a thing...
Until our teacher tried to organise   
an outing for them, to Wethorp, as our school project!   
"But we want to go somewhere hot and exciting!" said Gran.
"Sit down and be quiet!" snapped teacher
Wethorp was awful.
Gran started to play up!
We went to an Old Time Music Hall. ,;
Gran did not like the singing!
And there was a Glamorous Grandma Contest
Gran cheated of course!
She really livened up the funfair!
We were asked to leave the amusement arcade!
On the Lunar Landscape Tour Gran met some friends.
She took them to the tea rooms!
So we missed the bus home.
Teacher blamed Gran!
"We've had enough of this dump!" Said Gran.
"Fasten safety-belts!"
We zoomed towards Gran's planet...
and landed just in time for carnival!
Gran did the Limbo... Bai
...and climbed a bloomernut tree.
We were sad to leave, but Gran had to get home to feed the cat.   
We landed in the school playground with a bump!
Mum and Dad marched Gran away.
"You're too old for that sort of thing now."the said.
"That's what they think." muttered Gran. ;.
When she got home she opened her own travel agency.
...in Dad's garage!

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:43:42

THE MITTEN 一只手套

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.
Brown Paper packages tied up with strings,
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels,
Doorbell and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles,
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings, p
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes,
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,
Silver white winters that melt into springs,
When the dog bites ,when the bee stings ,when I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things And then I don't feel so bad.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:44:01

Oh,David

Oh,David
David’s Mommy always said…
Open up , Davey!
P.U.
Hold still!
Go to sleep, David!
Oh David I love you.

