gutmom 发表于 2013-4-22 21:10:42

辯論+醫學+你能看明多少?

本帖最后由 gutmom 于 2013-4-23 13:39 编辑

[手打的,可能會有TYPO,見諒。不知道應該發哪里,所以發這裏了,如果錯了,請版主移動,THX。不要刪貼,我打了快半小時了,邊聽邊打字,請尊重我的勞動。]
剛在看SUNDAY MORNINGS第9集,有點無聊,又想放點正能量,我就來玩“聽寫”了。這個醫務劇還不錯呢,喜歡的可以看看。看到入面一個辯論,覺得好好玩,所以打出來讓大家玩一下。如果我們考雅思時口語有這水平,應該能有10分了,哈哈。不過事實上是,如果在國外求學,平時上課辯論也是這水平了,雅思10分不算什麼,哈哈。(不信的,想拍我的,麻煩先看看名牌名校的公開課然後再來拍我,謝謝!)
The plot:
人物:Dr. Robidaux是一位年輕的實習醫生(樣子不年輕下),她剛在急症室處理完一個緊急的事件(我不告訴你是什麼{:87:})
Dr. Harding是這醫院(Chelsea General)的外科主任。
地點:room 311
事件:每週一例會,主要是總結發病率,死亡率,錯誤率,並吸收教訓。(中文不好啊,我能寫到這樣都好好了,不要太高要求下)

Okay, let's get right to the first activity, shall we? Dr. Robidaux, please, would you join us as our celebrated guest of honor? Adulation well earned, I have to say. News has traveled fast regarding your life-saving heroics... Threading a pediatric tube through a gasping patient's vocal cord. Talk us through the excitement, doctor, would you?
Uh, Ellen Coolidge... the 42-year-old female brought in unconscious following a vehicular rollover. She was unresponsive to pain. Her pulse was 100 and dropping. Her O2 sat was 90 on 100%. A decision was made to intubate her after we ascertained that her lungs were okay.
And how did that intubation go?Terribly at first. I couldn't visualize her cords, and due to her girth, the tube wouldn't pass. She started turning cyanotic, so I decided to bag her to get her O2 sat back up. A decision was then made to perform an emergency tracheostomy.That decision was made by you?
Dr. Villanueva, actually.
Was he there?He was treating the husband nearby.
Continue, please.
Uh, I proceeded to do the trach, only I couldn't locate her cartilage, again, due to her weight.
And for how long had the patient been without oxygen by this time?
Almost three minutes.Three minutes? My, my. At four minutes, she would have suffered permanent brain damage. Sounds like it was getting a little hairy. Go on.I made a left-to-right swipe.I hit a vein. Blood started...
You hit a vein?Which we pinched off pretty quickly.Uh, finally, I located her cricothyroid and got in, and we then tubed her...
Splendid....only it was blocked.
Dr. Villanueva then came over to assist. She went into asystole. He started performing chest compressions. Finally, I got the pediatric tube in, and she normalized, thank God.
That was a close call.
Very close.And how's the patient doing now?
She's fine. She's celebrating her 22nd wedding anniversary.
Yes, I bet she's very grateful.
She seems so, yes.Yes, I hear she refers to you as her guardian angel. That must be a warm feeling... Performing a life-saving tracheostomy, and they don't always go that well. Trust me, I know from my own experience. Tell me, doctor, from your experience, do they usually go that well?
Uh, well, this was my first one.
Your very first one, you say?
Uh, I've assisted on some...
In emergency situations?No, never in an emergency, before now.
Your very first emergency tracheostomy, and things went well. Good for you.
