100 Ways to be a good father
成为好爸爸的100个秘诀
英文原版:
http://goodmenproject.com/fathers-day/100-ways-to-be-a-good-father/
1 present with your children.
经常陪孩子
2 Heap lavish amounts of praise on your kids.
从不吝啬对孩子的赞扬
3 Focus on the positive when speaking to your children.
用积极的方式和孩子交谈
4 Say I love you. A lot.
经常说我爱你
5 Don’t be afraid to show your emotions to your family.
不掩饰家庭的情感
6 Work on improving your relationship with your wife or partner.
保持和妻子的良好关系
7 Take time out from work for family time.
从繁忙的工作中为家庭抽出时间
8 Laugh at yourself. Regularly.
经常自我解嘲
9 Listen to your kids with all of your attention.
集中注意力倾听孩子
10 Learn new things by teaching your children about them.
通过教育孩子学会新事物
11 Start a personal journal.
保持个人日记
12 Hold your kids accountable for their actions and words, but don’t use punishment to teach.
让孩子对自己的言行负责
13 Leave your watch and phone on your desk sometimes.
时常把手表和手机留在桌子上
14 Make a meal for your family.
为家里做饭
15 Do something wacky and unpredictable in front of your kids.
适当在孩子面前作一些古怪或反常的事情
16 Spend some time one-on-one with your child.
花些时间和孩子一对一在一起
17 Get moving. Have a fitness plan in place and get your kids to join in.
动起来,制定健身计划,让孩子参加
18 take more walks, and leave the car at home.
多走路、少开车
19 Fall in love with your wife. Again.
再次爱上你的妻子
20 Admit you’re wrong when you are.
承认自己的错误
21 Forgive your dad for any grudges you hold against him.
原谅曾经对自己的父亲不满和忌恨
22 Teach a new dad what you’ve learned so far.
向一个新爸爸分享自己的经验
23 Take time for yourself, so you can bring that sense of fulfillment with you to the family.
多给自己一些时间,让家庭感觉你的尽职
24 Remember what you hated to hear from your parents as a kid and vow to be different.
记住自己儿童时期自己不想从父母那儿听到的东西,不让它在自己孩子身上发生
25 Read out loud to your children.
多给孩子读书
26 Leave your work issues at your job. Don’t dump on your kids because you had a rough day.
把工作问题留在工作上,不要向孩子发泄
27 Drop your change in a jar each day. When full, open a savings account for your child.
每天在储罐里放一些零钱,等满了之后,给孩子开一个储蓄账户
28 Once in a while, ask your kids what you can do better. Then do it better.
时常问孩子你怎么能做的更好,然后去做
29 Hugs and kisses are golden. Be generous.
拥抱和亲吻永远是金子,不要吝啬
30 Let your kids make their own choices. Sometimes.
时常让孩子自己做出选择
31 Get out in nature with the family.
经常和家庭出去到大自然中去
32 Count to 10 before you react to your children’s actions.
数到10然后再对孩子的行为做出反应
33 Remember that kids mirror our actions, so watch what you say and do around them.
记住我们行为是孩子的镜子,当孩子在身边时候,注意自己的言行
34 Parenting is a shared responsibility. Jump in and do something mom normally does.
养育孩子是夫妻双方的责任,投入当中去,经常做妈妈做的事情
35 Learn from your elders—ask them what they’ve learned as fathers.
向你的长辈学习-向他们请教做父亲的经验
36 When a child does something not so nice, separate their actions from them in your mind. A child is never bad, even though their actions may be.
当孩子做了不好的事情,把行为和孩子本身分开看,没有永远的坏孩子,即使他们有了坏的行为
37 The next time you feel like giving up on something, do it anyway and use it as a teaching moment.
当你感觉你准备放弃某个事情时候,坚持做下去,然后把它当成一个教育范例
38 Remember that everyone is somebody’s child.
记住任何人都是某人的孩子
39 Listen to yourself. Do you sound like your dad? Is that a good thing?
经常听听自己说的话,是不是像你自己的父亲?这样好吗?
40 Give yourself a break. I haven’t met a father yet who doesn’t make mistakes.
时常给自己一点喘息时间,任何一个父亲都犯错误
41 Unplug the TV and pretend it’s broken once in a while. Or hide it.
时常把电视电源拔了,假装电视坏了,或者干脆藏起来
42 Go with your child to school once in a while. Meet the teacher and ask how you can help.
时常拜访你孩子的学校,见见他们的老师,问老师你们帮着做些什么
43 Make your health and fitness a priority so you’ll be around for your kids for a long time.
把健康和身体作为你的头等大事,以便你能长时间伴随孩子成长
44 Teach the value of service to others by volunteering in your neighborhood, church, or school.
经常在你的社区、教堂或学区做些志愿者工作,向别人分享社会服务意识和价值
45 Write love notes and leave them for your kids to find.
写一些我爱你的小纸条放在某个位置,让孩子自己发现
46 Read a book about fatherhood.
多一些如何做父亲的书
47 Write a book about fatherhood.
自己动手写一本如何做父亲的书
48 Make some snacks for the kids as a surprise.
给孩子做一些小零食作为惊喜
49 Speak as one with your wife, so your kids don’t play you off on one another.
和妈妈保持一致声音,避免孩子在你和妈妈之间耍两面派
50 Do you say yes all the time? Use no when you mean it, even if they don’t like it.
你是否不是总是说“行”?如果你想说“不行”,一定要说,即使你不喜欢
51 Do you say no all the time? Say yes once in a while.
你是否不是总是说“不行”?适当多说一些“行”