Typed by Melanie Zeng

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:44:39

The Gift of the Magi麦琪的礼物

The Gift of the Magi

ANNOUNCER: Now, the VOA Special English program, AMERICAN STORIES.
(MUSIC)
STORYTELLER: One dollar and eighty-seven cents. That was all. And sixty cents of it in the smallest pieces of money - pennies. Pennies saved one and two at a time by negotiating with the men at the market who sold vegetables and meat. Negotiating until one's face burned with the silent knowledge of being poor. Three times Della counted it. One dollar and eighty-seven cents. And the next day would be Christmas.
There was clearly nothing to do but sit down and cry. So Della cried. Which led to the thought that life is made up of little cries and smiles, with more little cries than smiles.
Della finished her crying and dried her face. She stood by the window and looked out unhappily at a gray cat walking along a gray fence in a gray back yard. Tomorrow would be Christmas Day, and she had only one dollar and eighty-seven cents to buy her husband Jim a gift. She had been saving every penny she could for months, with this result.
Jim earned twenty dollars a week, which does not go far. Expenses had been greater than she had expected. They always are. Many a happy hour she had spent planning to buy something nice for him. Something fine and rare -- something close to being worthy of the honor of belonging to Jim.
There was a tall glass mirror between the windows of the room.Suddenly Della turned from the window and stood before the glass mirror and looked at herself. Her eyes were shining, but her face had lost its color within twenty seconds. Quickly she pulled down her hair and let it fall to its full length.
Now, Mister and Missus James Dillingham Young had two possessions which they valued. One was Jim's gold time piece, the watch that had been his father's and his grandfather's. The other was Della's hair.
Had the Queen of Sheba lived in their building, Della would have let her hair hang out the window to dry just to reduce the value of the queen’s jewels.
So now Della's beautiful hair fell about her, shining like a brown waterfall. It reached below her knees and made itself almost like a covering for her. And then quickly she put it up again. She stood still while a few tears fell on the floor.
She put on her coat and her old brown hat. With a quick motion and brightness still in her eyes, she danced out the door and down the street.
Where she stopped the sign read: "Madame Sofronie. Hair Goods of All Kinds." Della ran up the steps to the shop, out of breath.
"Will you buy my hair?" asked Della.
"I buy hair," said Madame. "Take your hat off and let us have a look at it.”
Down came the beautiful brown waterfall of hair.
"Twenty dollars," said Madame, lifting the hair with an experienced hand.
"Give it to me quick," said Della.
(MUSIC)
The next two hours went by as if they had wings. Della looked in all the stores to choose a gift for Jim.
She found it at last. It surely had been made for Jim and no one else.It was a chain -- simple round rings of silver. It was perfect for Jim’s gold watch.As soon as she saw it she knew that it must be for him. It was like him. Quiet and with great value. She gave the shopkeeper twenty-one dollars and she hurried home with the eighty-seven cents that was left.
When Della arrived home she began to repair what was left of her hair.The hair had been ruined by her love and her desire to give a special gift. Repairing the damage was a very big job.
Within forty minutes her head was covered with tiny round curls of hair that made her look wonderfully like a schoolboy. She looked at herself in the glass mirror long and carefully.
"If Jim does not kill me before he takes a second look at me," she said to herself, "he'll say I look like a song girl. But what could I do--oh! what could I do with a dollar and eighty-seven cents?"
At seven o'clock that night the coffee was made and the pan on the back of the stove was hot and ready to cook the meat.
Jim was never late coming home from work.Della held the silver chain in her hand and sat near the door. Then she heard his step and she turned white for just a minute. She had a way of saying a little silent prayer about the simplest everyday things, and now she whispered: "Please God, make him think I am still pretty."
(MUSIC)
The door opened and Jim stepped in. He looked thin and very serious. Poor man, he was only twenty-two and he had to care for a wife.He needed a new coat and gloves to keep his hands warm.
Jim stopped inside the door, as immovable as a dog smelling a bird. His eyes were fixed upon Della. There was an expression in them that she could not read, and it frightened her. It was not anger, nor surprise, nor fear, nor any of the feelings that she had been prepared for. He simply looked at her with a strange expression on his face. Della went to him.
"Jim, my love," she cried, "do not look at me that way. I had my hair cut and sold because I could not have lived through Christmas without giving you a gift. My hair will grow out again. I just had to do it.My hair grows very fast.Say ‘Merry Christmas!' Jim, and let us be happy. You do not know what a nice-- what a beautiful, nice gift I have for you."
"You have cut off your hair?" asked Jim, slowly, as if he had not accepted the information even after his mind worked very hard.
"Cut it off and sold it," said Della. "Do you not like me just as well? I am the same person without my hair, right?
Jim looked about the room as if he were looking for something.
"You say your hair is gone?" he asked.
"You need not look for it," said Della. "It is sold, I tell you--sold and gone, too. It is Christmas Eve, boy. Be good to me, for it was cut for you. Maybe the hairs of my head were numbered," she went on with sudden serious sweetness, "but nobody could ever count my love for you. Shall I put the meat on, Jim?"
Jim seemed to awaken quickly and put his arms around Della. Then he took a package from his coat and threw it on the table.
"Do not make any mistake about me, Dell," he said. "I do not think there is any haircut that could make me like my girl any less. But if you will open that package you may see why you had me frightened at first."
White fingers quickly tore at the string and paper. There was a scream of joy; and then, alas! a change to tears and cries, requiring the man of the house to use all his skill to calm his wife.
For there were the combs -- the special set of objects to hold her hair that Della had wanted ever since she saw them in a shop window. Beautiful combs, made of shells, with jewels at the edge --just the color to wear in the beautiful hair that was no longer hers. They cost a lot of money, she knew, and her heart had wanted them without ever hoping to have them. And now, the beautiful combs were hers, but the hair that should have touched them was gone.
But she held the combs to herself, and soon she was able to look up with a smile and say, "My hair grows so fast, Jim!"
Then Della jumped up like a little burned cat and cried, "Oh, oh!"
Jim had not yet seen his beautiful gift. She happily held it out to him in her open hands. The silver chain seemed so bright.
"Isn't it wonderful, Jim? I looked all over town to find it. You will have to look at the time a hundred times a day now. Give me your watch. I want to see how it looks on it."
Instead of obeying, Jim fell on the couch and put his hands under the back of his head and smiled.
"Dell," said he, "let us put our Christmas gifts away and keep them a while. They are too nice to use just right now. I sold my gold watch to get the money to buy the set of combs for your hair. And now, why not put the meat on."
(MUSIC)
The magi were wise men--wonderfully wise men--who brought gifts to the Baby Jesus. They invented the art of giving Christmas gifts. Being wise, their gifts were wise ones. And here I have told you the story of two young people who most unwisely gave for each other the greatest treasures of their house. But in a last word to the wise of these days, let it be said that of all who give gifts, these two were the wisest. Everywhere they are wisest. They are the magi.
(MUSIC)
ANNOUNCER:You have heard the American story “The Gift of the Magi.”This story was written by O. Henry and adapted into Special English by Karen Leggett. Your storyteller was Shep O’Neal.The producer was Lawan Davis.
Listen again next week at this time for another American story in VOA Special English. I’m Shirley Griffith.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:45:08