Why did you make a left-to-right incision in her throat? If you'd made a vertical incision, you might have missed hitting her blood vessel, no?
Well, it's a small mistake, I suppose.As you say, this was your very first emergency trach. Well, then it's possible that's why your cricothyroidectomy was unsuccessful and possibly why you couldn't find the cartilage, and why you were having trouble intubating, which deprived the patient of air for something like three minutes. Did you ask for help?
Everyone was preoccupied.
You didn't even call for help? You couldn't get the bloody tube in, you nicked a vein, your patient was circling the drain, and you couldn't even bother to ask for help.
I came over.
Yes, to her rescue. Are you coming to her rescue now, Gato? By the time you arrived, the patient was in full cardiac arrest. You saved the day, Dr. Robidaux, but not before very nearly losing it. Still, no matter As you say, the patient is eating cake, ice cream, delightfully enjoying her satisfactory outcome. Perhaps she's not even aware that because of her prolonged deprivation of oxygen, she might be just a wee bit less smart. She'll think nothing of struggling with Wednesday's crossword in the New York Times, whereas before, she would have breezed through Thursday's.
We tested her. Mentally, she's fine.So she seems, and perhaps she is. Or she may have lost a tick. See, these are the minor mishaps that we never get called on. Somebody dies, we get sued. Leave a pair of forceps inside a patient, cut off the wrong leg, puncture an aortic valve...For those catastrophic gaffes, we are surely held accountable, but it's these little errors that we make... The ones that are way more prevalent. We get away with those mistakes, don't we? Nobody's any the wiser. Sometimes they're the dumber. Imagine, Ellen Coolidge is in her room eating cake, thanking her lucky stars with no idea that her guardian angel very nearly killed her.
Harding. It wasn't her fault.
No. It was mine, and it was yours. This was not Chelsea General's best work. A woman comes to our ER, we should at least be able to proffer a doctor who is capable of performing a tracheostomy. Or failing that, one who is adept at intubating. Or failing that, one who can at least find the thyroid cartilage. Or failing that, one who might not improperly slit her throat. This was shoddy, shoddy work, and the fact that we got away with it doesn't make it any less inexcusable. You know, I have a niece, lovely girl... She reminds me a little bit of you, Dr. Robidaux. She was recently fired from her waitressing job at the Ritz-Carlton. She set a table incorrectly. The knife and the fork were in the wrong place or some such thing. The Ritz-Carlton doesn't even countenance mistakes like that. Count yourself lucky that you work in a hospitaland that you're a surgeon.
That's enough. I am not a bad doctor, and you know it.
Indeed... but my role here isn't simply to prevent the bad doctors from killing patients. It's to keep the good ones from doing so.

