岚岚妈 发表于 2014-11-21 08:15:23

英语语法原来这么简单之三

http://img2.ebama.net/album/201411/21/080538dblfyhhoku3434u0.jpg
今天给大家介绍的是动词Verbs。

Grammar Is Great
http://img2.ebama.net/album/201411/21/080717zxjfs619fm8s5m53.jpg
Advance On Verb 'Verb' are doing words. 'Cry','do','go','have','laugh','like','run','skip','speak','splutter','tell','try','wish'-these are all verbs. They describe the actions of someone or somthing in a sentence. Without a verb, you don't have a sentence:
Jason a mountain.Lucy her violin.Cats mice.See? You need to add a verb to make each group of words make sense. For instance:Jason climbed a mountain.Lucy plays her violin.Cats chase mice.Verbs in their simplest form, used with the word 'to', are known as infinitives. 'To speak' and 'to run", for example, are infinitives of the verbs 'speak' and 'run'-you will often use an infinitive with another verb,like this:
I like to run,I want to speak.With or Without?Some verbs can work well with just a subject noun( we will talk about more about these later). The following sentences make perfect sense by themselves: Babies chuckle.Toast burns.
However, many verbs need an object noun, or they don't make much sense at all. For instance, "I buy' and 'I get' don't tell you anything on their own-you need more details:
I buy a ticket.I get a train.
Grammar Guidance. There are lots of short verbs that you use all the time, such as 'come', 'do','go','see','say',' run' and 'walk'. However, when you're building a sentence, you can have fun thinking about which other verbs to use instead. Not Now!Negative words, such as 'not' and 'neither', will give a sentence the opposite meaning. For example: I do not want to speak. However, two negatives in a sentence contradict each other. 'I don't like running neither,' for example, means you do like running. This is known as a double negative and should be avoided. Lost For Words?One of the great things about the English language is that there are so many different choices. How about using any of the following words in places of 'speak', for instance?
Chattergabblegrumblejabbermutterprattlewhisper.
Or these in place of 'run'?
bounddashhurtleloperushscamperscarper.
If you are ever stuck for a replacement word, you can use a special kind of dictionary called a 'thesaurus'. In a thesaurus, words with similar meanings, or 'synoyms', are arranged in groups, so that an alternative word is always at the tip of your fingers.
Past, Present, Future
http://img2.ebama.net/album/201411/21/080539hj9mwo59vvvwq8va.png
If you want to describe when things are taking place, it's the verb in your sentence that helps you. You can change when an action happens by changing the 'tense' of the verb. Tense TimesTenses can tell you if something has happened in the past, will happen in the future by adding a different ending to the verb. You can also add a helper word, called an auxiliary verb, such as ' will', 'shall' or 'am' to help you be more specific about when the action is taking place. Each tense has a different name. However, these names are less important than knowing when to use each form of the verb, so that what you say and write is as clear as possible.
'To Be' And 'To Have'The two verbs you use more than any other are 'to be' and 'to have'. You often use them to describe things or to ask questions. These sentences all use different forms of the verbs 'to be' and 'to have': I am cold.She is tall.Are you hungry?I have blue eyes.
Who has my Pen?

Here they are in each of their simplest forms in the present and past tenses:

http://img2.ebama.net/album/201411/21/080540apr44g7b46abxa6z.pngAs well as acting quite happily by themselves, 'to be' and 'to have' also play an important role in forming different tenses, when they act as auxiliary verbs, helping other verbs to be more specific.
Grammar Extra You are almost never allowed to say 'I were' instead of 'I was', except when you are imagining or wishing a different situation to the one you are in. For example, 'If I were rich.'
Present TenseThere are two main versions of the present tense. The simple present tense used the main verb without 'to' at the beginning:
I play tennis.You play tennis.He/she/it plays tennis.We play tennis.you play tennis.They play tennis.
Past TenseTo move the action in your sentence into the past, you can use the simple past tense. Do this by adding what is called the 'past participle',usually'-ed', to the end of the main verb: I played tennis.You played tennis.He/she/it played tennis.We played tennis.you played tennis.They played tennis. There are also other 'irregular' past participles, including '-n', as shown, and '-t' as in learnt, as well as lots of irregular verbs that don't obey the rules and do their own thing.
http://img2.ebama.net/album/201411/21/080541gg0qmi11zqozgsg8.pngKeep Going in The PastYou can also use the verb 'to be' in its past tense ("was' or 'were') as an auxiliary verb, together with an -ing verb. This makes the 'past continuous' tense, which tells you that something took place over a period of time:
I was playing tennis.You were playing tennis.He/she/it was playing tennis.We were playing tennis.you were playing tennis.They were playing tennis. Past Tense Extra There are all sorts of other ways of talking about the past, too. The 'past perfect' tense, for instance, is formed using the past tense form of 'to have' (had) and an another verb with its past participle. It tells you about a situation in the past that was caused by something that happened eariler. For example, the sentence: When I came home, they had eaten all the cake. tells you that there was no cake left for you, because it had been eaten. You can even tell people that you did something for a while, but don't any more by adding the words 'used to': I used to play tennis. This lets everyone know that you no longer play tennis. Future tenseAlthough there isn't a future participle like there is for the present and past tense, there are still lots of ways to put the action you are speaking or writing about into the future. One of the most common ways of making the future tense is to use the auxiliary verb ' shall' or 'will', followed by another verb-'play' for instance. Traditionally, you should use 'shall' for 'I' and 'we', and 'will' for all the other people, like this: I shall play.You will play.He/she/it will play.We shall play.you will play.They will play. Keep Going In The FutureYou can make a 'continuous future' tense along with the verb 'to be' as an auxiliary verb, just like you would in the present and past tenses. This tells you that something is taking place over a period of time in the future: I shall be playing.You will be playing.He/she/it will be playing.We shall be playing.you will be playing.They will be playing. Future Tense ExtraThere are lots of other ways you can talk about the future, too. All you need is a selection of auxiliary verbs to help things along. For example: I am going to buyshoes tommorrow.You will win the race.It will be sunny tomorrow.We shall be going to school tomorrow.You are coming with us tonight.They will be here in a minute.
More On Auxiliary VerbsYou've already come across 'to be' and 'to have', and 'shall' and 'will' as auxiliary verbs, but these are not the only ones. The following words can all be used to help change the meaning of another verb:
could, should,would,do,does,did,may,might,must.
You can even combine them with 'to be' and 'to have' to explain a huge amount more about the verb:
I might have been chosen, but I was ill.My top could be being crumpled as it's in a suitcase.
Grammar Guidance. What's wrong with this sentence?
I would of liked an ice cream.
That's right, 'of' is a preposition -there is no verb 'to of'', ever. The full sentence should be:
I would have liked an ice cream.
This can be shortened to:
I would've liked an ice cream.
To Be Continue...

长空飞雪 发表于 2014-11-21 08:34:43

很好的文章,期待下集

qingwei1977126 发表于 2014-11-21 08:42:15

看中这有图有真相!不错!

TOM@JERRY 发表于 2014-11-21 08:47:04

学习了,收下了

cellass2001 发表于 2014-11-21 08:53:27

赞了哦,感谢您