网站公告
点击问题反馈。微信登陆的用户请及时在个人中心设置登陆密码,并且牢记自己的用户名。
头像上传问题点击此处
本帖最后由 yixin83 于 2021-2-27 10:30 编辑

[free]
A dystopian thriller follows a boy and girl on the run from a town where all thoughts can be heard – and the passage to manhood embodies a horrible secret.
Todd Hewitt is the only boy in a town of men. Ever since the settlers were infected with the Noise germ, Todd can hear everything the men think, and they hear everything he thinks. Todd is just a month away from becoming a man, but in the midst of the cacophony, he knows that the town is hiding something from him -- something so awful Todd is forced to flee with only his dog, whose simple, loyal voice he hears too. With hostile men from the town in pursuit, the two stumble upon a strange and eerily silent creature: a girl. Who is she? Why wasn't she killed by the germ like all the females on New World? Propelled by Todd's gritty narration, readers are in for a white-knuckle journey in which a boy on the cusp of manhood must unlearn everything he knows in order to figure out who he truly is.

The award-winning Chaos Walking trilogy—consisting of The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer, and Monsters of Men— is now available in its entirety in this e-book collection! Find out why The Sunday Times called Chaos Walking “remarkable” and why Publishers Weekly described the series as “one of the most important works of young adult science fiction in recent years.”
屡获殊荣的混沌行走三部曲包括永不放手的刀,问与答,和怪物的男人-现在可以在这本电子书集的全部!了解《星期日泰晤士报》为什么称《混沌行走》为“非凡”,以及《出版商周刊》为何将该系列称为“近年来青少年科幻小说中最重要的作品之一”

The New World: Prequel to the Chaos Walking Trilogy Publisher's Summary
The New World is a prequel to the award-winning Chaos Walking trilogy, setting the stage for the world we discover in The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer, and Monsters of Men. The story was written while the author served as writer in residence for the Booktrust an independent UK-wide charity dedicated to encouraging people of all ages and cultures to enjoy books.
The New World tells of Viola's journey to the New World, brilliantly capturing the hope and fear of settlers in search of a new life. Patrick Ness says that he wrote it "as a huge and deeply-felt thank you to readers. I've had so many questions about Viola and what her life was like before that I couldn't resist the opportunity to reveal just a little bit extra. I knew these things - they're vitally important to her as a character, even if they're not directly in the novels - so it felt like a secret trip I could take readers on. The challenge was to make it work on its own, too, so anyone could read it. That was really, really good fun, and I hope the final result is an exciting one."
The New World can be listened to before or after the trilogy – and some may choose to do both. The story works as a standalone piece, but listeners already familiar with The Knife of Never Letting Go will learn more about Viola’s life and the events leading to her arrival and first encounter with Todd, while newcomers to the trilogy will discover a white-knuckle ride of an introduction to the series. Whether you're a new or faithful listener, though, it's a welcome chance to immerse yourself in the world of Chaos Walking.

Audible link:

提取码: 9jb4

906 查看 8 收藏帖子 (1)

说说我的看法高级模式

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录|新会员加入