topper 发表于 2013-4-22 21:34:22

本帖最后由 topper 于 2013-4-22 21:35 编辑

挺有趣的。谢谢推荐。
lz哪里看这部片呀?
辩论、演讲能力比我们强许多!
但是医生不比其它行业,要求太高了。这位医生确实技术不行,再辩论也没有用。

sandydad 发表于 2013-4-22 21:52:27

谢谢分享, 学会了很多可能连中文都不懂的医学名词

lixueg 发表于 2013-4-22 23:24:17

中文辩论我也没这水平。主要是没这气势。

ua8383 发表于 2013-4-22 23:41:28

刚好大学学的是这个,所以能看懂。
最后的部分说得真好~

p.s:这个急救过程怪惊险的~
      那个女的真运气啊~

gutmom 发表于 2013-4-22 23:43:30

topper 发表于 2013-4-22 21:34 static/image/common/back.gif
挺有趣的。谢谢推荐。
lz哪里看这部片呀?
辩论、演讲能力比我们强许多!

我家有衛星天線的,錄下來看了。

TNT台的,美國時間每周一播出,第一季已經播完了。

比實習醫生XX好看多了,這部戲的主角太難看了……(我是外貿協會的),也比HOUSE正常多了。ER看都看到悶死了,這套還算有點新意。收視應該不錯。希望第二季快出。

gutmom 发表于 2013-4-22 23:53:21

sandydad 发表于 2013-4-22 21:52 static/image/common/back.gif
谢谢分享, 学会了很多可能连中文都不懂的医学名词

變成中文應該不難的,有沒有興趣玩下去?有我後面繼續練聽寫,哈哈。

lixueg 发表于 2013-4-23 00:01:27

楼主你打字也太快了吧,这个是听了一次就打出来的?

gutmom 发表于 2013-4-23 00:03:33

本帖最后由 gutmom 于 2013-4-23 00:05 编辑

lixueg 发表于 2013-4-23 00:01 http://www.ebama.net/static/image/common/back.gif
楼主你打字也太快了吧,这个是听了一次就打出来的?

基本上吧,不過要PAUSE咯,因為打字沒有他們講得快。

我打字速度是可以的啊,打字不快怎麼寫論文啊?哈哈

不過我閱讀速度好像不合格,一小時沒有400頁啊。

lixueg 发表于 2013-4-23 00:07:39

gutmom 发表于 2013-4-23 00:03 static/image/common/back.gif
基本上吧,不過要PAUSE咯,因為打字沒有他們講得快。

我打字速度是可以的啊,打字不快怎麼寫論文啊? ...

佩服啊。我试着打过一个动画片,尝试一次就放弃了,说得太快,手跟不上,按暂停又觉得麻烦。

gutmom 发表于 2013-4-23 00:14:26

lixueg 发表于 2013-4-23 00:07 static/image/common/back.gif
佩服啊。我试着打过一个动画片,尝试一次就放弃了,说得太快,手跟不上,按暂停又觉得麻烦。

呵呵,多打一下就好了。
以前做作業時打得多了,所以我的打字能力還不錯,中文也打得快呢。嘻嘻~~~得瑟一下先。

lixueg 发表于 2013-4-23 00:25:09

话说回来,美剧里这样说话的很多,但是接触过的真的美国人没见过这样的,大部分都是比较安静,有些也是很害羞的。演讲或者争论也没听过这种咄咄逼人的。

gutmom 发表于 2013-4-23 13:32:55

本帖最后由 gutmom 于 2013-4-23 14:22 编辑

lixueg 发表于 2013-4-23 00:25 static/image/common/back.gif
话说回来,美剧里这样说话的很多,但是接触过的真的美国人没见过这样的,大部分都是比较安静,有些也是很害 ...
我接觸的大部分老美都這樣哦,可能生活環境不同吧。你身邊的人比較文雅,哈哈。
學校裏面大家分組argument也不少。
出來做事,這種argument就不能避免的。不然被人欺負死。
而且朋友間也會有這種時候,特別是某些人想跳火坑,你要拉住他的時候……