I will not ever never eat a tomatoe我从不吃番茄 查理和劳拉

I will not ever never eat a tomatoe
我绝对永远不吃番茄
I have this little sister, Lola.
我有一个小妹妹她叫萝拉
She is small and very funny.
她不但年纪小也非常有趣
Sometimes Mum and Dad ask me to help give Lola her dinner.
有时候,爸爸和妈妈要我准备晚餐给萝拉
This is a hard job because Lola is a very fussy eater.
这是项很难的工作,因为她非常挑食
I do not eat peas. Or carrots. Or potatoes. Or mushrooms. Or spaghetti. Or eggs. Or sausages.
我不吃豆子、胡萝卜、马铃薯、香菇、意大利面、蛋,还有香肠
I do not eat cauliflower. Or cabbage. Or baked beans. Or bananas. Or oranges.
我绝对不吃花椰菜、高丽菜、烤豆子、香蕉,还有橘子
And I am not keen on apples. Or rice. Or cheese. Or fish fingers.
还有我不太喜欢苹果、米饭、起司,炸鱼柳
And I will not ever NEVER eat a tomato!
还有…,我不…绝不…从不吃番茄
My sister hates tomatoes.
我妹妹讨厌吃番茄
So I say...
我对她说…
That’ s lucky, Lola, 'cause we' re not having any of those things.
太棒了,萝拉,因为我们不用吃这边任何一样东西。
We' re not going to eat any peas, or carrots, or potatoes, or mushrooms, or spaghetti, or eggs, or sausages.
我们不用吃豆子、胡萝卜、马铃薯、香菇,或是意大利面、蛋、香肠
There will be no cauliflower, or cabbage, or baked beans, bananas, or oranges.
也不用吃花椰菜、高丽菜或烤豆子、香蕉和橘子
We don't have any apples, or rice, or cheese, or fish fingers.
也不用吃苹果、米饭、起司和炸鱼柳
And no tomatoes?. Not ever?.
也没有番茄啰?我绝对不吃?
And certainly no tomatoes.
绝对没有番茄啰
But why are these carrots there, Charlie?.
但是查理,为什么这些胡萝卜会在这儿
Um, carrots are for rabbits.
胡萝卜是给兔子吃的
I don't ever eat carrots.
我从来不吃胡萝卜
One day I thought of a good trick to play on her.
所以有一天,我想到一个好方法来治她
"But, Lola, " I said,"those are not carrots. "
我说,“但是,萝拉,这些不是胡萝卜”
They' re not carrots, they' re orange twiglets from Jupiter.
它们是木星来的橘色蔬菜
They look just like carrots to me.
它们看起来就像胡萝卜
How can they be carrots?.
它们怎么可能是胡萝卜?
Carrots don't grow on Jupiter.
木星不长胡萝卜的
That's true.
那倒也是。
Well, as they are all the way from Jupiter.
好吧,既然它们是从木星来的
Mm, not bad.
还不赖嘛
Don't even think about giving me a pea.
别想叫我吃豆子
I don't ever eat peas.
我从来不吃豆子
Peas are too small and too green.
豆子太小又是绿的
But, Lola, those are not peas.
但是萝拉,这不是豆子喔
Of course they're not.
当然不是
Those are green drops from Greenland.
这些是格林兰岛来的绿色雨滴喔
Green drops!
绿色的雨滴
But I don't eat green things.
但是我不是绿色的东西
Goody. More for me, then.
太好了,那就多给我一些吧
Green drops!
绿色的雨滴
Hooray! Green drops! Yeah!
绿色的雨滴,好耶
Green drops are so incredibly rare.
绿色的雨滴是非常稀有的
Well, maybe I'll just nibble one or two.
也许我吃吃看一二个
- Says Lola.
萝拉说了
Quite tasty.
真好吃
- Charlie!
查理
Hooray, hooray!
好耶,太棒了
I will not eat potato so don't even try.
我不会吃马铃薯的,所以就别试了
Not even mash.
马铃薯泥也不吃
This isn 't mash.
这才不是马铃薯泥呢
This isn't mash.
这才不是马铃薯泥呢
This is cloud fluff from the pointiest peak of Mount Fuji.
这是富士山最顶端的云朵
Oh, well, in that case, a large helping for me.
好吧,这样就吸引我了
Mm. I love to eat cloud.
我好喜欢吃云哟
- Charlie!
查理
- Lola said.
萝拉说
They look like fish fingers to me
它们看起来像炸鱼柳
and I would never eat a fish finger.
我是绝对不吃炸鱼柳
So I said, "Fish fingers? They are not fish fingers. "
所以我说,“炸鱼柳?它们不是炸鱼柳”
Lola, they are not fish fingers.
萝拉,它们不是炸鱼柳喔
They are ocean nibbles from under the sea.
它们是海底里美味的食物
Mermaids always eat ocean nibbles.
这是美人鱼最喜欢吃的
I've been to this supermarket one time with Mum.
我跟妈妈去过一次这个超级市场
And I ALWAYS eat what mermaids eat.
我每次都吃美人鱼爱吃的东西
Mm. Yummy!
好好吃
Now, my tummy is so absolutely full of orange twiglets, green drops, cloud fluff, and ocean nibbles,
我的肚子已经被橘色蔬菜,好多的绿色雨滴,松松软软的云,还有海里的美食给塞满了
I can't eat another single thing.
我吃不下任何东西了
Not even a tomato?.
番茄呢?
I will not ever NEVER eat a tomato.
我从不 绝对永远不吃番茄
But will you pass me one of those, Charlie?.
查理,请你帮我拿那个
And I said...
然后我说
One of those?. But...but it' s a tomato.
那个?但是那时番茄耶
And she says...
然后她说
It is not a tomato.
这才不是番茄
It' s not a tomato, it' s a moon-squirter.
这不是番茄, 这是月亮的果汁
Moon-squirters are my favourite.
我最喜欢月亮果汁啰
You didn't think they were tomatoes, did you, Charlie?.
你该不会真的以为它们是番茄吧,查理?
Look.
你看…

