老王 发表于 2019-4-9 16:08:56

Caterpillar Summer - Gillian McDunn 电子书mobi+epub

Caterpillar Summer - Gillian McDunn 电子书mobi+epub

Product details
Age Range: 8 - 12 years
Grade Level: 3 - 4
Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's Books (April 2, 2019)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 168119743X
ISBN-13: 978-1681197432

Caterpillar Summer Hardcover – April 2, 2019
by Gillian McDunn(Author)
https://www.amazon.com/Caterpillar-Summer-Gillian-McDunn/dp/168119743X

Product details
Age Range: 8 - 12 years
Grade Level: 3 - 4
Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's Books (April 2, 2019)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 168119743X
ISBN-13: 978-1681197432

This beautifully written, emotional debut perfect for fans of Lynda Mullaly Hunt or Ali Benjamin tells the story a girl, her special needs brother, and the summer they will never forget.

"An engaging, honest book." --Kimberly Brubaker Bradley, Newbery Honor-winning author of The War That Saved My Life

"A beautiful story of family, forgiveness, life on an island, and growing up.”--Kate Messner, author of Breakout and The Seventh Wish

Cat and her brother Chicken have always had a very special bond--Cat is one of the few people who can keep Chicken happy. When he has a "meltdown" she's the one who scratches his back and reads his favorite story. She's the one who knows what Chicken needs. Since their mom has had to work double-hard to keep their family afloat after their father passed away, Cat has been the glue holding her family together.

But even the strongest glue sometimes struggles to hold. When a summer trip doesn't go according to plan, Cat and Chicken end up spending three weeks with grandparents they never knew. For the first time in years, Cat has the opportunity to be a kid again, and the journey she takes shows that even the most broken or strained relationships can be healed if people take the time to walk in one another's shoes.

Review
“An engaging, honest book--I love Cat, and you will, too!” ―Kimberly Brubaker Bradley, Newbery Honor-winning author of THE WAR THAT SAVED MY LIFE

“I could almost smell the ocean air as I read Gillian McDunn's Caterpillar Summer. What a beautiful story of family, forgiveness, life on an island, and growing up.” ―Kate Messner, author of BREAKOUT and THE SEVENTH WISH

“An engrossing, heartwarming, beautifully written debut about building and rebuilding family ties.” ―Kirkus Reviews, starred review

“McDunn's poignant, gratifying debut about friendship and family encourages both empathy and hope.” ―Publishers Weekly, starred review

“A sweet summer story that middle grade readers will appreciate.” ―School Library Journal

“Fans of the books Rules by Cynthia Lord and Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine will enjoy this well-written book about the struggles of a fractured family.” ―School Library Connection

About the Author
Gillian McDunn has lived in California, Missouri, and North Carolina, and is a fan of both the Pacific and the Atlantic Oceans. Like Cat, Gillian grew up as the big sister to a younger brother with special needs. She lives near Raleigh, NC, with her family. This is her first book.
gillianmcdunn.com

百度网盘:

链接:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1Mo68a7p1m5XhKD6uEJYsrQ
提取码:4lzy
复制这段内容后打开百度网盘手机App,操作更方便哦

石墨 发表于 2019-4-9 20:37:34

谢谢老王的分享!!!

hbz2k 发表于 2019-4-9 22:25:07

非常感谢王老师!

ysl888999 发表于 2019-4-10 16:59:49

感激老王一贯如常的无私分享。{:85:}

Gladys1234 发表于 2019-4-10 20:54:09