gutmom 发表于 2013-4-23 16:03:31

關於病人私隱的爭論……病人的信息洩露了……也是第九集的。大家繼續玩,不另外開貼了,不想洗版。
The plot:
Charactor:Dr. Harding (Chief of Staff)Dr. Park(Korean. His oral English is really sucks. He has a lot of grammar mistakes.)Dr. WilsonDr. Napur
Place:room 311
Okay, here we go. This could get ugly.Dr. Park, please stand. You're the opening act. Oh, I said just stand. You can do theater in the round. Tell us about Derrick Wells. 20-year-old male. Temporal-lobe epilepsy.
Treatable?
Yes. Surgery. He decline.
That's quite a brave decision, isn't it? Declining a potentially life-saving procedure? Was he alone in making that decision, Dr. Park? I support.
You support? Writer want write. Surgery possible take away creativity.
Oh, I get it. "Writer want write. Surgery possible take away creativity." Hmm. Comments, anyone? Well, humor me, Dr. Park. You know, I rather like these delicious little details. For example, I might like some sense of the patient's mental competence, should he decline treatment for a potentially fatal disease. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had a real nutjob on our hands, somebody so compulsive he writes manuscripts on toilet paper, on the walls, even on his own body. Seems to me a person like that might need some proper steering. I should like to think the doctors here at Chelsea General might steer him towards life.
He's in a mood.
Something to say, Dr. Napur?! This young man suffers from a very serious mental disorder, so much so he is a threat to his own well-being, and you blithely sugges...
Not threat self. Not threat others.
He suffers from epilepsy. He has a lesion.
Charles Dickens have epilepsy. Dostoyevsky have epilepsy.
Oh, so now you think that just...
Lewis Carroll, Edgar Allan Poe, Lord Byron all suffer epilepsy. You want do procedure on Dickens? You want snip-snip Dostoyevsky? Vincent Van Gogh? Yeah, I believe Van Gogh was a self-snipper.
Picasso, Michelangelo... Great art, epilepsy, hand-in-hand. Derrick Wells want to write. That purpose. That essence. Who me to say no? Who you? Who you? Me Chief of Staff. You lecture us weeks ago... "See whole, not just body parts. See whole." I look at Derrick Wells whole. He a writer. Let be. Dr. Wilson... Do you have an opinion?
Me?
Yes. Seems to me you might quite like to share. You seem to me like a sharer of sorts.
I have no idea where you're going with this. Please stand, Dr. Wilson. Uh, you may sit, Dr. Park. Dr. Wilson, you and I treated a patient with syphilis, and that little nugget is now being featured prominently in media outlets nationwide. With whom did we share thisiagnosis, doctor?
Are you kidding me? Who did you tell, Dr. Wilson?
Many people here had access. Yes, and I intend to question every single one of them. But I'm starting with you. Who did you tell?
I only discussed it with colleagues.
That would be me and who else?
Radiology, pathology.
How about Dr. Ridgeway? Did you discuss it with her?
Yes, it's an extremely rare case, and I...
So why not talk about it with your girlfriend?

That's out of line. This was a cerebral gumma...Neurosyphilis. We should all be talking...
This is a prominent judge who could do very well without the stigma of syphilis hanging over her.
And you really think somebody in this room put out that information?
It got out, Dr. Ridgeway! These walls are supposed to be sealed, and it got out.
Come on, Harding!The idea of medical confidentiality in the 21st cyber-century? Tort lawyers have Chelsea General employees on their payroll. Mitch Tompkins files wrongful-death suits before patients even flatline. This is systemic. Which only compounds my problem.
As a matter of course, this patient's information would have been shared with upwards of 100 people in this building alone, not to mention outside this building. Between outsource labs, billing, transcripts, insurance... add another 100. Not to mention electronic records are hackable, stealable. You know what we should be doing? We should be putting up a big sign on the door that says, "Privacy is dead. Get over it."
Well, thank you for your considered input, Dr. Napur. You seem so well-informed on the subject, I'm gonna put you in charge of a special task force to address our newfound privacy concerns. I will expect a detailed analysis and a full list of specific recommendations within 30 days.
Come on. I hardly have the time.
Well, then you shouldn't have opened your mouth. Or, perhaps as Dr. Park put it, that's your essence, your purpose. 30 days.
(也是聽寫,沒有拼寫檢查工具,有TYPO是正常的,我不是神啊~~PS. DR. PARK的對白不是TYPO,他是這樣說話的,WHO YOU?WHO ME? LET BE.)

我就是lalala 发表于 2013-4-24 08:41:34

lz很强大!!!

gutmom 发表于 2013-4-24 18:40:15

我就是lalala 发表于 2013-4-24 08:41 static/image/common/back.gif
lz很强大!!!

國外讀過書的,應該都是這水平。我沒有博士強啊,人家DR呢。

yalanxy 发表于 2013-4-26 20:11:13

这部剧我喜欢!有个英剧call the midwife也很有滋味。

gutmom 发表于 2013-4-26 22:57:39

yalanxy 发表于 2013-4-26 20:11 static/image/common/back.gif
这部剧我喜欢!有个英剧call the midwife也很有滋味。

助產士我不太感冒!怕我老公吵要生多個!!哈哈