171460283 发表于 2015-8-18 12:45:12

First Impression About London(对伦敦的第一印象【在英国的第六天】)

本帖最后由 171460283 于 2015-8-19 12:34 编辑

Today, we are going to leave Cambridge, I was very sad as I looked out the window as that place I had laughed so much and loved so much moved farther and farther.
    I looked out the window until I can see Fitzwilliam College no more and I turned my attention on the other stuff we passed by. The trees, the grass, the small road, and the houses we passed by, are all still in a brilliant Cambridge style.
    I don't know how long it was when the view outside the window changed. There were fields of wheat which looked like fields of sunshine. There are what that looks like mountains in the distance. After the mountains there's nothing interesting at all. There are only roads, roads, roads. Looking at all the roads made me so bored that I fall asleep.
    Soon, I woke up, I sat up on the seat and look out the window. Oh man, we are stuck in a traffic jam! No cars moved at all for a very long time. Finally, the cars in front of us start moving and we are out of this traffic jam.
    Then I noticed that there are no roads anymore, outside the window, there's a river! It's the River Thames. But the water was yellow just like The Yellow River.
    We arrived in London at last! First we went to visit the Greenwich Royal Observatory. There are places where I can look out towards the trees down below and enjoy the wind blowing, it's a perfect spot for you to look around the place where it's half all trees, half all buildings. I closed my eyes and enjoyed myself in the cool wind and I can hear the trees whisper. There's also a dark room where they say that it's the place where someone had used so he can look at the sun without hurting his eye. It was very dark inside.
    There's a house where there are many tools. I think they used to look at time. There is a tellurion with a metal circle in the middle of it and it has time written on it.
    We had another boat ride on the River Thames. Looking at the yellowy river water below, at the back of the boat, a line that was left behind the boat.
    "Look! Look! Here comes Tower Bridge! " Everybody looked at it and began to take pictures. For a moment I hope that maybe when we pass the Tower Bridge, it will have to open it for us. But then, as we were close to the Tower Bridge I realized that our boat is too small and watched thee boat as it lightly went under the bridge.
    After we went under the next bridge, I saw that there was "London Bridge" written on the side of it and I thought of what our Cambridge teacher told us: The first London Bridge really did fall down, the second London Bridge was bought by America, the third London Bridge is in London.
    Then, comes London Eye! That big wheel look so grand, we watched as it moved slowly, slowly, turning around. On the boat from Greenwich to London's centre. The first thing we saw in London was that glittering Big Ben.
    In the sunlight, it was so shiny! It looks like as if the tower is made of gold. It's made next to the Parliament of the UK. The clock was made in 1856 and has been ringing for more than one hundred and fifty years. As we looked at it, the clock starts to ring.
    The rest of the day was full of exciting stuff. We went to Beckingham Palace, St. James Park, and saw the Tower of London, we even looked from outside at Number 10, Downing Street!
    At night, we were in the hotel, and I was listening to stories. Soon, I stepped into that happy land where all good dreams are.

1980frank 发表于 2015-8-18 14:16:27

Thanks for your wonderful introduction,London is my dream city which I want to go to
页: [1]
查看完整版本: First Impression About London(对伦敦的第一印象【在英国的第六天】)