From a Distant Star
Written by: Karen McQuestion
Narrated by: Kate Rudd
Length: 8 hrs and 24 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:05-19-15
Publisher: Brilliance Audio

Publisher's Summary

Seventeen-year-old Emma was the only one who hadn't given up on her boyfriend, Lucas. Everyone else - his family, his friends, his doctors - was convinced that any moment could be his last. So when Lucas miraculously returns from the brink of death, Emma thinks her prayers have been answered.

As the surprised town rejoices, Emma begins to question whether Lucas is the same boy she's always known. When she finds an unidentifiable object on his family's farm - and government agents come to claim it - she begins to suspect that nothing is what it seems. Emma's out-of-this-world discovery may be the key to setting things right, but only if she and Lucas can evade the agents who are after what they have. With all her hopes and dreams on the line, Emma sets out to save the boy she loves. And with a little help from a distant star, she might just have a chance at making those dreams come true.

?2015 Karen McQuestion (P)2015 Brilliance Audio, all rights reserved.

Amazon.com: From a Distant Star (9781477830178): Karen McQuestion: Books
https://www.amazon.com/Distant-Star-Karen-McQuestion/dp/1477830170

Product Details
Hardcover: 272 pages
Publisher: Skyscape (May 19, 2015)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1477830170
ISBN-13: 978-1477830178

Seventeen-year-old Emma was the only one who hadn’t given up on her boyfriend, Lucas. Everyone else—his family, his friends, his doctors—was convinced that any moment could be his last. So when Lucas miraculously returns from the brink of death, Emma thinks her prayers have been answered.

As the surprised town rejoices, Emma begins to question whether Lucas is the same boy she’s always known. When she finds an unidentifiable object on his family’s farm—and government agents come to claim it—she begins to suspect that nothing is what it seems. Emma’s out-of-this-world discovery may be the key to setting things right, but only if she and Lucas can evade the agents who are after what they have. With all her hopes and dreams on the line, Emma sets out to save the boy she loves. And with a little help from a distant star, she might just have a chance at making those dreams come true.

Editorial Reviews
From School Library Journal
Gr 7 Up—Emma is desperately in love with her gorgeous all-star boyfriend, Lucas, who is dying of cancer. His friends and family have given up on his recovery. Emma, who cannot imagine a world without him, is the only person who believes that Lucas can be brought back from the brink of death. A mysterious object crash-lands in the yard and that same night Lucas begins a swift and miraculous recovery. When strange government agents show up asking about the crash, Emma knows that something is not right. She quickly realizes that Lucas is not the same person he was before his illness. His body has been invaded by a benign alien life force, named Scout. Before the dangerous government agents find them, Emma and Scout embark on a mission to send Scout back to his home planet and give Lucas back his body. The plot is fast paced and easy to dive into, making this a quick and exciting read. Emma is very much in in love with Lucas, which can make her character come off as clingy and overly dependent. The secondary characters are two-dimensional and sometimes unbelievable in that they each serve a very specific role in making a seemingly impossible situation unrealistically possible. VERDICT Aside from these minor character flaws, this book is an enjoyable stand-alone read for a new science fiction fan.—Annalise Ammer, Henrietta Public Library, NY

Review
“The plot is fast paced and easy to dive into, making this a quick and exciting read." —School Library Journal

“Left me in tears! It was a great adventure and I’m glad I got to tag along for the ride.” —Book YAbber

“From A Distant Star is a fast-paced action book. For fans of The Host and I Am Number Four, this one’s for you.” —Paperback Princesses

“A quick read with a happily ever after.” —Catch These Words

“Amazing and thrilling and romantic.” —The Tale Temptress

“From A Distant Star by Karen McQuestion is soooo good! It has alien type beings. Romance, race against time, a WITCH, and many more amazing things!” —Benjaminoftomes

From the Author
PRAISE FOR THE BOOKS OF KAREN McQUESTION

"Karen McQuestion just keeps getting better! Hello Love is an enchanting, impossible-to-put-down novel about big hearts and second chances." --Claire Cook, USA Today bestselling author of Must Love Dogs

"The plot is fast paced and easy to dive into, making this a quick and exciting read." --School Library Journal on From a Distant Star

"I devoured it in one sitting!"  --New York Times Bestselling author Lesley Kagen on Edgewood

"I feel like I've been waiting for this book. It's kind of like all my favorite comic books rolled into one awesome package... I'm eagerly awaiting the second book, I'm hooked!" --The Kindle Book Review on Edgewood

"At first glance Favorite is a story of a girl and her family learning to cope with loss. But at some point it morphs into a psychological thriller. It's an unexpected but welcome turn that will leave readers on the edge of their seats." --Jessica Harrison, Cracking the Cover

"This story featuring a strong protagonist who has mastered the art of being the new girl will appeal to girls who are fans of this genre." --School Library Journal on Life on Hold

"An emotional and engaging novel about family..." Delia Ephron on A Scattered Life

McQuestion writes with a sharp eye and a sure voice, and as a reader, I was willing to go wherever she wanted to take me. After I finished the book, I thought about how I might describe it to a friend, and I settled on...: "You should read this. It's good."--Carolyn Parkhurst on A Scattered Life

From the Back Cover
Praise for Karen McQuestion
"I devoured it in one sitting!"  --New York Times Bestselling author Lesley Kagen on Edgewood

"I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. It was so much action from the very beginning to the very end. It even had a lot of romance in it...Pick up this book and read it. You will love it." --Tiffany from Once Upon A Twilight.com reviews on Edgewood

"At first glance Favorite is a story of a girl and her family learning to cope with loss. But at some point it morphs into a psychological thriller. It's an unexpected but welcome turn that will leave readers on the edge of their seats." --Jessica Harrison, Cracking the Cover

"This story featuring a strong protagonist who has mastered the art of being the new girl will appeal to girls who are fans of this genre."--School Library Journal on Life on Hold

About the Author
Karen McQuestion is the bestselling author of books for all ages. Some of her titles include Hello Love, Life on Hold, The Long Way Home, and the Edgewood series. Her publishing story has been covered by the Wall Street Journal, Entertainment Weekly, and the national NPR show The Story with Dick Gordon. She has also appeared on ABC’s World News Now and America This Morning. McQuestion lives with her husband and kids in Hartland, Wisconsin.

For more information, please visit www.karenmcquestion.com.

百度网盘:
链接:点击去百度网盘 -->(购买前请先验证网盘链接是否有效) 密码:k146

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?新会员加入

1937 查看 17 收藏帖子 (1)

说说我的看法高级模式

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录|新会员加入

• mikiwang

2016-11-24 09:25:38 使用道具

再次感谢老王的分享!!!
  • wusoaring

2016-11-24 09:37:03 使用道具