Elizabeth 发表于 2013-4-7 20:45:32

高一生作文 Write a speech

本帖最后由 Elizabeth 于 2013-4-8 08:10 编辑

My speech today is about something that we are all interested in, something that we are willing to put effort into, something that forms the reason why we are here.

First, make a guess, what is this season?(showing the picture)

Exactly, summer. What is your impression of summer? To me it is beautiful with its boundless greenness, it is like a fantasy, and the most dreamy season among the four.

Can you ever imagine a year without summer. Imagine
The wind of the spring was falling apart,
melted at the time it touched the ground. The grass, tried to grasp the blow of wind. Tangling, but vain at last. Imagine rain poured, foresighting summer. The grass leaned, dropped. being stretched and dragged. Yet they felt that there was hope. Even the wind was hidden, there was still summer ahead. Imagine it was starting to get cold all over. As if couldn't be anticipated, ice covered them. The grass sustained the position how their head lifted. Life was not over yet. But it seemed so.

Then what am I talking about, what am I referring to using this term summer, what is the most thing that we actually cannot give up on. It is our dream. Now here is eventually my topic – Dreams. Ambitions.
I comprehend that every single person sitting in this room has a dream. No matter it is vast like the endless sky, or it is tiny like a grain of sand. You have a dream planted inside you. It is the thing that encourages you to move forward, it is the strength that enables you to fly.

But then why shall we chase after our dreams? Because it is what you want more than anything else in the world, because your dream makes your life meaningful. Because then you will not feel solitary again when accompanied by your goal, because it is the one thing in your life that is never weakened and always strong. Because a dream will not die.

Do not let anyone else interfere your way. Your dream is your property that could brighten your life and light up all the hope around you. No other people would understand what your dreams mean to you. No one is able to block your path or shut your door. Stay true and believe in yourself all the time. Hold on to your dream and do not let go. It will bring pleasure to you after all the stress. Have faith and you will feel as if the world is yours.

Think that there is no such thing as impossible, all your ambitions could be obtained in the future. Work hard and pursue for what you have lived for all these years. Let the people who had once disregarded your dreams see how you shine. Never flinch or retreat. All you need is race and reflect.
What I have mentioned about summer, the wind, the rain, the ice. They have their meanings just like summer has hers. You tried to grasp the wind for it is the initial feeling that brings a dream to you. Such as your dream is to become a designer, the thing that first led to your dreams may be a piece of cloth, a pretty pattern or a Chanel show. You tripped and fell under the rain for it is all your sufferings, all the pain you have conquered throughout the process of achieving your dream. The ice, it is cruel, like the reality. All you have to do is to break it down, and in order to do so, you need to persist.
Of course, life can go on without a dream. Just like a year can last without summer.
But then that is not a complete year, and it seemed your life is already over.

Where was that summer. Was it in your mind, always playing hide and seek. You couldn't forget it, no matter how things changed.

Where is your dream, is it here, is it playing hide and seek with you? Your dream is your best road to success, and persistence is the vehicle you drive in. So how could you quit on your dream.
Go grab it, do not hesitate to follow your heart, to own what you longed. Water your dreams today so it will grow and reach the sun tomorrow. Go straight the direction of your dream, live the life you have imagined.

路过幸福晓 发表于 2013-4-7 21:35:53

太给力俄 这英文水平

http://www.100yingcai.com

Elizabeth 发表于 2013-4-8 12:27:31

这样的水平=真正学会了英语。

ponderxdq 发表于 2013-4-8 16:19:22

真厉害,总算找到了。

Elizabeth 发表于 2013-5-30 19:26:37

这个孩子最近一次雅思裸考7.5分。

anita_suen 发表于 2013-6-7 13:46:55

要是楼主能在这里给家长介绍点教孩子英文启蒙写作的经验就好了{:1_1:}

孙吴空妈妈 发表于 2013-6-7 14:18:52