miaowmom 发表于 2013-9-18 21:55:36

孩子們的寫作論壇-overwhelming 20130918 大朋友同樣歡迎

overwhelming
adjective
Overwhelming means too great, powerful, or serious to be resisted or handled. Overywhelming things can be very moving-for good or for bad. Overwhelming events can crush or bury you.

eg:The news was so overwhelming that we didn\'t know what to say or do.

*Synonyms:    (5 points)
*Antonyms:    (5 points)

Writing task: (10 points)
Some tasks or projects seem so overwhelming at first that you don\'t know where or how to begin. Suppose you had to figure out the most common first name among students in your school-an overwhelming task, for sure. Write a list of steps you could follow that would break this huge task down into smaller, more manageable parts. Good luck kids.

歡迎三年級以上的孩子及家長來玩,小孩子們的遊戲讓我想想再推出。

糖豆甜瓜妈 发表于 2013-9-18 22:15:54

火速学习!

niuniu1617 发表于 2013-9-18 23:59:57

顶一个!!

洋洋妈 发表于 2013-9-19 04:14:50

本帖最后由 洋洋妈 于 2013-9-19 14:22 编辑

楼上两位都家有两宝,糖豆、糖瓜,乒乒、乓乓听起来就又甜蜜、又热闹,真好。

Q1Synonyms:   amazing, crushing, exciting
Antonyms:   mild, resistible, calm

Q2Firstly make a chart of first names in my class to find out the numbers of each name used, arrange the names in alphabetic order.

Then find a person in each class to do the same thing.

In the end add up the same names from each class together and figure out which one is the most popular name.

----Yangyang

晶莹剔透 发表于 2013-9-19 14:26:47

本帖最后由 晶莹剔透 于 2013-9-19 14:32 编辑

Q1:
*Synonyms: overcome、exceed、conquer、overtake
*Antonyms: rebound、revolt、contend、resist.
Q2:
Do you know how to plant a tree ? let me teach you.Frist ,dig a big hole for the tree.Then you put the tree into the hole and put a stick near it ,tie it with a rope ,so it wouldn\'t fall.and put the earth back into the hole.In the end ,water the tree.Now ,do you know how to plant a tree ?                                                      __________mary

miaowmom 发表于 2013-9-21 17:27:42

晶莹剔透 发表于 2013-9-19 14:26 static/image/common/back.gif
Q1:
*Synonyms: overcome、exceed、conquer、overtake
*Antonyms: rebound、revolt、contend、resist.

Q2:
Do you know how to plant a tree ?(L) let me teach you.Frist ,dig a big hole for the tree.Then you put the tree into the hole and put a stick near it ,tie it with a rope ,so it wouldn\\\'t fall.and put the earth back into the hole.In the end ,water the tree.Now ,do you know how to plant a tree ?

To Mary,

Very good job! I do think you\'v improved a lot! And there are some tiny problems as below:

1. Always, remember the beginning of each sentence should be in capital letter.
2. The small plant we called seeding. So if you can change the \"tree\" into seeding, that would be more appropriate.
3. And \"the Earth\" mean the planet we live on! And soil is what plants need to grow.

Can you revise your article according to the three points above?

晶莹剔透 发表于 2013-9-22 12:23:22

Do you know how to plant a tree ? Let me teach you.Frist ,dig a big hole for the seeding.Then you put the tree into the hole and put a stick near it ,Tie it with a rope ,So it wouldn\\\'t fall.and put the soil back into the hole.In the end ,Water the tree.Now ,Do you know how to plant a tree ?                                                      __________mary

晶莹剔透 发表于 2013-9-22 12:49:56

本帖最后由 晶莹剔透 于 2013-9-22 21:02 编辑

Frist, make a chart of the names from my class,and put the frist name from small to big order.
Then, you see which frist name is the most.
At last ,you find which frist name is the most.

byegood 发表于 2020-10-27 17:56:41

感谢分享好资源
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 孩子們的寫作論壇-overwhelming 20130918 大朋友同樣歡迎