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:45:45

《咕噜牛》
Gruffalo

A mouse took a stroll
through the deep dark wood.
A fox saw the mouse
And the mouse looked good.
“Where are you going to
Little brown mouse?
Come and have lunch
in my underground house.”

It’s terribly kind of you, Fox, but no-
I’m going to have lunch with a gruffalo.”
A gruffalo? What’s a graffalo?”
A gruffalo! Why, didn’t you know?”
“He has terrible tusks, and terrible claws,
And terrible teeth in his terrible jaws.”

“Where are you meeting him?”
“Here, by these rocks,
And his favorite food is roasted fox.”
“Roasted fox! I’m off!” Fox said.
“Goodbye, little mouse,” and away he sped.
“Silly old Fox! Doesn’t he know,
There’s no such thing as a gruffalo?”

On went the mouse
Through the deep dark wood.
An owl saw the mouse
“Where are you going to
Little brown mouse?
Come and have tea
in my treetop house.”

It’s frightfully kind of you, Owl, but no-
I’m going to have tea with a gruffalo.”
“A gruffalo? What’s a graffalo?”
“A gruffalo! Why, didn’t you know?”
“He has knobbly knees, and turned-out toes
And a poisonous wart at the end of his nose.”

“Here, by this stream,
And his favorite food
is owl ice cream.”
“Owl ice cream? Towwhict toowhoo!
Goodbye, little mouse,” and away Owl flew.
“Silly old Owl! Doesn’t he know.
There’s no such thing as a gruffalo?”

On went the mouse
Through the deep dark wood.
A snake saw the mouse
“where are you going to,
Little brown mouse?
Come for a feast
in my logpile house.”

It’s wonderfully good of you, Snake, but no-
I’m having a feast with a gruffalo.”
“A gruffalo? What’s a graffalo?”
“A gruffalo! Why, didn’t you know?”
“His eyes are orange, his tongue is black;
He has purple prickles all over his back.”

“Here, by this lake,
And his favorite food
Is scrambled snake.”

“Scrambled snake! It’s time I hid!
Goodbye, little mouse,” and away Snake slid.
“silly old Snake! Doesn’t he know,
There’s no such thing as gruffal…

…oh”
But who is this creature
With terrible claws
and terrible teeth in his terrible jaws?
He has knobbly knees and turned-out toes
And a poisonous wart
at the end of his nose.
His eyes are orange, his tongue is black;
He has purple prickles
All over his back.

“Oh help! Oh no!
It’s a gruffalo!”
“My favorite food!” the Gruffalo said.
You’ll taste good on a slice of bread!”
“Good?” said the mouse.
“Don’t call me good!
I’m the scariest creature in this wood.
Just walk behind me and soon you’ll see,
Everyone is afraid of me.”

“All right,” said the Gruffalo,
Bursting with laughter
“You go ahead and I’ll follow after.”
They walked and walked
Till the Gruffalo said,
“I hear a hiss in the leaves ahead.”

“It’s Snake,” said the mouse.
“Why, Snake, hello!”
Snake took one look at the Gruffalo.
“Oh crumbs!” he said. “Goodbye, little mouse,”
And off he slid to his logpile house.

“You see?” said the mouse. “I told you so.”
Amazing!” said the Gruffalo.

They walked some more
Till the Gruffalo said,
“I hear a hoot in the trees ahead.”
“It’s Owl,” said the mouse.
“Why, Owl, hello!”
Owl took one look at the Gruffalo
“Oh dear!” he said. “Goodbye, little mouse,”
And off he flew to his treetop house.

