171460283 发表于 2015-8-21 13:04:38

A Day in Oxford City(在牛津市里的一天【在英国的第九天】)

We are now in Oxford University!
Today's classes are all about how to prepare for an interview. After breakfast, we went towards the building where we'll have our classes. The teacher's name was James, his eyes are big and his skin is a yellowish white.
Teacher James told us, "If you are going to prepare for an interview to university, you should wear a uniform. That will give others a good opinion at first sight. "
Then he asked us how we will answer a question. The question is "Why do you want to go to this university? "
Someone said that they want to go to this university because it was his dream. He said, "It's OK to say that, but you can also say 'the project which I want to study is in this university. '"
Then, we began to discuss some interview questions given by Oxford University in the past.
The first one is: There's a bag of beans with 23 white beans and 16 black beans in it, a monkey takes two beans out each time. If the two beans are the same colour, he puts a black bean into the bag; if the two beans are the different colour, he puts a white bean into the bag. The monkey continues this action until there's only one bean left in the bag. What color is it?
Everybody talked at once, some think it's white, some think it's black. Others cannot think it at all.
In the afternoon, our teacher took us shopping all around Oxford City. But first comes visiting, we went to the dining hall at Christ Church, the place where the movie < Harry Potter > was filmed. Then, we went to see the small church at Christ Church.
Next, we went to Blackwell's bookshop to flip through all those good books. The teacher told us that this bookshop is very famous, but it's passed on in families, so the boss is always Mr. Blackwell.
Next, we went to a museum and we saw the handwriting pieces of Shakespeare. But I can't understand what he had written. It's a bit messy and it's hard to understand properly. They were all put in glass windows.
We had supper at an Indian restaurant.
After drinking some tasty juice, we waited for the meal to come up.
Finally, the meal came up. Everybody stared in amazement when they saw that food was brought here on a trolley! They said that it was a good idea so they don't need coming here and going back in turns to get all the food on the table. There's lamb with tomato ketchup and vegetables, there's also Naan bread with some pieces of meat inside it. Indian Naan bread is different from Xinjiang Naan bread, Xinjiang Naan bread is solid inside while Indian Naan bread is empty.
Looking at the delicious food and smelling it in the air, everybody put their hands toward the bread and soon one plate is empty, listening to Indian music in the record player next to us, we enjoyed a delightful supper.
After supper, the teacher took us towards the building where he usually works. I asked, "Will we be able to visit the room you work? "
"No, " he said, "You won't be able to visit the room I work. It's an experiment room and some of the liquids are poisonous. "
But we were able to visit the place where he relaxes, we sat on the chairs and watched the site far below, looking at the dark trees and houses and the setting sun, listening to the crickets chirping, enjoying the cool wind. It feels wonderful.
It's getting late now, so the teacher walked us back towards St. Hilda's College. On the way, I bought a big bottle of milk in a nearby shop, it costs fifty pence.
As we hurriedly passed the clock in a nearby college, we heard the bell for nine o’clock. “Ding! Ding! Ding!...” It kept on ringing until it rang for nine times. We were quiet walking, the night was getting deep, and finally, in the distance, I saw the shadow of St. Hilda’s College.

zijing0611 发表于 2015-8-23 12:19:03

一直在关注楼主的作文,写得真好。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: A Day in Oxford City(在牛津市里的一天【在英国的第九天】)