52 Snuggle with your kids.
时常和孩子偎依在一起,让他感觉到你的温暖
53 Show your wife respect always. Make sure your kids do also.
总是表示出对你妻子的尊重,确保你孩子也这样
54 Take the time to really explain things to your children. Don’t just say “because I said so.”
花些时间向你孩子解释事情的来龙去脉,而不是简单地说“照我说的做”
55 Ask for help if you need it. Don’t suffer from excess pride.
如果你需要帮助,不要不好意思开口,不要太傲慢
56 Accept who you are, but don’t settle. Strive to improve yourself every day.
接受现实,但是也不要满足现状,努力每天提高自己
57 Make amends when you’re wrong or grumpy or harsh with your kids.
如果你错了或者对孩子发脾气或太严厉,尽量修正自己
58 Periodically assess your life and change course if needed. Don’t be unhappy just because you think you can’t change.
时常评估自己的人生,如果需要,可以适当调整轨迹。不要因为自己无法改变,而耿耿于怀
59 Take a class or learn a new skill with your kids.
和孩子一起上课或学习新技能
60 Act as if you’re the best dad ever.
在行为时尽量帮自己当做最好的父亲
61 Imagine you’ve only got one week left to live. How would you treat your kids? What’s stopping you from doing that right now?
假设你的生命只有一个星期里。你如何对待你的孩子?是什么阻碍你现在不能以这样的方式对待孩子?
62 Let your kids see you cry.
适当让孩子看到你也会哭
63 Explore every park in your town.
把你当地的所有公园考察完
64 Once in a while, take a day off and spend it with your family.
时常休一天假,和家人呆在一起
65 Find out about your family history and start sharing it with your kids.
了解你的家族历史,和孩子分享
66 Give high fives for each tiny accomplishment they make.
为孩子所取得所有小成就给与5星评价
67 Get out of debt as quick as you can, and teach your kids about the value of being debt-free.
尽快还清所有欠债,教育孩子无债务负担的价值
68 Take a big leap; teach your children about trust, faith, and the virtue of following your dreams.
教育孩子信任、诚心及追随梦想的价值
69 Get down on their level and try to see things as they do. Chances are, you’ve forgotten what it’s like.
放低自己,尽量以孩子的角度来看事物。
70 Learn some really corny kid jokes and use them often.
学一些过时的儿童玩笑,经常使用
71 Hold a family meeting and get your kid’s input on important decisions.
召开家庭会议,听取孩子对重要决定的意见
72 Don’t just give your kids the answers to questions. Show them how to find the answers.
不要只给孩子问题答案,向他们展示如何自己找到答案。
73 Remember, they’re never too old for piggyback rides.
记住孩子多大了都喜欢被爸爸背
74 Have patience with your children. Don’t expect them to be perfect.
对孩子有耐心,不要期望他们是完人
75 Don’t insist on conformity. Let your kids follow their dreams, not yours.
不要坚持一个方向,让孩子追求自己的梦想,而不是你的梦想
76 Hold their hands, literally.
经常牵着孩子的手
77 Remember to let your children save face. Embarrassing them in front of their friends is not cool.
记住让孩子保全面子,使他们在朋友面前尴尬不是件好事
78 Keep your relationship issues between you and your wife. Don’t let your kids take on all your crap.
不要把你和你妻子之间关系问题影响到孩子,不要让孩子感受你们之间发泄和不满
79 When your children were babies, you gushed over them. Do the same thing for them now.
在孩子还是婴儿的时候,你曾经不停和他们讲话。长大了,也要这样
80 Don’t gossip around your kids.
不要在孩子面前说别人闲话
81 Stand up for the weak, the oppressed, the underdog.
为弱者、被压迫者或失败者撑腰
82 Grow a beard. (Actually, I just put that in to see if you were paying attention.)
时常留胡子
83T ake your child to work with you and explain what you do for a living.
带你的孩子去工作,向他们解释你靠什么谋生
84 Make something by hand with them. Don’t worry about perfection, just enjoy the process.
和孩子一起动手做东西,不用担心做不好,享受过程更重要
85 Once in a while, give them a “get out of jail free” card.
时常给孩子发一个“出狱释放证”
86 Tell your children how much they mean to you.
告诉孩子,他们对你很重要
87 Follow through on your promises to them.
遵守给孩子的承诺
88 Give your kids responsibilities.
让孩子承担责任
89 Speak to your children as your equals. Give them the respect you ask for.
平等地和孩子交谈,给与他们尊重
90 Plan surprises for them and keep them guessing.
经常为孩子准备惊喜,让他们猜测是什么东西
91 When speaking to other adults, act as if your kids were listening.
在和求他承认交谈时候,假装你的孩子就在你身边
92 Play games with your children. Let them win sometimes, but don’t make it obvious or easy.
和孩子玩优秀,经常让他们赢,但是别表现的太明显或赢得太容易了
93 Before you walk in the door from work, take some deep breaths and leave your work outside.
下班到家之前,深呼吸,不要把工作问题带到家里来
94 Give mom the day off once in a while, and get the kids to help you pamper her.
经常给妈妈放假,让孩子帮你宠宠妈妈
95 Be generous with your time, your energy, and your money. Give freely to those in need.
别吝啬自己的时间、精力和金钱,如果别人需要帮助,随时投入
96 Cultivate your Fatherhood Superpowers.
培养父亲的超级能力
97 Don’t let other adults get away with unacceptable behavior around your kids.
不要让别的成人在孩子面前有无法接受的不良行为
98 Remember the Golden Rule. It applies to your children as well.
记住黄金规则,适用于你的孩子身上
99 Smile at your children and your partner.
经常对孩子和妻子微笑
100 Find your center and define what truly matters to you.Make that your inner retreat when life throws you a curve ball, and share thatwith your kids.
发现自己的中心点,确定对你重要的事情,如果生活向你抛出曲线球,内心放松,并和孩子一起分享
谢谢分享