“You see?” said the mouse. “I told you so.”
Astounding!” said the Gruffalo.

They walked some more
Till the Gruffalo said,
“I can hear feet on the path ahead.”
“It’s Fox,” said the mouse.
“Why, Fox, hello!”
Fox took one look at the Gruffalo.
“Oh help!” he said. “Goodbye, little mouse,”
And off he ran to his underground house.
“Well, Gruffalo,” said the mouse. “You See?”
Everyone is afraid of me!
But now my tummy’s beginning to rumble.
My favorite food is _ gruffalo crumble!”
“Gruffalo crumble!” the Gruffalo said,
And quick as the wind he turned and fled.

All was quiet
In the deep dark wood.
The mouse found a nut and the nut was good.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:46:01

When the wind stops 风到哪里去了

When the wind stops
                                                                           By Charlotte Zolotow

The great bright yellow sun had shone all day, and now the day was coming to an end. The light in the sky changed from blue to pink to a strange dusky purple. The sun sank lower into the long glowing clouds. The little boy was sorry to see the day end.

He and his friend had played in the garden. When they were tired of playing, they lay down in the grass and felt the sun on them, warm and soft, like a sleepy cat resting.
There had been icy lemonade in the afternoon, which they drank under the pear tree.
And the little boy’s father read him a story on the porch before he went to bed.

Now his mother came to say good night.
“Why does the day have to end?” He asked her.
“So night can begin,” she said, ”look.” She pointed out the window where, high in the darkening sky, behind the branches of the pear tree, the little boy could see a pale silver of moon.
“That’s the night beginning,” his mother said, resting her hand on his shoulder, “the night with the moon and stars and darkness for you to dream in.”

“But where does the sun go when the day ends?” the little boy asked.
“the day doesn’t end,” said his mother, “it begins somewhere else. The sun will be shinning there, when night begins here. Nothing ends.”
“Nothing?” the little boy asked.
“Nothing,” his mother said. “It begins in another place or in a different way.”

The little boy lay in bed, and his mother sat beside him.
“Where does the wind go when it stops?” he asked.
“It blows away to make the tree dance somewhere else.”
“Where does the dandelion fluff go when it blows away?”
“It carries the seed of new dandelions to someone’s lawn.”

“Where does the mountain go after the top?”
“Down to where it becomes the valley.”

“Where do waves go when they break on the sand?”
“Sucked back to the sea into new waves.”

“Where does the rain go when the storm is over?”
“Into clouds to make other storms.”

“And where do clouds go when they move across the sky?”
“To make shade somewhere else.”

“And the leaves in the forest when they turn color and fall?”
“Into the ground to become part of new trees with new leaves.”

“But when the leaves fall, that is the end of something!” the little boy said, “It is the end of autumn.”
“Yes,” his mother said, “The end of autumn is when the winter begins.”

“And the end of winter…?” the little boy asked.
“The end of winter, when the snow melts and the birds come back, is the beginning of spring.” His mother said. The little boy smiled.

“It really does go on and on,” he said. “Nothing ends.”
He looked out at the sky. The sun was gone completely. The lovely pin clouds has disappeared. The sky was dark and purple-black. High above the branches of the pear tree shone, clearly now, a thin new moon.

“Today is over,” his mother said. “It’s time for sleep, and tomorrow morning, when you wake, the moon will be beginning a night far away, and the sun will be here to begin a new day.”

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:46:23

Blueberries for Sal 小塞尔采蓝莓

One day, Little Sal went with her mother to Blueberry Hill to pick blueberries. Little Sal brought along her small tin pail and her mother brought her large tin pail to put berries in.
“We will take our berries home and can them,” said her mother.
“Then we will have food for the winter.”

Little Sal picked three berries and dropped them in her little tin pail…
Kuplink, kuplank, kuplunk!

More berries and dropped one in the pail-kuplunk! And the rest she ate.
Then Little Sal ate all four blueberries out of her pail!

Her mother walked slowly through the bushes, picking blueberries as she went and putting them in her pail.
Little Sal struggled along behind, picking blueberries and eating every single one.

Little Sal hurried ahead and dropped a blueberry in her mother’s pail.
It didn’t sound kuplink!
Because the bottom of the pail was already covered with berries.
She reached down inside to get her berry back.
Though she really didn’t mean to, she pulled out a large handful, because there were so many blueberries right up close to the one she had put in.

Her mother stopped picking and said,
“Now, Sal, you run along and pick your own berries.
Mother wants to take her berries home and can them for next winter.”

