If I were a monkey who swung on a tree
手指小猴子, 一摇一摇的荡秋千, 然后指向上面的大树。
And you were my mommy, who swung after me
指向妈妈猴子。
And we ate bananas until there were none
指着那些香蕉, 嘴里再装出吃香蕉的样子。
And then took a nap in a warm cozy sun
指着猴子们小睡的样子, 同时自己也装出睡觉的样子。
and when we woke up, sang our favorite song
指着两个猴子高兴的样子, 嘴里也试着哼唱一个快乐的歌曲
while clapping and jumping and dancing along
做出拍手, 蹦跳, 跳舞的动作
if we were two monkeys who played hide-and -seek
指着捂眼睛的猴子, 然后再指藏在树后的那只妈妈猴子
and I promised you , Mommy, that I wouldn't peek
用手捂着自己的眼睛, 露出一条缝, 说peek. 然后再捂上眼睛, 摇摇头说 I wouldn't peek, 反复说几次
and we took a walk in a cool shady place
先指着两只猴子,当读到 a cool shady place指着那棵大树
and saw who could make the silliest face
和孩子一起做怪脸, 嘴里一边说 silly faces. I make silly faces, you make silly faces
and we picked some flowers to put in your hat,
and I got to choose them--you know I'd love that!
指着小猴子手里的花, 然后指向妈妈的帽子
and you told me stories of when you were small
指着相册
and we took a swim with fishes and frogs
and splashed in the water and rolled on the logs
指着两只猴子游泳的样子, 然后指着鱼和青蛙。
and snuggled up close while we looked at the skies
to watch the sun set and the stars wink their eyes...
搂着孩子, 先指着书上的天空, 在指指窗外的天空
If we did these things all the day long, and soon,
we both fell asleep under bright Mr. Moon...
先指指星星, 接着上一页的 the stars wink their eyes, 然后指着已经睡熟了的猴子, 再指向月亮。
imagine how happy and fun it would be,
if we were two monkeys, just Mommy and me!
问问孩子, are you happy, if we were two monkeys 做个猴子的样子 mommy and me, 指指自己, 再指指孩子,再指指书中的两只可爱的猴子。
————————————————
读完之后,可以和孩子一起玩玩
hide-and –seek, let's play hide-and -seek, you hide first, I will not peek!
还可以做一些动作 clapping, and singing and jumping and dancing ......
当然读一遍只能让孩子理解一个大概其, 不可能每句话都明白个透。故事里的句子韵律感很强, 孩子会喜欢这种韵律的声音的。故事可以在孩子喜欢的时候多读几遍, 每次读的时候妈妈辛苦一些,手指或做一些相关的动作。 慢慢故事熟悉了,再扩展到画面上都有些什么动物。。。。。。也可以和孩子来个你说上句,孩子接下句, 妈妈读,孩子指, 孩子做相关的动作等, 慢慢加深孩子对故事的理解。
还有,对于复杂的句型,家长平时还是要从口语中多跟孩子交流。比如我们所说的从句,文章里经常会碰到,家长如果平时能说一些:take the schoolbag u got yesterday, I love what u have done with this place,I thought it was the other way around 。在生活情境中,这些话是很容易理解的,书中再看到相似的长句子,也就不难理解了。