网站公告
点击问题反馈。微信登陆的用户请及时在个人中心设置登陆密码,并且牢记自己的用户名。
头像上传问题点击此处
I watched the window lit up, and I sighed quietly, it would be our last day in Oxford, yes, and our last day in England. But breakfast was merry as usual, the place to eat was still noisy and you just cannot help but to be happy.
We had classes about English holidays. First to come was New Year. But I think there's one much more interesting, it's a Saint's Day. They say it was on the day he was buried. Before he died, he told them that he doesn't want to be buried indoors. He wants to be buried in a normal place where he can be step on and feel the rain. But they didn't do what he wanted and they thought he had sent the 40-days rain because he was upset that his wish was not completed.
In the afternoon, we had lots of fun at the botanical garden. We were asked to answer ten questions that we can find in the garden. We were happy because that is a piece of cake for us until we went into the botanical garden and started to study the questions. The first question lets us find a tree that can cure pain. I looked around. "There are thousands of trees here! How can we ever find that tree! "
But in the end, we did find it because there was a picture attached to the question. We got all the answers to the questions. In the end, we were first! Every member got a bottle of tea.
Finally, it's the moment where we've all been waiting for, the formal dinner! I wore my dress and put on my little crown, combed my hair prettily and went to the dinner.
First, it was taking pictures at the river's side. All the girls are in a picture, boys in another. We watched as the sun moved slowly to the west. Then, we went to have formal dinner!
Here comes the starter, a light dish. Hold on a minute! It's fish pie? I looked down, "What they call of a starter, " I thought. " It's enough to be a main dish! "
But I was able to finish most of the starter anyway, just enough to leave room for the main dish. Everybody was talking, when eight o'clock came, the candles were lit, and we started eating the main dish with small pieces of cabbage and mashed potatoes.
After the main dish, we started having dessert! Oh now, I thought when I saw what we are going to have for dessert. "I don't want to have all kinds of cream for dessert! But then I noticed some pieces of fruit and that made me happy. I also saw that there are some sugar (or at least looks like it) on the plate, and I used my spoon to taste a bit of the sugar. Argh! It's salt!
After what I call a "delightful" dessert. The teachers announced that they are going to send out a piece of paper to certify that we had been in this programme. And we each have to go up and put on the student robe of Oxford, get the paper and have a photograph with the teacher.
It was over. I looked out the window at the sunset. And I suddenly felt sad. Our time at England is as short and as wonderful as the sunset. Tomorrow, we'll be on the bus to the airport, and we will leave everybody. Maybe, we will never see each other again. The atmosphere was still happy, but I was sad, as the sun set. Everyone left the room.
The dinner was over. I went back to the dormitory and started to pack my stuff. When I finally finished packing, I turned off the light and went into bed. I hugged my quilts, it will be my last night in England.

3985 查看 7 收藏帖子 (0)

说说我的看法高级模式

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录|新会员加入

• zijing0611

2015-8-23 12:17:27 使用道具

好文笔,值得学习!
  • hedakang

2015-8-23 12:52:33 使用道具

对于参加formal dinner 的着装要求十分严格,在举办formaldinner餐厅的入口处均派有专人检票验装。被邀请的男宾客至少必须西装革履,女宾客必须穿礼服(dress);要不然就绝对进不去啦~

楼主 2015-8-23 16:34:37 使用道具

再有一篇,我家JENNY 的旅英日记就要发表完了。在此,我对鼓励和关注孩子文字的同仁们表示由衷感谢!
        在英国的日程,安排得非常紧凑,她到晚上写日记的时候,已经眼皮沉重,哈欠连连,只能写上十句八句的。回国后,靠回忆整理,好在还有些照片可以帮她点忙。从8月12日开始,一天一篇,12天整理出了12篇,速度还行。在英游学,每天都有新安排,每天都有新景致,不像上学时两点一线,日复一日。孩子写起日记来,总是笑呵呵的,生活给了她如此美妙的素材,不写不就太可惜了吗?
        说实在,孩子的词汇量,句子构造能力,语法程度,谋篇布局水平等方面,还差得很远。好在年龄尚小,面皮不薄,连发数篇日记,见笑于大方,也顾不得。但求同仁们不悯赐教,孩子感激不尽。
  • shiehgame

2015-8-23 19:18:20 使用道具

好厲害 佩服 太棒了
  • high5

2015-8-26 13:29:41 使用道具

要是有照片就更好了:)

楼主 2015-8-28 06:48:35 使用道具

E:\My Pictures\2015-08-28, 英国 021
  • 冰凌

2016-9-2 12:36:35 使用道具

能坚持下来真不容易!