Her mother went back to her picking, but Little Sal, because her feet were tired of standing and walking, sat down in the middle of a large clump of bushes and ate blueberries.

On the other side of Blueberry Hill, Little Bear came with his mother to eat blueberries.
“Little Bear,” she said, “eat lots of berries and grow big and fat. We must store up food for the long, cold winter.”

Little Bear followed behind his mother as she walked slowly through the bushes eating berries. Little Bear stopped now and then to eat berries.

Because his feet were tired of hustling, he picked out a large clump of bushes and sat down right in the middle and ate blueberries.

Over on the other side of the hill, Little Sal ate all of the berries she could reach from where she was sitting, then she started out to find her mother.

She heard a noise from around a rock and thought,

“That is my mother walking along!”

But it was a mother crow and her children, and they stopped eating berries and flew away, saying, “caw, Caw, Caw.” Then she heard another noise in the bushes and thought, “That is surely my mother and I will go that way.”

But it was Little Bear’s mother instead. She was tramping along, eating berries, and thinking about storing up food for the winter. Little Sal tramped right along behind.

By this time, Little Bear eaten all the berries he could reach without moving from his mother. He hunted and hunted but his mother was nowhere to be seen. He heard a noise from over a stump and thought, “That is my mother walking along.”

But it was a mother partridge and her children. They stopped eating berries and hurried away. Then he heard a noise in the bushes and thought, “That is surely my mother. I will hustle that way!”

But it was Little Sal’s mother instead! She was walking along, picking berries, and thinking about canning them for next winter. Little Bear hustled along behind.

Little Bear and Little Sal’s mother and Little Sal and Little Bear’s mother were all mixed up with each other among the blueberries on Blueberry Hill.

Little Bear’s mother heard Sal walking along behind and thought it was little bear and she said, “Little bear,” munch, munch, “eat all you…” gulp, “can possibly hold!” swallow. Little Sal said nothing. She picked three berries and dropped them, kuplink, kuplank, kuplunk, in her small tin pail.
Little Bear’s mother turned around to see what on earth could make a noise like kuplunk!
“Garumpf!” she cried, choking on a mouthful of berries, “This is not my child! Where is little Bear?” She took one good look and backed away. (She was old enough to be shy of people, even a very small person like Little Sal. ) Then she turned around and walked off very fast to hunt for Little Bear.

Little Sal’s mother heard Little Bear tramping along behind and thought it was Little Sal. She kept right on picking and thinking about canning blueberries for next winter.

Little Bear padded up and peeked into her pail, Of course, he only wanted to taste a few of what was inside, but there were so many and they were so close together, that he tasted a Tremendous Mouthful by mistake. “Now, Sal,” said Little Sal’s mother without turning around, “you run along and pick your own berries. Mother wants to can these for Next winter.” Little Bear tasted another Tremendous Mouthful, and almost spilled the entire pail of blueberries!

Little Sal’s mother turned around and gasped, “My Goodness, you aren’t Little Sal! Where, oh where, is my child?”
Little Bear just sat munching and munching and swallowing and licking his lips.
Little Sal’s mother slowly backed away. (She was old enough to be shy of bears, even small bears like Little Bear.) Then she turned and walked away quickly to look for Little Sal.

She hadn’t gone very far before she heard a kuplink! kuplank! kuplunk!
She knew just what made that kind of a noise!

Little bear’s mother had not hunted very long before she heard a hustling sound that stopped now and then to munch and swallow. She knew just what made that kind of a noise.

Little Bear and his mother went home down one side of Blueberry Hill, eating blueberries all the way, and full of food stored up for next winter.
And Little Sal and her mother went down the other side of Blueberry Hill, picking berries all the way, and drove home with food to can for next winter-a whole pail of blue berries and three more besides

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:46:51

Don't let the pigeon drive the bus 鸽子系列:别让鸽子开巴士

don't let the pigeon drive the bus
Hi! I’m the bus driver. Listen, I’ve got to leave for a little while, so can you watch things for me until I get back? Thanks. Oh, and remember:
I thought he’d never leave.
Hey, can I drive the bus?
Please?
I’ll be careful.
I tell you what : I’ll just steer.
My cousin Herb drives a bus almost every day!
True story
Vroom vroom vroom vroom-vroom!
Pigeon at the wheel!
No?
I never get to do anything!
Hey , I’ve got an idea. Let’s play “drive the bus”
I’ll go first!
C’mon! Just once around the block!
I’ll be your best friend!
How about I give you five bucks?
What’s the big deal!?
It’s just a bus!!!
Let me drive the bus.
I’m back! You didn’t let the pigeon drive the bus, did you?
Great! Thanks a lot.
Uh-oh!
Bye!
Hey…
Finally, a book you can say “no” to!
Hey , can I drive the bus?
Please ?
C’mon!
Will you let him drive?
Melanie Zeng 录入

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:47:09

Frog and toad are friends: The Letter 青蛙和蟾蜍

Frog and toad are friends: The Letter

Toad was sitting on his front porch.
Frog came along and said,
“What is the matter, Toad? You are looking sad.”

