Life On Hold
Written by: Karen McQuestion
Narrated by: Emily Beresford
Length: 5 hrs and 5 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:08-24-12
Publisher: Brilliance Audio

Publisher's Summary

Fifteen-year-old Rae Maddox’s mom, Gina, is a big fan of fresh starts. Gina thinks of them as an adventure, but for Rae, each move is just one more friend lost, one more chance to feel like an outsider.

After arriving in Wisconsin, Gina promises to stay put until Rae graduates. Cautiously optimistic, she wades into the social whirl at Whitman High School, making a few friends and even earning a chance at love. But when the vice principal pairs her with fellow newbie Allison Daly, Rae’s tentative happiness is jeopardized.

It seems Allison was orphaned after her parents died in a suspicious house fire, leaving their daughter to bounce between relatives’ homes. When a sleepover at Rae’s house goes terribly wrong, Rae sees a troubling side of Allison — and learns a few secrets about her own mother in the process. Suddenly Rae is at risk of losing everything and everyone she cares about — unless she steps up and takes charge of her life once and for all.

?2012 Karen McQuestion (P)2012 Brilliance Audio, Inc.

Amazon.com: Life On Hold (9781935597278): Karen McQuestion: Books
https://www.amazon.com/Life-Hold-Karen-McQuestion/dp/1935597272

Product Details
Paperback: 196 pages
Publisher: Skyscape (April 1, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1935597272
ISBN-13: 978-1935597278

Fifteen-year-old Rae Maddox’s mom, Gina, is a big fan of fresh starts. Gina thinks of them as an adventure, but for Rae, each move is just one more friend lost, one more chance to feel like an outsider. But when they arrive in Wisconsin, Gina promises to stay put until Rae graduates. Cautiously optimistic, she wades into the social whirl at Whitman High School, making a few friends and even earning a chance at love. But when the vice principal pairs her with fellow newbie Allison Daly, Rae’s tentative happiness is jeopardized. It seems Allison was orphaned after her parents died in a suspicious house fire, leaving their daughter to bounce between relatives’ homes. When a sleepover at Rae’s house goes terribly wrong, Rae sees a troubling side of Allison—and learns a few secrets about her own mother in the process. Suddenly Rae is at risk of losing everything and everyone she cares about—unless she steps up and takes charge of her life once and for all.

From School Library Journal
Gr 7-10-For 15-year-old Rae Maddox, home is wherever her mother finds a job, and each home doesn't last long. Gina, a manicurist by profession, won't tell Rae who her father is, and won't let her get too close to her grandparents. When they move to Wisconsin, near enough to her grandparents to visit, Rae hopes that she can finally settle down, make friends, and finish high school in one place. She makes two friends, does well academically, and even has a shot at romance. Then the vice principal asks Rae to help new student Allison adjust to the school. At first, Rae is put off by Allison's aloof attitude. As she and her mom learn about Allison's sad story and get drawn into her problems, Rae begins to discover more about her mother and her own troubled past. McQuestion's story (AmazonEncore, 2011) is interesting, and Rae is a typical teen whose main faults seem to be that she is bland enough to blend in wherever she goes and she tends to use a bit of profanity. Emily Beresford's narration is enthusiastic, but at times she is so emotional that it detracts from the story and becomes irritating. Still, this story featuring a strong protagonist who has mastered the art of being the new girl will appeal to girls who are fans of this genre.-MaryAnn Karre, West Middle School, Binghamton, NYα(c) Copyright 2011. Library Journals LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Media Source, Inc. No redistribution permitted. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

PRAISE FOR THE BOOKS OF KAREN McQUESTION

"Karen McQuestion just keeps getting better! Hello Love is an enchanting, impossible-to-put-down novel about big hearts and second chances." --Claire Cook, USA Today bestselling author of Must Love Dogs

"The plot is fast paced and easy to dive into, making this a quick and exciting read." --School Library Journal on From a Distant Star

"I devoured it in one sitting!"  --New York Times Bestselling author Lesley Kagen on Edgewood

"I feel like I've been waiting for this book. It's kind of like all my favorite comic books rolled into one awesome package... I'm eagerly awaiting the second book, I'm hooked!" --The Kindle Book Review on Edgewood

"At first glance Favorite is a story of a girl and her family learning to cope with loss. But at some point it morphs into a psychological thriller. It's an unexpected but welcome turn that will leave readers on the edge of their seats." --Jessica Harrison, Cracking the Cover

"This story featuring a strong protagonist who has mastered the art of being the new girl will appeal to girls who are fans of this genre." --School Library Journal on Life on Hold

"An emotional and engaging novel about family..." Delia Ephron on A Scattered Life

McQuestion writes with a sharp eye and a sure voice, and as a reader, I was willing to go wherever she wanted to take me. After I finished the book, I thought about how I might describe it to a friend, and I settled on...: "You should read this. It's good."--Carolyn Parkhurst on A Scattered Life

About the Author
Karen McQuestion has had literary aspirations since the third grade, when her teacher read her short story out loud to the rest of the class as an example of a job well done. She has been writing ever since. She lives in Hartland, Wisconsin, with her husband and their three children.

百度网盘:
链接:点击去百度网盘 -->(购买前请先验证网盘链接是否有效) 密码:8qij

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?新会员加入

1505 查看 14 收藏帖子 (0)

说说我的看法高级模式

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录|新会员加入

• mikiwang

2016-11-24 09:25:10 使用道具

再次感谢老王的分享!!!
  • wusoaring

2016-11-24 09:36:31 使用道具