“Yes,” said Toad.
“This is my sad time of day. It is the time when I wait for the mail to come. It always makes me very unhappy.”
“Why is that?” asked Frog.
“Because I never get any

mail,” said Toad.
“Not ever?” asked Frog.
“No, never,” said Toad.
“No one has ever sent me a letter. Every day my mailbox is empty. That is why waiting for the mail is a sad time for me.”
Frog and Toad sat on the

porch, feeling sad together.
Then Frog said, “I have to go home now, Toad. There is something that I must do.”
Frog hurried home.
He found a pencil and a piece of paper.
He wrote on the paper.

He put the paper in an envelope.
On the envelope he wrote “A LETTER FOR TOAD.”
Frog ran out of his house.
He saw a snail that he knew.
“Snail,” said Frog, “please take this letter to Toad’s house and put it in his mailbox.”
“Sure,” said the snail. “Right away.”

Then Frog ran back to Toad’s house.
Toad was in bed, taking a nap.
“Toad,” said Frog, “I think you should get up and wait for the mail some more.”
“No,” said Toad, “I am tired of waiting for the mail.”

Frog looked out of the window at Toad’s mailbox.
The snail was not there yet.
“Toad,” said Frog, “you never know when someone may send you a letter.”
“No, no,” said Toad. “I do not think anyone will ever send me a letter.”

Frog looked out of the window.
The snail was not there yet.
“But, Toad,” said Frog,
“someone may send you a letter today.”
“Don’t be silly,” said Toad.
“No one has ever sent me a letter before, and no one will send me a letter today.”
Frog looked out of the window. The snail was still not there.

“Frog, why do you keep looking out of the win- dow?” asked Toad.
“Because now I am waiting for the mail,” said Frog.
“But there will not be any,” said Toad.

“Oh, yes there will,” said Frog,
“because I have sent you a letter.”
“You have?” said Toad.
“What did you write in the letter?” Frog said, “I wrote ‘Dear Toad, I am glad that you are my best friend.

Your best friend, Frog.’”
“Oh,” said Toad, “that makes a very good letter.” Then Frog and Toad went out onto the front porch to wait for the mail.
They sat there, feeling happy together.

Frog and Toad waited a long time.
Four days later the snail got to Toad’s house and gave him the letter from Frog.
Toad was very pleased to have it.

melaniezengxing 发表于 2012-2-9 10:47:43

Corduroy 灯芯绒小熊

Corduroy is a bear who once lived in the toy department of a big store. Day after day he waited with all the other animals and dolls for somebody to come along and take hime home.
The store was always filled with shoppers buying all sorts of things, but no one ever seemed to want a small bear in green overalls.
Then one morning a little girl stopped and looked straight into Corduroy's bright eyes.
"Oh, Mommy!" she said."Look! There's the very bear I've always wanted."
"Not today,dear." Her mother sighed. "I've spent too much already. Besides, he doesn't look new. He's lost the button to one of his shoulder straps."
Corduroy watched them sadly as the walked away.小熊伤心地看着她们走了。
"I didn't know I'd lost a button," he said to himself. "Tonight I'll go and see if I can find it."小熊自言自语道:“我不知道我掉了一粒纽扣。今晚我去找找,看能不能找得到。”
Later that evening, when all the shoppers had gone and the doors were shut and locked, Curduroy climed carefully down from his shelf and began searching everywhere on the floor for his lost button.那天傍晚过后,当所有的顾客都离开了,商店关门之后,小熊小心地从摆放他的架子上爬下来,在地板上的每一个地方寻找他丢失的纽扣。
Suddenly he felt the floor moving under him! Quite by accident he had stepped onto an escalator---and up he went!忽然,他觉得脚下的地板在动。不知怎么地他迈步上了电梯,正在往上走!
"Could this be a mountain?" he wondered. "I think I've always wanted to climb a mountain."“这会是大山么?”小熊好奇地想。“我一直都想爬山呢。”
He stepped off the escalator as it reached the next floor, and there, before his eyes, was a most amazing sight---tables and chairs and lamps and sofas, and rows and rows of beds. "This must be a palace!" Corduroy gasped. "I guess I've always wanted to live in a palace."电梯到达上一层的时候他下来了,在那里,出现他眼前是令人惊讶的景象---桌子、椅子、灯、沙发,以及成排成排的床。“这一定是宫殿吧!”小熊吐了口气。“我一直想住在宫殿里呢。”
He wandered around admiring the furniture.他四处看看这些家具。
"This must be a bed," he said. "I've always wanted to sleep in a bed." And up he crawled onto a large, thick mattress.“这一定是床吧,”他说。“我一直想睡在床上呢。”他爬到一张大大的厚床垫上。
All at once he saw something small and round.突然他看到一个小而圆的东西。
"Why, here's my button!" he cried. And he tried to pick it up. But, like all the other buttons on the mattress, it was tied down tight.“啊,我的纽扣!”他喊道。他尝试着捡起来。可是,所有床垫上的纽扣都是被紧紧地钉在里面。
He yanked and pulled with both paws until POP! Off came the button---and off the mattress Corduroy toppled, bang into a tall floor lamp. Over it fell with a crash!他猛地一拉,接着又用两只爪子拽,忽然线头断裂——纽扣掉下来了,小熊也失去平衡飞出床垫,撞到一个高高的落地台灯上,一头栽了下去。
Corduroy didn't know it, but there was someone else awake in the store. The night watchman was going his rounds on the floor above. When he heard the crash he came dashing down the escalator.小熊不知道商场里有人醒着呢。夜晚值班的人正在楼上巡逻,当他听到楼下碰撞的声响,迅速乘电梯下来。
"Now who in the world did that!" he exclaimed. "Somebody must be hiding around here!"“是谁干得!”他大声喝道。“一定有人藏在这里。”
He flashed his light under and over sofas and beds until he came to the biggest bed of all. And there he saw two fuzzy brown ears sticking up from under the cover.他举起手电筒照了沙发上下和床,一直到最大的那张床。他看到铺盖地下露出了两只毛茸茸的棕色耳朵。
"Hello!" he said. "How did you get upstairs?"“喂!”他说道。“你怎么到楼上来了?”
The watchman tucked Corduroy under his arm and carried him down the escalator and set him on the self in the toy department with the other animals and dolls.值班人将小熊夹在胳膊下,带他下了电梯,放回到玩具部队货架上,和其他小动物及娃娃呆在一起。
Corduroy was just waking up when the first customer came into the store in the morning. And there, looking at him with a wide, warm smile, was the same little girl he'd seen only the day before.第二天早上,第一位顾客到达商场的时候,小熊刚刚醒来。给他温暖笑容的,正是昨天来看过他的那位小姑娘。
"I'm Lisa," she said, "and you're going to be my very own bear. Last night I counted what I've saved in my piggy bank and my mother said I could bring you home."“我叫Lisa,”她说,“你将会成为我的小熊。昨晚我数了下储蓄罐里的钱,我妈妈说我可以带你回家。”
"Shall I put him in a box for you?" the saleslady asked.“需要我将小熊放到盒子里么?”女售货员问道。
"Oh, no thank you," Lisa answered. And she carried Corduroy home in here arms.“哦,不用,谢谢。”Lisa答道。她要抱着小熊回家。
She ran all the way up four flights of stairs into her family's apartment, and straight to her own room.她一路小跑,三步并两步地回到家,径直走到自己的房间。
Corduroy blinked. There was a chair and a chest of drawers, and alongside a girl-size bed stood a little bed just the right size for him. The room was small, nothing like that enormous palace in the department store.小熊眨了眨眼。屋子里有一张椅子、抽屉柜、一个女孩床的旁边有一张他正好睡的小床。房子很小,和商场的大宫殿不一样。
"This must be home," he said. "I know I've always wanted a home!"“这一定是家,”他说道。“我知道一直想要一个家。”
Lisa sat down with Corduroy on her lap and began to sew a button on his overalls.Lisa坐下来,将小熊放在膝盖上,开始为他缝背带裤上的纽扣。
"I like you the way you are," she said, "but you'll be more comfortable with your shoulder strap fastened."“我喜欢你这个样子,”她说,“但是肩带弄紧,你会更舒服一点。”
"You must be a friend," said Corduroy. "I've always wanted a friend."“你一定是我的朋友,”小熊说。“我一直想要一个朋友。”
"Me too!" said Lisa, and give him a big hug.“我也是!”Lisa说道,给了他一个大大的拥抱。
页: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
查看完整版本: 500本经典绘本的英文原文-无英文原文请别回复,,多谢!!!